Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

1) Can't set hot keys for any mod in MCM.

2)(New Issue) I CTD in the area near Meridias Statue on the road leading from Solitude towards dragon Bridge. Can't get anywhere near it.Happens with old save and new game.

3) Swords, Daggers, Bows have really low damage values in inventory. (Known issue by Know Your enemy)

4) personal issue - I can't find my freaking screenshots folder!

You should start over again. Delete everything, install new and READ EVERY WORD in the guide, especially the Prerequisites Page.  You have /had so many issues which normally do not appear, at least most if not everybody else do not have these issues.

About your Issue 2 "(New Issue) I CTD in the area near Meridias Statue on the road leading from Solitude towards dragon Bridge. Can't get anywhere near it.Happens with old save and new game."

I am pretty sure you did not follow the guide about installing "Stunning Statues Of Skyrim" correctly, which leads me to think that you didn't follow other parts of the guide correctly as well. Hence the many problems you have with your setup.

Edited by Battlestar1965

About your Issue 2 "(New Issue) I CTD in the area near Meridias Statue on the road leading from Solitude towards dragon Bridge. Can't get anywhere near it.Happens with old save and new game."

I am pretty sure you did not follow the guide about installing "Stunning Statues Of Skyrim" correctly, which leads me to think that you didn't follow other parts of the guide correctly as well. Hence the many problems you have with your setup.

Yes, the crashing issue near a statue is most definitely an indicator that "Stunning Statues Of Skyrim" was installed incorrectly.

May start a new game tomorrow to see if it happens at Helgen right from the start or if I've somehow turned this into my "party - woo-hoo!" save.

Maybe don't sell them skooma next time around, I find it causes bad behavior.

Oh, are you both acquainted with Mogo Mead?!! Been told it's a bit more than bit-guinness...

2)(New Issue) I CTD in the area near Meridias Statue on the road leading from Solitude towards dragon Bridge. Can't get anywhere near it.Happens with old save and new game.

Just to clarify the SSOS other people referred to earlier, the installation procedure requires you to create new folders to match the mod "No Snow Under The Roof"'s folder structure, where you'll copy the meshes that will be used by that mod. Later, when you install NSUTR, you delete its original meshes to prevent it from overwriting the better quality ones. If you fail to do the earlier step correctly (either skipping it or by making typo mistakes when creating the new folders and renaming the mesh files) the game will not find the required mesh and you'll CTD as soon as it looks for it.

One way to make this not so tough is the following:

1) When following the instructions for Stunning Statues of Skyrim, instead of creating the Prometheus folder inside that mod, make a new empty mod with MO2, name it something like "NSUTR statues", and inside it, create a "meshes" folder, inside that a "prometheus" folder, etc... (following the rest of the instructions exactly, placing and renaming the copied mesh files).

2) Fetch the talos statue mesh from "LeanWolf's Better-Shaped Talos Statue with Greatsword SE" and copy it/move it to your new mod, in the same folder as the rest of the statue meshes.

3) Place that new mod immediately after "No Snow Under The Roof" in your left pane order and, when installing NSUTR, don't delete the "statuessnow" folder. That way, your new meshes will simply overwrite the original ones and if you fail something in the process, you won't get a CTD (just a lower quality mesh).

Of course, if you do mess up in the process, it will be more difficult to detect it since you won't get a CTD and will have to look closely at the statues to notice it's a lower poly mesh being used.

Edited by godescalcus

Might be worth adding an Idiot Check to SSoS reminding people the newly named meshes go in a separate folder. I know the instructions are clear if you read them carefully, hence my suggestion it be an Idiot Check not a simple Note. I for one copied and renamed the relevant meshes but failed to notice that the new ones had to go in a new folder - so I left them in the folders they started in. I'm almost certain this is why I was getting the CTDs I was reporting in the Haafingar Stormcloak Camp area a few days ago as that is also not far from Meridia's statue.

there already is an idiot check on stunning stature of Skyrim 

What do you think of the suggestion of placing the meshes as a new replacer mod after NSUTR instead of deleting them from NSUTR (with an Idiot's Check all the same, but that way people wouldn't CTD and it would be up to them to detect and fix lower poly meshes). I know SSOS is done like that since at least Neo's guide, but it has always been one of the sections people have issues with the most. Maybe that way it would require less frequent support here.

Edited by godescalcus

What do you think of the suggestion of placing the meshes as a new replacer mod after NSUTR instead of deleting them from NSUTR (with an Idiot's Check all the same, but that way people wouldn't CTD and it would be up to them to detect and fix lower poly meshes). I know SSOS is done like that since at least Neo's guide, but it has always been one of the sections people have issues with the most. Maybe that way it would require less frequent support here.

that could be the answer like you said the reason I do it that way cos it has always been done the way ever since Neo's guide

that could be the answer like you said the reason I do it that way cos it has always been done the way ever since Neo's guide

Just put the section that says make a new folder and put the newly renamed files into the newly created folder in BOLD print.  I'm with Lexy and a comment she made a few days ago about "hand holding".  She already has idiot checks in place, she isn't responsible for individual guide user's levels of reading comprehension.

I'd say more but I"m cantankerous today and I'll just leave it at that.     And yes, I made a mistake with the statue install my first time too.

Edited by Kneph13

Just put the section that says make a new folder and put the newly renamed files into the newly created folder in BOLD print.  I'm with Lexy and a comment she made a few days ago about "hand holding".  She already has idiot checks in place, she isn't responsible for individual guide user's levels of reading comprehension.

I'd say more but I"m cantankerous today and I'll just leave it at that.     And yes, I made a mistake with the statue install my first time too.

Made it more than once, too... And I agree, but hand-holding would actually be making a mod with the replaced meshes and putting it up for download ;) The way I see it you won't be taking away the users' opportunity to learn if you ask them to create a new empty mod instead of a folder inside SSOS. I prefer it and do it myself, the downside being that it's possible to make a mistake and not take notice immediately. And some people don't like to have many asset overwrites for MO to choke on (it shouldn't be an issue, FAIK).

I'm still wondering about this issue:

Does anyone know why SFCO - ELFX Patch.esp would be disabling the effects of ELFX? I'm working my way through the guide but when I get to that point (Snazzy Furniture and Clutter Overhaul) the patch disables the interior lighting effects. 

On what specific record did you see it? Not sure but it may be doing that to prevent flickering. Every mesh can only respond to up to six light sources, I think. ELFX adds sometimes more than that (and splits vanilla meshes so that in general each one can't be affected by more than six light sources). Maybe Snazzy added stuff either has different meshes or gets added in places where you can't work around with ELFX and thus have to disable it? Did you see the patch disabling lighting effects on specific rooms, or on the game in general? I'm sifting through my Snazzy patches merge and haven't found a conflict so far.

Edited by godescalcus

On what specific record did you see it? Not sure but it may be doing that to prevent flickering. Every mesh can only respond to up to six light sources, I think. ELFX adds sometimes more than that (and splits vanilla meshes so that in general each one can't be affected by more than six light sources). Maybe Snazzy added stuff either has different meshes or gets added in places where you can't work around with ELFX and thus have to disable it? Did you see the patch disabling lighting effects on specific rooms, or on the game in general? I'm sifting through my Snazzy patches merge and haven't found a conflict so far.

It looks like it's doing it in the Alternative Start dungeon. When I go to different inns as starting points it seems like the issue goes away. Can I just assume it's an issue with that specific point and not worry about it?