Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

I'll try again... :)

hello all.. I've been following this guide with some excitement for some time now.. especially now that the itch to dive back into Skyrim is slowly coming back.

I've been playing these packs before

Skyrim Vanilla
Skyrim Revisited - Legendary Edition

Skyrim Revisited - Legendary Edition (with my own attempt at adding LotD)

Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition Extended - Legacy of the Dragonborn version

the most polished was definitely SRLE, and I had quite few issues when playing that. How is this pack in terms of stability and needing to xEdit, console fix etc during gameplay? I know it's in Alpha, but it's been like that for quite some time now.. I also know that SSE is supposed to be a much better platform for these modding behemoths :)

Basically what I'm asking is.. if I started to play this behemoth how many times would I be pulled out of my "immersion" needing to fix stuff? and if that amount is still somewhat high.. what is the ETA on moving the pack from alpha to beta to even release one day?

Thanks in advance and thanks for trying to make the ultimate pack.

Minor update to your guide, the new morrow loot section doesn't link to or state there that you Will be merging those bazillion patches. Lol

crap I always miss those.

I'll try again... :)

hello all.. I've been following this guide with some excitement for some time now.. especially now that the itch to dive back into Skyrim is slowly coming back.

I've been playing these packs before

Skyrim Vanilla

Skyrim Revisited - Legendary Edition

Skyrim Revisited - Legendary Edition (with my own attempt at adding LotD)

Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition Extended - Legacy of the Dragonborn version

the most polished was definitely SRLE, and I had quite few issues when playing that. How is this pack in terms of stability and needing to xEdit, console fix etc during gameplay? I know it's in Alpha, but it's been like that for quite some time now.. I also know that SSE is supposed to be a much better platform for these modding behemoths :)

Basically what I'm asking is.. if I started to play this behemoth how many times would I be pulled out of my "immersion" needing to fix stuff? and if that amount is still somewhat high.. what is the ETA on moving the pack from alpha to beta to even release one day?

Thanks in advance and thanks for trying to make the ultimate pack.

The pack is still very much in development if you used the Classic guide you will know that. It is quite stable more so thanks to the 64-bit engine there will be stuff that I have missed cos I can't spot every single conflict

just give it a shot i think you'll be happy.

snip

I used this guide to acclimate myself with advances in modding. I've been out of the game since a little after Legendary Edition came out, so I don't have any experience with the LE versions of any of those guides.

It's a worthwhile guide to get you going. But, I've kinda branched off a bit from it myself. It's still alpha, which would be pretty evident if you lurked the last 10 pages.

Some mods are ... questionable, at best. Most of those are optional.

On the whole, it's a good guide to jump in. It's leagues beyond anything else I've come across for SSE.

I was wondering about something:

Since "M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE" is an optional file, what should Immersive College of Winterhold be set to load after instead? (most of the NPC mods, which are optional, I find to be the majority of mods I'd call "questionable" as referenced above) Or does it matter, since the beta CR addresses the Cell changes that ICOW makes?

I was wondering about something:

Since "M'rissi's Tails of Troubles SE" is an optional file, what should Immersive College of Winterhold be set to load after instead? (most of the NPC mods, which are optional, I find to be the majority of mods I'd call "questionable" as referenced above) Or does it matter, since the beta CR addresses the Cell changes that ICOW makes?

if you don't have M'rissi Just let loot do it's thing. The TESTING CR should take care of most conflicts.

I know this is trivial compared to the updates currently in the works, but this week I discovered some conflicts in the guide that have not been addressed. Currently RUSTIC COOKING is overwriting textures that Realistic HD Food still supplies the the meshes for. The affected Items are Eidar Cheese (00064b34) and Cooked Beef (000721e8). In both instances, the game is trying to slap Gamwich's textures onto Halk's meshes and it does not work. Up to you guys for solution as it is a matter of preference. Personally, I am keeping Halk's Cheese, and Gamwich's Beef. On a side note, SAFO is overwriting Halk's green apples. Personally, I think Halk's texture should be preserved as it is better. As I said, quite trivial, but I figured I should point them out for fixing.

I know this is trivial compared to the updates currently in the works, but this week I discovered some conflicts in the guide that have not been addressed. Currently RUSTIC COOKING is overwriting textures that Realistic HD Food still supplies the the meshes for. The affected Items are Eidar Cheese (00064b34) and Cooked Beef (000721e8). In both instances, the game is trying to slap Gamwich's textures onto Halk's meshes and it does not work. Up to you guys for solution as it is a matter of preference. Personally, I am keeping Halk's Cheese, and Gamwich's Beef. On a side note, SAFO is overwriting Halk's green apples. Personally, I think Halk's texture should be preserved as it is better. As I said, quite trivial, but I figured I should point them out for fixing.

Ok I'll take a look not really noticed probably cos I wasn't looking or paying that much attention.

I'm not there yet, but I take it in the next update a lot of the MLU community patches get merged?

The patches have already been merged I just forgot to add the merge tags and link to the merge page. MLU Patches Merged is on the Merge Page thou.

Ok I'll take a look not really noticed probably cos I wasn't looking or paying that much attention.

Sorry to continue on regarding silly food textures, but I noticed while "fixing" the problem with SAFO that it would be inadvisable to delete the SAFO apple textures. They are not nearly as good as the textures supplied by Realistic HD Food, but apparently SAFO introduces apple halves into the leveled lists (haven't seen them yet). The textures for those halves are included in the Apple01/02 dds files. So getting rid of them in favor of Realistic HD Food would have bad results. Figured I would mention it to save you or anyone else the trouble of looking over the textures based upon my previous post.

If I were to install Morrowloot, do I have to start a new game? - finally started playing skyrim for the first time after modding for several months lol and kinda want to play without restarting again...

If it's just a simple plug and play, that's cool, I'll add it in!

Also, and this is to anyone reading this, what in your opinion is the most appealing thing about Morrowloot? Just curious :3 I kinda like being able to go anywhere at anytime, but maybe having the world leveled adds a more exciting experience?

Edited by Lightsourced

I haven't had a looksie at your MLU CR patch yet (I'm guessing it's similar to mine) but it looks like you might be missing the patches for:

• Bruma
  • Heavy Armoury
  • Royal Armoury
  • Skyrim Revamped - Know Your Enemy Patch

Just a heads up

EDIT: Disregard, you got 'um further down

Edited by uncleseano
I've updated everything and am up to the point of redoing DynDOLOD but each time I run it it stops after less than a minute with a Stream Read Error message. I'll paste the last few lines of output below, where things seem to go pearshaped. Any advice would be appreciated.

[00:00:36.433] Found C:\Users\xxxxx\Downloads\DynDOLOD SE\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\DynDOLOD_SSE_missing_trees.txt

[00:00:36.462] Scanning Tamriel *.BTT files in meshes\terrain\Tamriel\trees\ to build a list of trees with LOD

[00:00:36.581]   0002EC8A found, but not a TREE. FormID in file was 0302EC8A.  Generate tree LOD for this load order.

[00:00:36.873]   00023935 found, but not a TREE. FormID in file was 03023935.  Generate tree LOD for this load order.

[00:00:36.889]   00026AD6 found, but not a TREE. FormID in file was 03026AD6.  Generate tree LOD for this load order.

[00:00:36.903]   00023931 found, but not a TREE. FormID in file was 03023931.  Generate tree LOD for this load order.

[00:00:36.919]   00026AD4 found, but not a TREE. FormID in file was 03026AD4.  Generate tree LOD for this load order.

[00:00:36.942]   0000AA1D found, but not a TREE. FormID in file was 0200AA1D.  Generate tree LOD for this load order.

[00:00:37.156]   03012C04 not found. Generate tree LOD for this load order.

[00:00:37.273] Write next object id 0088E1 to C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object.fid

[00:00:37.292] Write next object id 01AB2F to C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Skyrim Special Edition\DynDOLOD_SSE_next-object-esm.fid

[00:00:37.309]

[00:00:37.333]

[00:00:37.333] Exception in unit userscript line 238: Stream read error

Edited by Rogvir