Lexy's: Legacy of The Dragonborn Special Edition

Hey guys just a head up Darth is taking me to Paris for the weekend as it is my Birthday tomorrow so any major issues will have to wait until I get back.

Have a great birthday Lexy, and enjoy that romantic weekend in Paris.

Hey guys just a head up Darth is taking me to Paris for the weekend as it is my Birthday tomorrow so any major issues will have to wait until I get back.

Woo Hoo!  Be sure to use an Elixir of Haggling before doing any shopping, and a few Elixir of Regeneration will probably be useful during your trip.

I sincerely hope that you and Darth have a wonderful trip that you'll both want to talk about for years!  :woot:

Happy Birthday, DarkladyLexy!

Edited by Decopauge123

Any idea which mod these volumetric fogs come from?

g4l0wsI.pngMXPQPJ6.png

It isn't Obsidian Mountain Fogs, for I think those cover only distant fogs - or could it be? I'm tempted to assume these fogs are from True Storms' foggy weathers.

The issue is that I'm trying to resolve a problem where bright moonlit nights with stormy weather are still bright, and the moons' contour is still slightly visible through what should be thick, dark, gloomy storm clouds. I've tried to use only Vivid Weathers with Obsidian Mountain Fogs and that seemed to improve it a bit (although I didn't test it extensively with that configuration, to cover all possible weathers). But, on the other hand, I don't want to miss these superb volumetric fogs! Tried different enb's (ReEngaged, Phoenix) and though Phoenix is generally brighter than ReEngaged, it didn't aggravate the problem; if anything, it slightly improved the coherence in stormy night conditions, for the sky brightness and distant lod (mountains and trees especially) looked completely wrong with re-engaged and less so with Phoenix, but still they seem somewhat displaced for the sky is usually always too bright. SSE ENB has less tweaking options in-game so I'm unable to edit enb weathers, for example: things like sky brightness or ambient light are inaccessible.

Edited by godescalcus

I have no idea what I did but my installation caused the game to lag horribly.  It took over three minutes for Skyrim to boot.  I ripped it out and am starting over.   Not sure if my specs are to blame or not.

Intel® Core I7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80Ghz

16 GB Ram

NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4 Gb VRAM

Windows 10.1

It's not unusual on first start up with the whole mod list installed for it to take quite some time to load. 3 mins is longish, but doesn't surprise me. You have everything starting up and loading on first boot. Once it's all initialized future boots will be quicker.

It's not unusual on first start up with the whole mod list installed for it to take quite some time to load. 3 mins is longish, but doesn't surprise me. You have everything starting up and loading on first boot. Once it's all initialized future boots will be quicker.

Nozzer66, I'm glad to have you confirm that it's normal. I've noticed this, too, and thought it could also be caused by instability in my build. It also happens when I make some changes to the build - I can't precise whether it's any load order change, or more extensive changes with mods added/removed that change MO2's vfs. I imagine MO2 may build a cache of its vfs and load it as long as no changes have been made from the previous boot; but rebuild it if changes were made, thus causing longer boot times...

So I'm running a partial install up to 22.16 [CLARALUX SSE - Controllable Lights Everywhere] for testing and it seems, I don't know...brighter, less real than what I'm used to from when I played LE using https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition.  I played a bit with [set gamehour to] in console to change the time of day to check and Vivid Weathers to bring it down but it might just be I'm used to Vividian as my ENB.

Edited by jamstraz

So I'm running a partial install up to 22.16 [CLARALUX SSE - Controllable Lights Everywhere] for testing and it seems, I don't know...brighter, less real than what I'm used to from when I played LE using https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Neovalen/Skyrim_Revisited_-_Legendary_Edition.  I played a bit with [set gamehour to] in console to change the time of day to check and Vivid Weathers to bring it down but it might just be I'm used to Vividian as my ENB.

Your greater familiarity with Vividian, the Build differences, and SkyrimLE-vs-SkyrimSE are all factors.