Pyth

Conflict resolution problem

0002BDDD > 000D27DF

Conflicting Module(s):

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp (Mod)
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp (Mod)

Conflict Resolution: Use record from Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp, right-click on the conditions bar and select add. Move the "MQ102" condition from Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp and overwrite the newly created condition slot(GetWantBlocking).
Problem Resolved: Additional condition added by Alternate Start - Live Another Life needed to be merged with the changes from Guard Dialogue Overhaul.

I can't seem to move the MQ102 condition over GetWantBlocking, tesedit refuse to do it, am i doing anything wrong ?

• Similar Content

• By keithinhanoi
      Over time, and by reading comments of mod authors, I have learned that for certain record types displayed in TES5Edit, when using the conflict filter feature, some records are incorrectly identified as conflicting (ie., "conflicting" = overridden by a plugin which comes later in the load order.)

For example, ripple, the author of Inconsequential NPCs has explained that location persistent references (LCPR sub-records in LCTN / Location records) supplied by different plugins are not actually overwritten by the last mod in the load order LCTN for certain locations (source). The implication here is that all those references are combined and used from all mods with that record type when Skyrim is started. So in other words, when making a compatibility patch in TES5Edit, you do not need to copy overrides for those particular records.

I have asked in a number of places which records types do not need to be carried forward into compatibility patches, but have never received a reply, and still to this day have not found a definitive list in one place. Well, I'd like to change that, and I need your help, if this is something you are knowledgeable about.

Below is a list of record types, grouped by category, that I have read comments saying they are incorrectly identified as conflicting, because they are actually combined at runtime:

A List of Non-Conflicting Record Types seen in TES5Edit [WIP]
      Default Object Manager (DOBJ)Record sub-record types:
      DNAM - Objects  (Confirmed here) Dialogue Topic (DIAL) Record sub-record types:
      TFIC - Info Count  (Confirmed - sources: here & here) Dialogue Information (INFO) Record sub-record types:
      PNAM - Previous Info  (Confirmed here) Idle Animation (IDLE) Record sub-record types:
      ANAM - Related Idle Animations  (Confirmed here) Location (LCTN) Record sub-record types:  (Confirmed here)
      ACPR - Actor Cell Persistent Reference LCPR - Location Cell Persistent Reference RCUN - Reference Cell UNique ACSR - Actor Cell Static References LCSR - Location Cell Static Reference RCSR - Reference Cell Static Reference ACEC - Actor Cell Encounter Cell LCEC - Location Cell Encounter Cell RCEC - Reference Cell Encounter Cell ACID - Actor Cell Marker Reference LCID - Location Cell Marker Reference ACEP - Actor Cell Enable Point LCEP - Location Cell Enable Point NOTE: Other LCTN sub-record types require conflict management.
      (Confirmed - sources: here, here, here & here)

Story Manager Quest Node (SMQN) Record sub-record types: (Confirmed - source: here & here)
      SNAM - Child sub-records QNAM - Quest Count / Quests Story Manager B??? Node (SMBN) Record sub-record types:
      SNAM - Child sub-records  (Confirmed here) For more details about how the above listed sub-record types merge at runtime, please see this excellent opening thread post by Arthmoor from 12 March 2014. Many thanks to him for confirming / explaining all of these, and a tip of the hat to MonoAccipitor for noticing Arthmoor's post.

I will update this list with additional confirmed non-conflicting record types based on your replies.
      Thanks in advance for your help, and let's hope others can benefit from this list!
    • By Thiero
      During step 12 I a unable to drag line BMDT - Biped Data from the YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm column to the NewVegasUncutSeries.esp column.

• By Guba
      First of all, hello to the community. My name is Sergio (aka Guba), 46, Italian.
      I have recently decided to return to play skyrim and I have found that it is alive and vital as always, and that the community of players-modders has grown up strong with new fantastic mods and new versions of great glories as well.
      I decided to "level-up" also my modding practice, starting to study and use some tools more in depth, like tesvedit, to deal with some very fascinating things like personal patches to cover more precisely some problems that a normal merged patch does not.
      Well, the tool is fantastic, but there are obviously some problems that require a greater experience than mine.
      So this is why I'm here to ask. If this is not the right place to ask please don't flame me, ok ?
      I looked for the keyword "keyword conflict" into the forum search, but I have got no result.
      I'd like to know if there is a topic already covered in one of the forums somewhere, if someone has covered this topic indirectly or this is a "forget because negligible" problem.
      I think it is not a negligible problem also because the color code used for this occurrence is scary ( :-) ) a deep violet on purple background!
      Is there some expert who has covered this topic in depth ? Which is the best strategy to resolve this issue ?
      I tried to copy the keyword set that I think is the right one into my patch but nothing, it seems that unless I modify the STEP_Extended_Patch.esp  file taking away the conflicting keywords, there is no way to get rid of the problem.
      I'm using the Extended patch because I installed all the mods of the guide. I hope I did well.
      Thanks in advance for any help.