Sign in to follow this  
Spacebadger

Heavy stutter when tree transitions from lod to full model

Question

So I'm getting pretty heavy stutter as trees transition from lod to full model. I am usin enboost and crashfix's useosallocators, and I have figured out that it does come from the trees, but I can't figure out how to fix it

7 answers to this question

I am not sure what loading of full models has to do with DynDOLOD. Why do you believe it is only trees, it loads 5 or more entire cells that moment, terrain and trees are one of the first thing.

Should I try making a lod with no trees and see if it still stutters? I had believed the stutter to be caused by the tree transition because it was the only thing I saw when it stuttered

Edited by Spacebadger

You can easily test if tree LOD is causing anything by changing tree LOD distance to zero either in the SkyrimPrefs.INI [TerrainManager] fTreeLoadDistance=0 or using the DynDOLOD MCM Settings page.

If on the other hand the loading of full objects causes hitches, try default BethINIs and adjusting ReservedMemorySizeMb while in-game in ENB overlay directly in ReservedMemorySizeMb. Start with values 0, 32, 64 and increment in small steps. If you use crash fixes UseOSAllocators use the Custom Memory and check non of it is not hitting 100% in console.

Thanks man, I'll try it out and get back to you

Only bad thing about your program is the run time, probably spent a good dya running it, everything else looks fantastic

Still stutters without trees, but does not stutter whine dyndolod not installed. Should I increase the useosallocators custom memory? Enb reserve is at 512mb

Adjust ReservedMemorySizeMb in the ENB overlay while running around in the game.

Turn off all LOD with console command tll, that allows better seeing the moment new cells are loaded. You can adjust values live using the mouse controlling the spinner, while using WASD to move.

Use BethINIs.

Set CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb so that memory report in console shows none of the buffers at 100%, but just slightly below it.

Alternatively test performance by using default heap memory adjusted with memory blocks log (UseOsAllocators=0), then a third test with AlignHeapAllocate=1

Lower overall demand of generated LODs by using low, medium presets. See the manual Performance section for more.

Edited by sheson