Sign in to follow this  
Spacebadger

Heavy stutter when tree transitions from lod to full model

Question

So I'm getting pretty heavy stutter as trees transition from lod to full model. I am usin enboost and crashfix's useosallocators, and I have figured out that it does come from the trees, but I can't figure out how to fix it

7 answers to this question

I am not sure what loading of full models has to do with DynDOLOD. Why do you believe it is only trees, it loads 5 or more entire cells that moment, terrain and trees are one of the first thing.

Should I try making a lod with no trees and see if it still stutters? I had believed the stutter to be caused by the tree transition because it was the only thing I saw when it stuttered

Edited by Spacebadger

You can easily test if tree LOD is causing anything by changing tree LOD distance to zero either in the SkyrimPrefs.INI [TerrainManager] fTreeLoadDistance=0 or using the DynDOLOD MCM Settings page.

If on the other hand the loading of full objects causes hitches, try default BethINIs and adjusting ReservedMemorySizeMb while in-game in ENB overlay directly in ReservedMemorySizeMb. Start with values 0, 32, 64 and increment in small steps. If you use crash fixes UseOSAllocators use the Custom Memory and check non of it is not hitting 100% in console.

Thanks man, I'll try it out and get back to you

Only bad thing about your program is the run time, probably spent a good dya running it, everything else looks fantastic

Still stutters without trees, but does not stutter whine dyndolod not installed. Should I increase the useosallocators custom memory? Enb reserve is at 512mb

Adjust ReservedMemorySizeMb in the ENB overlay while running around in the game.

Turn off all LOD with console command tll, that allows better seeing the moment new cells are loaded. You can adjust values live using the mouse controlling the spinner, while using WASD to move.

Use BethINIs.

Set CustomMemoryBlockTotalSizeMb so that memory report in console shows none of the buffers at 100%, but just slightly below it.

Alternatively test performance by using default heap memory adjusted with memory blocks log (UseOsAllocators=0), then a third test with AlignHeapAllocate=1

Lower overall demand of generated LODs by using low, medium presets. See the manual Performance section for more.

Edited by sheson

Sorry she son, figured I thought a bit late it wasn't dyndolod, put up a new topic for the new problem. Dyndolod fine

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By vickyticky
      I am sorry if I am posting this at the wrong place.
      When I first started playing Skyrim again a month back I didnt lag, but I CTD constantly. Drove me mad.
      I then installed ENBoost - and I was blessed to see that I stopped CTD completely! It was beautiful. I have to this day not crashed once since I got it.

However... I started noticing that I lagged insanely, and my fps jumped up and down like nuts. Be it in towns, cities or the woods, there be stutter and huge lagspikes.
      I spendt 3 days disabling and enabling mods, fixing ini-settings, studying step-guides, and all I could think off, until today when I for other reasons removed ENBoost from my skyrim-folder for some testing. The lag stopped. It was smooth. Im running SFO 2.5 and a LOT of texture mods. Jumping happily around with a fps between 50-60 all the way with only tiny lag here and there, nothing to think off.
      Well.. that is until I plugged ENBoost into my skyrim-folder again... Then Lag - here we come. Its basically unplayable.
      I have tried several different things in the enblocal.ini. In pure desperation. I am at a loss now, and I am asking for help.

I am no pc-genious, so im posting the specs of my computer i guess (?) you will need.
      Windows 7 home premium
      intel core i7-4790 cpu 3.60
      nvidia geforce gtx 760
      12 gb ram

Here is the settings I have been running in ENblocal.ini:

• By Phoenix
      Already asked on the modding subreddit, but neither I nor the (very kind!) subreddit users could come up with a solution so I figured this was the best place to ask for help, because I'm tearing out my hair here.

The main problem is ENB. I removed my preset and with only ENBoost I had the most annoying screen tearing (?) and stuttering issues. Installing an SSD helped a bit. As soon as the d3d9.dll is gone the problem is almost gone. Even with Vanilla (all DLC and cleaned) + STEP Textures + USLEEP + UHRP + SkyUI + SKSE + OneTweak + Crash Fixes I have screen tearing when turning around and occasional stutters. Framerate is stable, but it does not feel smooth at all.

i5 4570 4x3,2GHZ
      EVGA GTX 1070 FE 8192MB
      8GB RAM
      Win10
      Using Mod Organizer.

[MEMORY]
      ExpandSystemMemoryX64=false
      ReduceSystemMemoryUsage=true
      DisableDriverMemoryManager=false
      DisablePreloadToVRAM=false
      EnableUnsafeMemoryHacks=false
      ReservedMemorySizeMb=64
      VideoMemorySizeMb=3714
      EnableCompression=false
      AutodetectVideoMemorySize=false

[THREADS]
      DataSyncMode=0
      PriorityMode=0
      EnableUnsafeFixes=false

Skyrim.ini and SkyrimPrefs.ini generated with spINI.

As I said, main issue is ENB, but I rolled back to vanilla today and with my minimal base mod list and no ENBoost some stuttering still occurs. I've tried every fix I could find on the internet and nothing helped. Any advice or help would be very much appreciated!
    • By Spacebadger
      enblocal.ini here https://pastebin.com/bvd6hECF

So after days of testing, I found that my enboost is whats causing heavy stutter on cell load. I dont really understand why, I folllowed the step guide to setup. Its not the usual datasyncmode culprit, either. Any input is greatly appreciated. I really want to be able to use enboost For what I mean be cell load stutter, When I leave falkreath and it loads in the next cells (signified by the treeline popping in) I drop from 30fps from a smooth 60