maxmish

Crashes when opening windows browser

Question

Whenever I try to load a mod or if I want to change Binary, as soon as the windows browser opens the app crashes. Every time. I tried to reinstall it, I tried to reinstall the Skyrim, I tried to delete every file that was related to NMM or Skyrim or Mod Organizer. It keeps crashing.

10 answers to this question

Can you start over and provide as much detail as possible?

If I try to load a mod and I press "Install a new mod from an archive" button or I press "Binary" in Modify Executables, as soon as the file browser opens the MO2 crashes. I can send some screenshots if it helps.

Those are general Windows file-selector dialogues, it would be good to also know what version of Windows you are running.

Are there any logs or crashdumps generated? Logs we can help with but crashdumps, not so much. Sounds more like some issues with Windows or possibly some other software preventing those dialogues from accessing your system.

00:46:19.056 [D] remove from process 676

00:46:19.056 create config in 676

00:46:19.056 0 processes - 0

00:46:19.056 mod_organizer_instance_1 created in process 676

00:46:19.056 attached to mod_organizer_instance_1 with 1 nodes, size 65536

00:46:19.056 inv_mod_organizer_instance_1 created in process 676

00:46:19.056 attached to inv_mod_organizer_instance_1 with 1 nodes, size 65536

00:46:19.056 [D] context current shm: mod_organizer_instance (now 2 connections)

If that's all the logs that are being generated then there is a serious flaw with your MO2 install.

Remove and re-install. Take note of the stickied threads in the MO sub-forum about software that may interfere with it.

Could you tell me where does it generates the logs? Maybe I missed some.

I have just tried to reinstall MO2, it still crashes.

22:34:28.452 [D] remove from process 10780

22:34:28.453 create config in 10780

22:34:28.453 0 processes - 0

22:34:28.453 mod_organizer_instance_1 created in process 10780

22:34:28.453 attached to mod_organizer_instance_1 with 1 nodes, size 65536

22:34:28.453 inv_mod_organizer_instance_1 created in process 10780

22:34:28.453 attached to inv_mod_organizer_instance_1 with 1 nodes, size 65536

22:34:28.453 [D] context current shm: mod_organizer_instance (now 2 connections)

Okay. I've found a way to fix it. I reinstalled my windows. Time to mod Skyrim! :D