Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Getting errors when I do a Vivid Weathers Merge

Checking for errors in Vivid Weathers.esp
  DLC2ApocryphaWeatherNew [WTHR:03034CFB]
    WTHR \ Sounds \ SNAM - Sound \ Sound -> [030FB625] < Error: Could not be resolved >
  SoulCairnAurora [WTHR:0200959F]
    WTHR \ Sounds \ SNAM - Sound \ Sound -> [01007011] < Error: Could not be resolved >
All done!

Getting errors when I do a Vivid Weathers Merge

Checking for errors in Vivid Weathers.esp

DLC2ApocryphaWeatherNew [WTHR:03034CFB]

WTHR \ Sounds \ SNAM - Sound \ Sound -> [030FB625]

SoulCairnAurora [WTHR:0200959F]

WTHR \ Sounds \ SNAM - Sound \ Sound -> [01007011]

All done!

I fixed these manually and made Manga aware of them.

He uploaded a fix few mins ago (v1.31) ia that what you got?

Looks like it should be fixed now, guide updated.

So I would REALLY like to add "Skyrim Bigger Trees" into my list. Does it work with the newest version of SFO? Will DynDOLOD create the appropriately sized LOD's?? Are there any problems I haven't foreseen besides some trees clipping through stuff? It just really changes the game so much. I love it and dont want to play without it.

Hi,

I'm using SBT and I don't have any problems. It's important to pay attention to the load order as it is stated in the mod page. The mod is a bit behind in updates but I haven't encountered any drawbacks. I use the lite edition as the full one has some really huge trees (taller than mountains in some areas). For the LODs I ran DynDOLOD after I properly installed SBT and it seems fine, trees are big in the distance, big when up close and they don't suddenly appear to be big as in some cases. As for the other mod - Skysight - it is incomplete and doesn't support other areas - yet.

So go ahead and try it, see how you like it.

Hi,

I'm using SBT and I don't have any problems. It's important to pay attention to the load order as it is stated in the mod page. The mod is a bit behind in updates but I haven't encountered any drawbacks. I use the lite edition as the full one has some really huge trees (taller than mountains in some areas). For the LODs I ran DynDOLOD after I properly installed SBT and it seems fine, trees are big in the distance, big when up close and they don't suddenly appear to be big as in some cases. As for the other mod - Skysight - it is incomplete and doesn't support other areas - yet.

So go ahead and try it, see how you like it.

Thanks :) I went ahead and installed the full version, but I think I'm gonna scale it back to the lite as well.

Out of curiosity, why did you both choose lite over the full version? I'm thinking of installing it, myself.

I haven't switched to lite just yet, but the few hours of playtime I had with the full version ended up crashing a few times (no more than 3 in about 4 hours)

I'm not sure, but I think its just too much for the game. Besides SBT, the only things different from my game compared to the guide are I have Vividian set to the highest setting, along with the Realistic Water 2 ENB textures set to ultra instead of high. The crashes would only happen when I was running around in heavily forested areas.

Just a heads up for a patch I just uploaded on Nexus to fix the Silver-Blood Inn being too dark in a SR:LE install.   Basically, the RRR_ELFX_Patch took out ELFX's light sources to prevent RRRE's new light source from flickering, at the cost of making the whole place too damn dark to see anything.  My patch does the opposite, disabling the RRRE source and re-enabling the ELFX ones, with the end result that I can now see the innkeeper and patrons again!   Check out https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74547/? for the whole thing.

I think it would be *very* nice if this patch were incorporated into SRLE's custom RRR_ELFX_Patch.

If anyone uses it and has problems, please let me know!

• +1 1

I haven't switched to lite just yet, but the few hours of playtime I had with the full version ended up crashing a few times (no more than 3 in about 4 hours)

I'm not sure, but I think its just too much for the game. Besides SBT, the only things different from my game compared to the guide are I have Vividian set to the highest setting, along with the Realistic Water 2 ENB textures set to ultra instead of high. The crashes would only happen when I was running around in heavily forested areas.

Okay. Thanks. :)

Edit: From what I've been reading, vurt said SFO already provides bigger trees. So unless you're using the full version, I don't see a point to adding to it. Just my two cents. Plus vurt straight up said SBT isn't compatible with 2.5. Take it as ye will.

Edited by Alluistras

Edit: From what I've been reading, vurt said SFO already provides bigger trees. So unless you're using the full version, I don't see a point to adding to it. Just my two cents. Plus vurt straight up said SBT isn't compatible with 2.5. Take it as ye will.

Well fug. Guess I'll ditch it. That's a shame, cuz Vurt's trees could def. Stand to be taller

I think there's some confusion coming from the fact that the two "bigger tree" mods have the same initials: SBT.

Simply Bigger Trees works by replacing the meshes for each type of tree (treepineforest01.nif, treepineforest02.nif, etc.).  Therefore, it conflicts with Skyrim Flora Overhaul.  Vurt has confirmed that SFO 2.5a and Simply Bigger Trees are incompatible.

Skyrim Bigger Trees doesn't change the meshes.  Instead, its esp changes the scale for individual trees in the world. 

Vanilla Skyrim assigns a scale to each individual tree in the world, where 1 = 100% of normal size, 0.8 = 80% of normal size, 1.1 = 110%, and so on.  That way, trees that use the same mesh can have different sizes.  Skyrim Bigger Trees changes the scale tree by tree: "that tree by the pond is 20% bigger, that tree to the left that has the same mesh is 10% bigger, that tree to the right is unchanged" and so on. 

So in general, Skyrim Bigger Trees should be totally compatible with SFO.  However, if any of Vurt's trees are drastically larger than vanilla, then there could be some problems.  For example, if Skyrim Bigger Trees increased the size of a tree next to the road, and the size was perfect with vanilla meshes, but SFO has a bigger mesh, so now the tree is blocking the road.  But there could also be zero problems like that.  I don't know how different the mesh sizes are between SFO and vanilla.

Hi Neo,

I read this thread https://forum.step-project.com/topic/10199-fps-drop-near-breezehome-drunken-huntsman/

Astakos recommended this mod XPMSE Skeleton for RSChildren by xp32 - Groovtama - Ranaline - DetectiveToaster  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62830/? which fix the problem. Should this mod be in SR:LE?

I have downloaded this mod previously but my understanding was that it wasn't needed unless doing certain bone animations that children did not have. I don't believe we are using any of those but I suppose it couldn't hurt.