Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

Hi all. My PC specs are in my signature (additionally, I run Skyrim off an SSD drive, and my PC is running Windows 10).

I just finished reinstalling SRLE as per Neo's recommendations, and I expected that I would be able to achieve a decent frame rate, but it appears not...

I tried tweaking things so that I achieve a stable frame rate of at least 30 fps at all times, but still can't seem to - it always drops to about 20-25, and then spikes up to about 40 at other times.

I tried using Low setting on DYNDOLOD, and also reducing the ENB quality from withing the enbseries.ini, but nothing's worked.

Can you suggest anything else I could try? I wouldn't even mind trying to drop the texture sizes from 2K to 1K, but I don't wanna have to do it all mod-by-mod, nor can I D/L everything again (limited bandwidth).

Would it be alright if I just DDSopt-ed my entire mod folder all at once?

Truly sorry if it is off-topic, I am not sure if it is still actual or whether it affects an SR-LE setup.

But there was an issue with Windows 10 capping the DirectX9 VRAM limit ?

I thought there was a thread on STEP about this also but could not locate it.

Truly sorry if it is off-topic, I am not sure if it is still actual or whether it affects an SR-LE setup.

But there was an issue with Windows 10 capping the DirectX9 VRAM limit ?

I thought there was a thread on STEP about this also but could not locate it.

To be honest, I never really took the trouble to monitor the VRAM usage until I came up on my current predicament, and so far, I'm not seeing any limitations on my 3GB. I'm not certain how it might be for folks with Titans, etc, for example.

does anyone know how to remove Rikke's helmet (she's using the Heroic Imperial from Immersive Armors) as I find it pretty annoying not been able to see her face with using the console?

If you want to remove it in game select Rikke and open console then use the following commands

ShowInventory - this will give you a list of items worn or in the inventory along with their IDs

RemoveItem <ID of the Helmet> 1

If you want to remove it permanently you will need to edit her outfit in TES5Edit - this might require some digging since Immersive Armors edits outfits via scripts so you will need to check which form IA is actually assigning to her outfit and edit that.

If you want to remove it in game select Rikke and open console then use the following commands

ShowInventory - this will give you a list of items worn or in the inventory along with their IDs

RemoveItem <ID of the Helmet> 1

If you want to remove it permanently you will need to edit her outfit in TES5Edit - this might require some digging since Immersive Armors edits outfits via scripts so you will need to check which form IA is actually assigning to her outfit and edit that.

yeah...I know how to do it via console...:D...I tried to find it in Tes5edit but no luck..

yeah...I know how to do it via console...:D...I tried to find it in Tes5edit but no luck..

maybe you could try this mod out https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18250/? it was recommended to me by rxkx22 related to this issue, I haven't tried it out yet

or there is this method:

Install Mfg Console

[2]

Launch skyrim and open console

[3]

Click Karliah precisely

[4]

Click equipments => Karliah hood with Shift key, not the left click.

[5]

Type "removeitem xxxx 1" (xxxx is the ID of her hood which you can find in [4])

[6]

Done.

Edited by Darth_mathias

maybe you could try this mod out https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18250/? it was recommended to me by rxkx22 related to this issue, I haven't tried it out yet

or there is this method:

Install Mfg Console

[2]

Launch skyrim and open console

[3]

Click Karliah precisely

[4]

Click equipments => Karliah hood with Shift key, not the left click.

[5]

Type "removeitem xxxx 1" (xxxx is the ID of her hood which you can find in [4])

[6]

Done.

Don't think that mod would do the thing that I want to..as for mfg console I don't need it as I use the default console (prid...unequipitem...)..The thing that I wanted is to edit Rikke's outfit as in normal mode she won't use the helmet...

U do not need MFG Console??? ok...

As for Rikke...there are 3 instances of her in the game...which one r u talking abt?

Actually the only one that has a helmet in her outfit is the instance that is involved in Civil War. This is FormID 000D0573.

If you look further down in TES5Edit you will see the DOFT-Default Outfit record. In there you will see that the outfit allocated to that instance of Rikke is ArmorImperialHeavyOutfitOfficer [OTFT:000AD241]

This outfit has a helmet...if you delete the helmet from this Outfit then Civil War Rikke will not wear but also anybody else in the game that has this outfit assigned to.

Build references in TES5Edit to see where else this outfit is given...and experiment a bit! ;)

The other 2 instances of Rikke (000132A1, 000EA583) do not have a helmet allocated.

U do not need MFG Console??? ok...

As for Rikke...there are 3 instances of her in the game...which one r u talking abt?

Actually the only one that has a helmet in her outfit is the instance that is involved in Civil War. This is FormID 000D0573.

If you look further down in TES5Edit you will see the DOFT-Default Outfit record. In there you will see that the outfit allocated to that instance of Rikke is ArmorImperialHeavyOutfitOfficer [OTFT:000AD241]

This outfit has a helmet...if you delete the helmet from this Outfit then Civil War Rikke will not wear but also anybody else in the game that has this outfit assigned to.

Build references in TES5Edit to see where else this outfit is given...and experiment a bit! ;)

The other 2 instances of Rikke (000132A1, 000EA583) do not have a helmet allocated.

well..I'm using mfg console but not for that..I'm talking about the default instance (000132A1) and the outfit that is from Immersive Armors (Heroic Imperial Helmet)...IA takes over the default outfit

ArmorImperialHeavyOutfitOfficer and forces the Heroic Imperial Armor ..which is OK..but I hate that she's wearing the helmet..

Edited by mavanaic

well..I'm using mfg console but not for that..I'm talking about the default instance (000132A1) and the outfit that is from Immersive Armors (Heroic Imperial Helmet)...IA takes over the default outfit

ArmorImperialHeavyOutfitOfficer and forces the Heroic Imperial Armor ..which is OK..but I hate that she's wearing the helmet..

The problem with Immersive Armors is that it uses a script to distribute armor pieces. So using the console is actually the easiest way. If you want to modify it in Tes5Edit you would have to dig around inside IA's script which is located under 'Quest' (IAAdminQuest).

EDIT: I might have found a better way to change Rikke's outfit: under Leveled Item search for IASetHeroicImperial (formID: xx00654C) and remove the helmet. That should do it (assuming that's the correct outfit)

Edited by TirigonX

The problem with Immersive Armors is that it uses a script to distribute armor pieces. So using the console is actually the easiest way. If you want to modify it in Tes5Edit you would have to dig around inside IA's script which is located under 'Quest' (IAAdminQuest).

EDIT: I might have found a better way to change Rikke's outfit: under Leveled Item search for IASetHeroicImperial (formID: xx00654C) and remove the helmet. That should do it (assuming that's the correct outfit)

Thanks..I'll take a look