Skyrim Revisited Pre-Release Feedback

could be artifacting. I had an issue in belethors shop. every time i entered i got a caleidoscopic effect on the right hand sand of his desk. I closed the game, entered the shop... nothing.

My graphic cards were running for a long time skyrim, so maybe at some point they need a break :D

Now that I've sorted out the crash problem (damned SKSE tweak) I have done some more mod evaluations and tweaked the guide accordingly (removing 2 STEP mods). Playtesting a bit before I go into the next sections I want to work. Damned stable now even with SLI disabled (to fix SLI bugs) I'm at 60fps 100% of the time so very happy with that.

I have a list of ~100 mods I need to evaluate yet for inclusion, obviously they will not ALL make it. Dragonborn coming in about a week... will see how much I can get done before that.

-----

Did a quick look at SkyRe towards the end of the night just to check it out... ReProccer is nice but doesn't catch everything (obviously). I found the physics to be a bit buggy at times (when I died my body went flipping under the ground... or flying). Might be a problem with the combat or ai module. I'll try just the base module next time. Still haven't made my decision on this one. I should shoot an email over to Gopher to see what portions he is using.

Neovalen Wrote'Neovalen''21720''1359258268'Alright, so I can play for 2 hours no issue but in one or two areas I experience a crash. Anyone else experiencing a crash running down the road from Whiterun to the Ritual stone?

Since someone mentioned it I tried taking out HQLODs... but that had no effect on this particular crash. Googling the problem I am not alone in this... going to try DDSOpting all the big texture packages installed in SR. Maybe there is a bad/corrupted texture somewhere.

Checked VRAM use - Under 2GB at the time of crash so that is not even a concern. Papyrus script looks clean. Crash is repeatable (same area every time).

Reverted to Vanilla, same issue, same place... ug. Time to check hardware... or I don't know what...

Yup. I spent about 10 hours yesterday working on this problem. I think it's the location you're talking about. Leave Whitehaven, turn left, go past the meadery. Depending on my setup it crashes upon approaching the bridge, crossing the bridge or during the animal encounter (wolf or skeever).

I can reliably duplicate it and it does not occur when I have everything up to section 4.6 (The people of Skyrim) installed.

I had a feeling that the XP32 new animations were part of the problem and removed them, this eliminated the ActorTypeDwarven errors from the lvlpredatorscript.psc script but with later mods loaded, the crash returned.

I used a fresh game every time, no saves.

Gut feeling said that it has something to do with SKSE.

I also have the greyed out and italicised titles plux red box with X in the flags column for:

ENhanced blood textures dawnguard compatibility patch

Improved weapon impact effects

Yngol barrow button fix

I have a grey lightning bolt in the flags column for:

HRDLC1 Optimized

HRDLC2 Optimized

AOF Detailed Mountaing

Tobes Highres Textures 1_2b SMIM Patch (wrong load order perhaps? The conflicted files are provided by SMIM)

Ultimate HD Torch rheadude compatible (Overwritten by the other Ultimate HD torch mod)

UNP base body (your textures only installation is overwritten by the other skins (either fitness or in my case, milkdrinker [an awesome skin])

Other grey lightning bolts are due to the presence of the esp files in the overwrite folder.

Forgive the n00b question: But where do I find the SKSE.ini file? I've checked my skse mods directories, the skyrim/data subdirectories and mygames/skyrim and can't find it.

As they are "obsolete", do we need the official HighResTexturePack01 and HighResTexturePack02 bsa enabled via skyrim.ini?

Do we need to load the obsolete optimized packs?

I've also noticed some flickering in the long-distance mountain textures.

Now that I've sorted out the crash problem (damned SKSE tweak) I have done some more mod evaluations and tweaked the guide accordingly (removing 2 STEP mods). Playtesting a bit before I go into the next sections I want to work. Damned stable now even with SLI disabled (to fix SLI bugs) I'm at 60fps 100% of the time so very happy with that.

I have a list of ~100 mods I need to evaluate yet for inclusion, obviously they will not ALL make it. Dragonborn coming in about a week... will see how much I can get done before that.

-----

Did a quick look at SkyRe towards the end of the night just to check it out... ReProccer is nice but doesn't catch everything (obviously). I found the physics to be a bit buggy at times (when I died my body went flipping under the ground... or flying). Might be a problem with the combat or ai module. I'll try just the base module next time. Still haven't made my decision on this one. I should shoot an email over to Gopher to see what portions he is using.

I am sure it's not SkyRe that did the physics problem, since it does not touch that part. I have using it and do not have such problems. I use all the SkyRe modules.

Gopher isn't using only the Races and Standing Stones modules, as he stated in one comment on one of the videos (Ill not look for it, lol).

I used to have CTDs on Whiterun also. I corrected without really knowing what was, but I suspect it was Distant Detail or the HQ LODs also. That's really weird.

@justjr - I hate you.

A vanilla install running only the optimized textures, the cleaned dawnguard and hearthfires esps, SKSE and alternative start (so I can start in Whiterun for testing purposes) doesn't crash here.

Do the other HD textures such as Skyrim HD, SRO and Serious HD need to be run through DDSopt?

What about WATER, etc.?

Should I remove the esps from the overwrite fold and copy them to their respective mod folders? (this would clean up the esp window in Mod Organizer when the mods are not loaded. At the moment my esps window displays all of the fixes lying around in the overwrites folder)

CRAP - Still getting the CTD in Whiterun. Downscaled to 1024 textures for Skyrim HD, SRO and Serious HD. Now running at a steady 1870 MB VRAM.

Depending on what I'm running it occurs either on the bridge after the meadery or between the farm and the meadery in Whiterun.

I'm getting a consistent crash when going indoors during the Helgen start. Anyone have a "gut feel" for a possible responsible mod' date=' or am I into chunk-at-a-time troubleshooting?[/quote']

I had maybe a similar problem.  Try disabling the UNP Blessed mod and if it goes away, something went awry with that part of the guide.  Installing the skeleton mod over it again seemed to help.