How do I Uninstall MO 2.0.7

jbsheridan

Question

Hi there,

I installed MO 2.0.7 into my SSE folder, but something is not done correctly. i followed Gopher's instructions precisely.

However the installation only shows the MO 2.0.7.exe in the SSE folder, not a complete MO folder with the MO.exe in it like in my Skyrim installation folder, and when I click on the MO 2.0.7.exe, it pulls up the previous install of MO dedicated to Skyrim rather than showing a fresh MO window dedicated to SSE.

I have no idea what is going on because I chose the file paths correctly.

1. How do I uninstall this MO 2.0.7 installation that is in my SSE folder so I can do the install again, or..

2. How do I fix this mess.

Thank you.

Easier way: when you install latest (2.0.8) MO and it ask the destination folder point it to the Skyrim SE main folder, that way you end up with a folder called "ModOrganizer" inside the SSE folder IF you choose the portable installation when prompted (I seriously recommend you install as portable because it avoid tons of problems compared to the other version).

About how to remove it.. You have to dig an manually remove any installed file. If you have not used the portable version on your first installation then you also find files in app data / local (hidden by default) you need to delete.

Inviato dal mio MHA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yes!

I am thinking that was the problem.

I did not select Portable when I installed MO 2.0.7

And, I guess, that is why I only got the .exe inside the SSE folder?, instead of the complete MO folder that I have inside of Skyrim when I installed MO 1.33 , because on the MO1.33 install I did choose Portable?

Thank you also for the path to find the MO2.0.7 files.

I will check it all out here shortly.

Question...Is it safe to just delete any MO 2.0.7 files manually that I find, and also the .exe in the SSE folder? Will I screw anything up by doing so?  I could not find any uninstall functionality for MO 2.0.7, not even in Revo Pro Uninstaller. The MO 1.33 that I installed with the Portable option does have an uninstall functionality shown in Revo.

Thank you so much for the help.

DLLs

license

loot

NCC

platforms

plugins

stylesheets

translations

tutorials

helper.exe

ModOrganizer.exe

nxmhandler.exe

nxmhandler.ini

python27.dll

python27.zip

uibase.dll

uninstall.exe

usvfs_proxy.exe

usvfs_x64.dll

usvfs_x86.dll

This is the contents of the MO2 installation folder, bold entries are folders and italic are files.

Hi There,

Thank you for the folder example. This example looks like the correctly working MO 1.33 folder I have for Skyrim.

My folder for MO 2.0.7 that is in appdata/local does not look like this example. See screenshot below.

Is this folder that is MO 2.0.7 in appdata/local the correct folder to delete, and is there any other MO  2.0.7 folder or files somewhere that I should also delete?

post-10342-0-86196500-1491324092_thumb.png

Edited by jbsheridan

Hi there,

I deleted the  MO 2.0.7 folder I had in appdata/local, and I deleted the MO 2.0.7.exe I had in the main SSE folder.

I ran the MO 2.0.8 setup. selected Portable and checked the two additional install boxes at the bottom of the MO installer window to link to Nexus.

I have a complete MO folder now in my Steam/steamapps/common/SSE/ MO2 folder.

i created a link to the MO.exe in this folder to my dessktop.

However, when I start MO2.0.8 the MO Window still says Skyrim MO rather than Skyrim Special Edition MO and I still have several Mods showing in this MO window and the SKSE install in the Run window and the Creation Kit and the link to run Skyrim, not SSE.

I have no idea what is going on.

What do I need to do to get MO 2.0.8  to be pointing to SSE and the beginning unmodded game of SSE, rather than Skyrim?

Thank you.post-10342-0-61064100-1491339943_thumb.png

Edited by jbsheridan

MO2 is a multi-game programme. To use it for another game you need to open the "Game selection" dialogue via the far-left toolbar icon and choose Skyrim Special Edition.

MO2 remembers the last game it was used for, so each time you use it it shows you what you launched last.

Hi Grant,

For MO 2.0.8 I have three selections in the Game Selection Dialogue. Skyrim SE, Portable and New Game.

I have tried all three selections and I have clicked the restart MO button also, and nothing changes in the Main MO window. It still looks just like the screenshot above. And it is saying Skyrm MO 2.0.8 and the Skyrim installed mods are still there along with SKSE, etc. in the Run box. 

In other words, no matter what I choose, it still looks like I am hooked in to Skyrim and not SSE.

1. Any ideas what is happening and how to get this version of MO 2.0.8 to look like it is looking at the  fresh and clean SSE installation?

2. Why is MO 2.0.8 pointing at Skyrim, anyway, when it is not installed in Skyrim?

Also, I am still running MO 1.33 with Skyrim and it is working just fine.

The installation location of MO/MO2 has NO BEARING on how it manages your games.

You must have, at least once, run the game's launcher to correctly set all the game's registry settings. It is these settings that MO/MO2 uses to 'see' what games you have installed.

MO/MO2 could, and I would argue should, be installed somewhere completely removed from the game installation and it will recognise all games that have the correct registry settings.

Easiest steps here is to purge your system of MO2 again and run SSE from the launcher and then install MO2 somewhere in its own folder. I have all my MO related stuff in a simple folder structure on another drive, the extra drive isn't important, just that it is nowhere near my game installs.

When you run MO2 again, if the registry settings are there, you should be presented with an option choose which game to manage.

PS.

On another note the screenshot shows some mods installed directly into the game folder, those marked as "Unmanaged". While you can keep them there, since you are using a manager to mod your game, it makes more sense to install ALL mods via MO2 and then let it directly manage those mods.

Hi Grant,

It worked.

After purging MO2, starting SSE, and reinstalling MO 2.0.8 in a folder directly under "C" drive and pointing the MO2 directory to Portable.

I now get the correct path to SSE and a clean MO2 window.

1. Several guides suggest installing the Nexus Mod... Skyrim Special Edition Plug In For Mod Organizer Two. Is this necessary and what does it do?

Thank you.

Hi Grant,

Attached below is a screenshot of my current MO 2.0.8 window that is pointed to SSE.

Yes, it is a clean slate, but it is almost too clean. i think there is something missing.

On the left panel of the window under Mod Name, there is nothing showing the Main SSE file, nor the Update file, nor the 3 DLC addons.

And  in the right panel for Plugins, there is no checkbox for activating or deactivating them.

This is different from what I was expecting.

1. Is this correct, what I am seeing?

2. How does one get the check / uncheck boxes to appear?

3. and from the previous post.. Several guides suggest installing the Nexus Mod... Skyrim Special Edition Plug In For Mod Organizer Two. Is this necessary and what does it do?

Thank you.

post-10342-0-96103700-1491413993_thumb.png

Hi Grant,

Yes, it is MO 2.0.8.3b-6194.

1. Is there a different or newer version or better version?

2. Would there be any advantage to using MO 2.0.7, it looks like some people are having problems with LOOT and MO 2.0.8.3b?