Looking For A Mod....

TurtleClerck

Question

I would like to find a mod that simply changes the follower count in Skyrim. I have used AFT for a couple years but find that I never utilize any of it's other features anymore. With most of the popular follower mods using their own framework now it seems pointless to have all that other stuff weighing down my game. If someone knows of such a mod or can point me to the information to create one myself I would be greatly appreciative. Thanks

15 answers to this question

Hey Greg, thanks for your reply. I had actually run across that mod a couple weeks ago but I have not tried it out. I just downloaded it so I'll give it a try. To be honest I don't care about any of the features it has. I really just want a simple mod that only increases the number of followers I can have at one time. As few as just two would be great but four would be ideal. I use, for the most part, custom followers that have their own framework and leveling system so all that other stuff is just bloat that I don't need and only leads to potential problems and conflicts. If you know someone or somewhere I could find help  making what I want for myself please pass that along. Again thank you for your help. 

Actually that is Techangel but he is known to be acute in his observations, though rarely are his comments obtuse. Most of the time he is right.

I would so down vote you hard for that lol, alas tis' not to be.

@OP II remember there being one but this was before Ultimate Follower Overhaul and then the other major follower mods came along and I think it got abandoned or deleted it was what I used before EFF. I'll see if I can find it but might be a bit.

Actually that is Techangel but he is known to be acute in his observations, though rarely are his comments obtuse. Most of the time he is right.

iWKad22.jpg?fb

:no: ::D:

@OP

It doesn't look like it's as easy as a simple tweak. The PlayerFollowCount gets changed to "1" when a follower is active and it looks like it's just a simple "on/off" variable. I would have to deconstruct one of the follower mods to see how they're doing it, and then include just the increased follower portion into a mod. Probably wouldn't take too long.

I was looking for a way to do this a while back but never put the time into figuring it out. Most of the reason for that is because I tried EFF and found that I really liked it. Had played with AFT in the past and was looking for a lighter follower mod, in the exact same position as OP.

I believe it does use its own framework but I found its performance impact to be negligible and its features useful. Really enjoy in particular the widgets that can be displayed and toggled for your followers, though I do wish they were slightly better designed.

Anyway I imagine everyone is aware of EFF, just my two cents as I was in this exact position.

I don't use steam mods but thank you for the suggestion. 

I've subscribed to a Steam Workshop mod long enough to compress the file into an archive that Mod Organizer can read and had success. The Multiple Followers Lite mod sounds like a good fit for custom followers that don't benefit from AFT / EFF additional functionality, I'll have to try it myself.

I've subscribed to a Steam Workshop mod long enough to compress the file into an archive that Mod Organizer can read and had success. The Multiple Followers Lite mod sounds like a good fit for custom followers that don't benefit from AFT / EFF additional functionality, I'll have to try it myself.

Everything I've read has always said mixing Steam and nexus mods was a bad idea. I guess I just never looked into it to see if it was ok. 

You can also use a Steam Workshop Downloader.

This URL will download that Steam link.

Thanks Grant I'll check that out.