SFO ESPs and Book of Silence ESP

CacklingIdiot

Question

I have installed all  mods and the Skyrim Extended patch, and am just reviewing my progress for potential mistakes.

With Skyrim Floral Overhaul do I need the original .esp to be present and active in the list of plugins if I have already merged the Dragonborn addon? I accidentally deleted the original esp but SFO - Dragonborn.esp is present and active in the list of plugins.  Or am I supposed to have both esps installed and ticked but with SFO - Dragonborn.esp positioned after the original?

Edit: After checking the download page the description for the Dragonborn Addon states that it is not required in the latest versions of SFO. In this case perhaps I should just remove and reinstall the mod and leave out the addon?

When I launch LOOT I receive a warning for BetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.esp which was installed with the Even Better Quest Objectives mod. The message states that "This plugin requires 'aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp' to be installed, but it is missing". I have moved aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp into the top panel of "optional esps" as described in the final step of the detailed instructions for Book of Silence. Is this message safe to ignore or have I failed to follow the instructions correctly?

3 answers to this question

STEP does not use the Skyforge weapons addons. So I think you missed the file step on the Book of Silence page or incorrectly installed the EBQO patch for it.

As for the SFO - Dragonborn.esp, it can be positioned anywhere. It doesn't conflict nor depend on the main/original plugin. The line about the Dragonborn Addon not being needed are for the newer versions of SFO, which STEP does not install. You should install v1.87 with STEP. However, if you want the newest version you can install it and will not need the Dragonborn Addon. Be aware that it is more performance heavy than v1.87.