SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

So I just used the tool on my mods and... Well... I- uh, ran into some issues. The optimization stopped and gave me an error at one point, and it couldn't keep optimizing textures, so I terminated it. I noticed that the backup textures were held in the temp folder, but... Well, let's just say that I didn't know that folder would be deleted when I ran the optimizer again. So, I lost almost half of my original textures. I tried again, with the rest of my mods, and the issue came up again, but that is when I knew what was causing those errors.

I ran out of space on my hard drive. :dry:

What was worse is that some of the textures didn't optimize correctly because of the limited space, and came out as textures that were less that 1KB, and unreadable in a dds file viewer. Thankfully, after a few hours of searching, I found the corrupt textures... But man, was that a huge pain! I hope it was worth it, though, because almost half of my textures don't have backups anymore...

SO if I use that optimizer SirJ what settings should I tick for optimizing IW, the dxt fields?

Leave settings as-is.  Tick resize patterns 16x16 and if you want all to be 2k, tick resize down 2k or 1k or whatever you want.  Then go for it.

Welp, my Skyrim install has reached 111GB. Is anyone's install around the same size as mine?

Mine used to be at least that big, but I've trimmed it down to around 90 GB lately.

Welp, my Skyrim install has reached 111GB. Is anyone's install around the same size as mine?

LuL dont worry im worse off than you are...mine is 117 GB :/ lol its still a WIP but this is the dilema with instally full textures mods rather than overwriting them like in NMM

Edit: If I used SMC Im sure my folder size would decrease drastically, might be a fun experiment lol.

Edited by InstantKor

Leave settings as-is.  Tick resize patterns 16x16 and if you want all to be 2k, tick resize down 2k or 1k or whatever you want.  Then go for it.

Mine used to be at least that big, but I've trimmed it down to around 90 GB lately.

How does one actually "trim down" a skyrim mod organizer install, if I may ask?

Edited by MattsDaZombieSlayer

How does one actually "trim down" a skyrim mod organizer install, if I may ask?

well usually by removing mods  :^_^:

or when you do merge with mod that contains texture files that are big in size merge only the esps and leave texture files out of the merge so that you don't have duplicate files on the unchecked mod.

or don't keep the archives downloaded in Mod Organizer Downloads

well usually by removing mods  :^_^:

or when you do merge with mod that contains texture files that are big in size merge only the esps and leave texture files out of the merge so that you don't have duplicate files on the unchecked mod.

or don't keep the archives downloaded in Mod Organizer Downloads

Pretty much all that, yeah. lol.   ::):

Ohhhh, awhile ago I asked if anyone by chance knew why my MO was performing backups each time I installed a mod. Well I just figured out why. Well you see in the SS all of those Interesting NPCs are full backups of the mod size entirety so memory was getting bogged down cause of that, but also note the checkbox "Keep Backup" was on this whole, I dont when I ticked to be honest haha.

Capture_zps7p45qoqv.jpg

Edited by InstantKor

Hey so I was running the Ordinator Merge Patch and an error called "Not Enough Memory to Run Application" popped up while compiling scripts. But, after I pressed "okay" a few times, Merge Plugins stated that the patch was successful. Is this alright?

Edit: Wouldn'tcha know? I rebuilt the patch while firefox was closed and guess what??? No errors :)

Edited by MattsDaZombieSlayer