SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Sorry about making a ton of posts, but can you consider removing Immersive Weapons as well? I kind of rolled my eyes when I saw that it was mandatory for the conflict resolution. I heard the weapons were mostly buggy, ugly, and unimmersive, which is completely against the mod's main goal. Also, I think you guys already have a lot of great weapon mods already integrated into the guide. I wouldn't want to be bombarded with weapons to choose from, as IW includes more than 200 of them. It's definitely a quantity over quality mod that I can surely and gladly live without. If not, then I'll probably change the patch to delete the IW conflict resolutions and remove IW as a master.

I also am not a fan of how some of the weapons look, however the weapons in that mod do get displayed for the museum so it is an necessary evil lol. If I wmay what do you mean buggy? Also there is a fix for IW that a modder did to improve the appearance of some weapons, check it out!

I also am not a fan of how some of the weapons look, however the weapons in that mod do get displayed for the museum so it is an necessary evil lol. If I wmay what do you mean buggy? Also there is a fix for IW that a modder did to improve the appearance of some weapons, check it out!

I already know about this mod. The sad thing is, the mod replaces the meshed of immersive weapons with JS Swords, which we already have installed from the SRLE guide. The buggy thing is the dwemer rod, or whatever it's called. I remember reading in a post that the rod can freeze or crash your game. What's worse is that it's distributed into the leveled lists, so you could crash your game randomly just by having another NPC use it.

Ah yeah I can see that, guess the easiest way to prevent that crash is to remove that weapon from the leveled list entirely and smith it to obtain it.

I think we should still keep the mod though and from the LoTD page here is how IW is supported. "Patch provies a handful of unique item displays in the museum, renames all IW unenchanted copies of unique items to be labeled " Replica " and also adjusts placements of the mace of Aevar stonesinger and Chrysamere to be held by IW NPC's but to be the legacy version able to be displayed. Also adds displays in the main armory for all the material type weapons."

Ah yeah I can see that, guess the easiest way to prevent that crash is to remove that weapon from the leveled list entirely and smith it to obtain it.

I think we should still keep the mod though and from the LoTD page here is how IW is supported. "Patch provies a handful of unique item displays in the museum, renames all IW unenchanted copies of unique items to be labeled " Replica " and also adjusts placements of the mace of Aevar stonesinger and Chrysamere to be held by IW NPC's but to be the legacy version able to be displayed. Also adds displays in the main armory for all the material type weapons."

Maybe I could disable the rod in the MCM. It may have that feature. Also, do you think it would be wise to use the mod you suggested to me? It looks interesting but I don't want two of the same looking weapons scattered throughout the world... Maybe I could disable the "copy" weapons in the CCOR MCM as well. I'll see.

Edited by MattsDaZombieSlayer

Maybe I could disable the rod in the MCM. It may have that feature. Also, do you think it would be wise to use that mod you suggested to me? It looks interesting but I don't want two of the same looking weapons scattered throughout the world... Maybe I could disable the "copy" weapons in the CCOR MCM as well. I'll see.

I've never had the rod crash my game. Are you quite certain about that?

EDIT: After a bit of research I found that optimizing the texture for the rod fixes the issue.  Since I optimize all my textures, that is why I never had an issue with it.

Edited by sirjesto

I've never had the rod crash my game. Are you quite certain about that?

EDIT: After a bit of research I found that optimizing the texture for the rod fixes the issue.  Since I optimize all my textures, that is why I never had an issue with it.

Thanks for the suggestion!

BTW: How does one optimize ALL of their textures with ddsopt? Don't you have to optimize the .dds files first and then the _n.dds files? It must take a ton of time for you to do that...