SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

Oh I see! I didn't look at that closely enough!

Ugh. I think I better take a break. Three days of working on this is ... ugh.

Quick note ... ASIS also had Realistic Room Rentals as a master.

Never mind. I'm going to bed now.

Edited by rayhne

So i am looking to improve load times in changing areas ( im having like 20+ seconds with both skyim and mo on an ssd, even worse for gf without ssd) so im looking to improve that.

What mods would you recommend to disable to help improve load times the most? What hits load times the hardest? Any tricks besides disabling mods to imrpove load times?

The stripped was integrated into Legacy some time ago. All it did was just added the unique items from Morrowloot into Legacy without the need for the Morrowloot overhaul.

oh hang on if the stripped down version of morrowloot is integrated then we don't really need the MUS - Morrowloot Ultimate Simplified by Asator

Wouldn't it better to just put them in CR to save esp slot? Even though we are not maxing it, less esp is better I guess?

I could but the idea is the try and make things a bit more modular so people can deviate without having to fiddle about cleaning the CR.

I noticed that there is a patch in Your Own Thoughts for Campfire and was wondering if we should use it? It isn't listed in your instructions but it's not not listed either. If that makes sense. I've been working on this for three days now and am a bit punch drunk.

the Frostfall 3.1.1 patch also covers campfire

I just started using STEP for a first time after years of modding to see what I've been missing ;) I completed SRLE and now I've moved to this guide. I've been playing with MLU/MUS on my own modpack for quite some time and I was really surprised to see so many new weapon and armor mods added along MUS. Immersive Weapons, Heavy Armory, Dawnguard Arsenal, Faction Crossbows and so on - they, as far as I see, don't have compatibility patches and they kind of... completely break MUS balance. Like, really, what's the point of having Morrowloot with so many big armor/weapon packs without a patch? This really shocked me because you guys are really crazy about compatibility to the point of silly level of detail (which is AMAZING! RESPECT <3). So I was really surprised to see MUS alongside these mods without proper patches. Morrowloot is supposed to completely take over the loot system and adding any big weapon packs without patch completely breaks that system, in my opinion. Not trying to be smarta*s here but if I can add some suggestion I would say that you should go one way - either build the modpack around MUS (and add as many collectibles for LOTD as you can, as long as they are compatible with MUS) or the other way around; build modpack around LOTD with as many items as possible and forget completely about MUS. Right now it seems like trying to kill two birds with one stone. I just don't know what was even the reason to add MUS if it's not working properly. It seems like the whole point of this mod is completely broken.

Again, don't get me wrong - I'm extremely amazed by the quality of this guide and grateful from the bottom of my heart for the work you've done, I just don't understand this one decision :) I feel terribly bad that my first post here is about pointing out potential inconsistencies. As I said, a big THANK YOU for your work, I just wanted to discuss this one thing :)

So... if I wanted to install SRLE LOTD without armor and weapon mods that are incompatible with MUS, would it be possible to still use your CR Patch? I guess I would have to drop Immersive Weapons, Heavy Armory, Faction Crossbows and *maybe* Dawngaurd Arsenal (though I don't think that it would break the balance too much, it's rather smaller and limited to certain kind of items mod). Is it possible to remove dependencies for IW/HA/FC from this modpack? Or maybe it would be easier to just drop MUS from my load order?

I am always happy to hear constructive criticism that is how i make things better. Morrowloot was apart of my original SRLE Extended for quite some time before i ported over to this newer guide.

I must be honest I have not really thought to deeply on it. I do realize that there mods that require patches that mod author haven't created patches for and i haven't had the time or knowledge to deal with them myself. If you want to create any patches for my guide you feel would be of benefit then go ahead and let me know and I see if i can host them.

Immersive weapons was added because the user based wanted for the Dragonborn museum personally i have never really liked IW to much. I am more then happy to consider dropping morrowloot from the guide if it saves headace and hassle for all.

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 1

So i am looking to improve load times in changing areas ( im having like 20+ seconds with both skyim and mo on an ssd, even worse for gf without ssd) so im looking to improve that.

What mods would you recommend to disable to help improve load times the most? What hits load times the hardest? Any tricks besides disabling mods to imrpove load times?

Mostly textures I think, running vanilla skyrim with only a couple of mods like USLEEP gave me pretty quick load.

Then I tried activating my Skyrim Mod Combiner folder, it took 10 seconds to load just the SMC, if I enabled all just like my normal playthrough, sometimes it took to 1 minute to load. Depends on the usage of your computer.

oh hang on if the stripped down version of morrowloot is integrated then we don't really need the MUS - Morrowloot Ultimate Simplified by Asator

I could but the idea is the try and make things a bit more modular so people can deviate without having to fiddle about cleaning the CR.

Right right, modular sounds better though. You can merged the modular patches after all right? To make it into 1 just like the CR. I see no harm in it after looking at jdsmith's modular patches. Just need the proper order before merging them.

Mostly textures I think, running vanilla skyrim with only a couple of mods like USLEEP gave me pretty quick load.

Then I tried activating my Skyrim Mod Combiner folder, it took 10 seconds to load just the SMC, if I enabled all just like my normal playthrough, sometimes it took to 1 minute to load. Depends on the usage of your computer.

Right right, modular sounds better though. You can merged the modular patches after all right? To make it into 1 just like the CR. I see no harm in it after looking at jdsmith's modular patches. Just need the proper order before merging them.

i think he is referering to the loading times ingame not starting up skyrim. I use my full guide plus SMC now on my setup and NLA enb. Startup time is around 1 minute to the menu. If i use vanilla plus ENB it takes 3 secs. Loading times ingame is not 20secs... its around 2-3 secs for interiors and for exteriors around 6-8 secs. So there is something not properly setup in your game

I am always happy to hear constructive criticism that is how i make things better. Morrowloot was apart of my original SRLE Extended for quite some time before i ported over to this newer guide.

I must be honest I have not really thought to deeply on it. I do realize that there mods that require patches that mod author haven't created patches for and i haven't had the time or knowledge to deal with them myself. If you want to create any patches for my guide you feel would be of benefit then go ahead and let me know and I see if i can host them.

Immersive weapons was added because the user based wanted for the Dragonborn museum personally i have never really liked IW to much. I am more then happy to consider dropping morrowloot from the guide if it saves headace and hassle for all.

I understand situation about MUS patches, especially for big mods like IW and HA. I was following "potential" development of IW patch for MLU/MUS by both Chocolatenoodle and Asator and if I'm not mistaken (don't quote me on that) they both said somewhere in the comments that IW is extremely ambitious big mod that's hard to patch for MUS. Not only it requires a lot of time but also IW's leveled lists are apparently kind of messed up. Not mentioning that IW modifies some NPCs records by manually giving them correct weapon, which is another layer of required compatibility with other mods that modify NPCs (all together it sounds like A LOT of patching). Honestly, for the purpose of the guide it's easier to drop MUS than make patches for every weapon/armor mod out there. Frankly, MUS might be also kind of incompatible with More Interesting Loot, at least in my opinion. I don't know how MIL is changed by the presence of LOTD, however by default it introduces deleveled loot to the game. Technically that sounds like a thing that would work well with MUS but in the end it might be exactly opposite - even on lower drop chance settings you still have a chance to find daedric items early in your game if you're lucky. The chance is very low but it's there - it's kind of confusing when you open a boss chest in Bleak Falls Barrow with MUS installed and you find some daedric shield (happened to me once). It's not game breaking but still it's kind of breaking the philosophy and purpose of MUS.

Personally I decided that I will try to remove MUS from my game. Fortunately I decided that very early in the guide so I'm making a record of all the changes required for that to work. At the end I will try to remove MUS changes from CR NPC patch and I'll see if it works. If it does, then I will gladly share everything with you guys - what mods need to be reinstalled, what patches need to be removed/changed and so on. I think removing MUS would be good for players and you guys both. Less worrying about patches and compatibility + less confusion for players who finished the guide thinking that everything is now perfectly compatible, they play the game and suddenly they see high level items dropping even though they have MUS installed. I can imagine the confusion and fear that even though they followed the guide, they still might had installed something wrong :) Honestly, if Morrowloot Artifacts are really integrated into Legacy then there's probably zero need for MUS but as I said before - it's just a suggestion and more people should comment on that :) Also, removing MUS and updating the guide would require people who already started the game to remove their characters and start again since AFAIK there's no safe way of uninstalling MUS other than removing the save game (not sure about this one though - for sure it was the case for MLU on which MUS is based on).

i think he is referering to the loading times ingame not starting up skyrim. I use my full guide plus SMC now on my setup and NLA enb. Startup time is around 1 minute to the menu. If i use vanilla plus ENB it takes 3 secs. Loading times ingame is not 20secs... its around 2-3 secs for interiors and for exteriors around 6-8 secs. So there is something not properly setup in your game

Oh wrong interpretation. For loading times with minimal textures mod my loading times to interior is around 3 - 5 and exterior 6 - 8, with full textures interior 10 - 15 while exterior 20 - 25. Do note I'm not using ssd so I don't know how's the loading time on my pc with ssd, might be the same to Paul's if I use ssd.

Maybe textures and the vram cap could cause the load times to get longer?

Edited by reddvilzz

I understand situation about MUS patches, especially for big mods like IW and HA. I was following "potential" development of IW patch for MLU/MUS by both Chocolatenoodle and Asator and if I'm not mistaken (don't quote me on that) they both said somewhere in the comments that IW is extremely ambitious big mod that's hard to patch for MUS. Not only it requires a lot of time but also IW's leveled lists are apparently kind of messed up. Not mentioning that IW modifies some NPCs records by manually giving them correct weapon, which is another layer of required compatibility with other mods that modify NPCs (all together it sounds like A LOT of patching). Honestly, for the purpose of the guide it's easier to drop MUS than make patches for every weapon/armor mod out there. Frankly, MUS might be also kind of incompatible with More Interesting Loot, at least in my opinion. I don't know how MIL is changed by the presence of LOTD, however by default it introduces deleveled loot to the game. Technically that sounds like a thing that would work well with MUS but in the end it might be exactly opposite - even on lower drop chance settings you still have a chance to find daedric items early in your game if you're lucky. The chance is very low but it's there - it's kind of confusing when you open a boss chest in Bleak Falls Barrow with MUS installed and you find some daedric shield (happened to me once). It's not game breaking but still it's kind of breaking the philosophy and purpose of MUS.

Personally I decided that I will try to remove MUS from my game. Fortunately I decided that very early in the guide so I'm making a record of all the changes required for that to work. At the end I will try to remove MUS changes from CR NPC patch and I'll see if it works. If it does, then I will gladly share everything with you guys - what mods need to be reinstalled, what patches need to be removed/changed and so on. I think removing MUS would be good for players and you guys both. Less worrying about patches and compatibility + less confusion for players who finished the guide thinking that everything is now perfectly compatible, they play the game and suddenly they see high level items dropping even though they have MUS installed. I can imagine the confusion and fear that even though they followed the guide, they still might had installed something wrong :) Honestly, if Morrowloot Artifacts are really integrated into Legacy then there's probably zero need for MUS but as I said before - it's just a suggestion and more people should comment on that :) Also, removing MUS and updating the guide would require people who already started the game to remove their characters and start again since AFAIK there's no safe way of uninstalling MUS other than removing the save game (not sure about this one though - for sure it was the case for MLU on which MUS is based on).

yeah I hear what you are saying. I've never been one for considering mod philosophy I'm more it is a good mod i will enjoy playing with it and how big a pain will it be on conflicts.

But if the mod is basically broken in the current load order of my guide we might as well get rid of it free up some esp slots for other important things.

As for MUS removal the only mods the require it as a master is AAE Patches, LOTD Patches and option 2 of the NPC Retexture CR. (I am not 100% if option 1 of the NPC Retexture CR uses MUS cos i don't use that option personally).

Edited by Darth_mathias

As for MUS removal the only mods the require it as a master is AAE Patches, LOTD Patches and option 2 of the NPC Retexture CR. (I am not 100% if option 1 of the NPC Retexture CR uses MUS cos i don't use that option personally).

Option 1 also has MLU.esp as a master, unfortunately. There are also some other mods required to be reinstalled / removed for MUSless experience:

Assorted Equipment (don't install MLU patches)

Weapon and Armor Attributes 4.2 (don't install MLU patches)

Konahrik's Accoutrements (don't install MLU patches)

Dreadflopps Modular Leveled lists - SRLE Extended (don't install MLU patches)

Dreadflopps Modular Patches - SRLE Extended (remove completely since AFAIK all files require MLU)

+ the ones that you mentioned need reinstalling without MLU patches (AAE, LOTD). 

Oh wrong interpretation. For loading times with minimal textures mod my loading times to interior is around 3 - 5 and exterior 6 - 8, with full textures interior 10 - 15 while exterior 20 - 25. Do note I'm not using ssd so I don't know how's the loading time on my pc with ssd, might be the same to Paul's if I use ssd.

Maybe textures and the vram cap could cause the load times to get longer?

Right the ingame ones, and maybe its because im on windows 10 with the vram cap? Idk ill try disabling some textures then. Id imagine Noble Skyrim would be the big hitter?

Right the ingame ones, and maybe its because im on windows 10 with the vram cap? Idk ill try disabling some textures then. Id imagine Noble Skyrim would be the big hitter?

IDK why i couldnt edit my post but....so i have disabled Noble SKyrim and amwhatever Caves and Mines and still getting like 40 second load screens im not sure what else to try

Still cant edit my post....sorry for spamming.... Ok so i managed to get down to 20ish load screens but disable the "Save on" options (i know i was already supposed too but i liked them but i like fast load times more) I tried disabling the ENB and Noble Skyrim plus amwhatever Caves and Mines and it didnt really seem to help improve load times

What else can i try? SHould i try removing things like Frostfall, Campfires, and iNeed? i dont plan on using them as i suck too much at the game to make it harder lol hell i already had to completely disable WIldcat 

Fyi this testing has all been done inside Bleak Falls Barrow and the game runs perfectly fine outside of load times