SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

So far JK lite or maybe super lite is completely compatible in my test. Or you can ask Paul about it since I'm using his city overhauls recommendation.

Since you mentioning VRAM which is my problem with only 2GB. In game the readings are always around 1.9 - 2.0GB mostly, tried to reduce textures to 1K and just keeping 2K for mountains and such. What's the problem when you maxed out the VRAM limits?

Obviously I know it could cause stutter when swapping, but since I'm living with that 1.9 - 2.0GB while playing I don't really see any problem with it whatsoever.

I'm using about 3.3-3.5 with the full version of both Noble and Vivid landscapes with imingrasssize down to 70. 

I only like to add things to whiterun, it seems much too barren for the trade capital of skyrim. 

Edited by Thenatural

thanks!

EDIT: i used with SRLEx LOTD JK superlite plus dawn of skyrim (with patches from both for each other) no problems on performance.

also Winterhold Rebuild is a nice mod that i use with ETAC winterhold. (both patched)

Plus a merge of few small mod collection on expansions like docks, villages, inns, dungeons etc. These do not need too much CRing. I can't offer any support for these installations i just wanted to say it is possible.

I'm really looking for somehing specific to whiterun that I can just drop in a build. 

Well just that not every patch is made with ELE in mind, so if you copy a lot of records under 'CELL' into a new plugin and let that plugin load after ELE, there's usually some lighting changes from ELE that need to be carried over (but you could of course use your ele patches for that)

Ahhh I see.  Yeah, I load weather / lighting / sound mods at the bottom of my load order and patch them to everything else.  Thus all of the ele__ sos__ aos__ isc__ claralux__ etc patches.  Those are all in the bottom like.. 10 slots of my load order.

Updated/added the below patches that could be relevant to your installs based upon the most recent CRF update

aos__crf

claralux__crf

npcov3__crf

undeath__crf

Edited by jdsmith2816

I dropped in dawn of whiterun with zero issues. (For the person looking to drop in a city overhaul without patching)

Question. I have in my load order, the srle lotd conflict resolution, a modified srle extended CR with ONLY the edits affecting civil war overhaul, a Claralux CR, and a few of the newly added civil war overhaul CR files... can i merge all of those into a single esp and if so what order should i use other than alphabetical for the ones jd smith provided?

Edited by Hodegar

I dropped in dawn of whiterun with zero issues. (For the person looking to drop in a city overhaul without patching)

Question. I have in my load order, the srle lotd conflict resolution, a modified srle extended CR with ONLY the edits affecting civil war overhaul, a Claralux CR, and a few of the newly added civil war overhaul CR files... can i merge all of those into a single esp and if so what order should i use other than alphabetical for the ones jd smith provided?

If you don't mind me asking, where did you end up having it your load order? Just a bit curious as to where it should go with all of the fixes/merges/CR stuff with the default SRLE:LotD :D

Between YASH and Requiem why do you prefer Requiem Paul?

I know before JD used YASH unless he changed to Requiem now.

Edit: Also about the patches in reqtified guide, is there any chance the patches are needed on the current SRLE LotD?

Edited by reddvilzz

Between YASH and Requiem why do you prefer Requiem Paul?

Edit: Also about the patches in reqtified guide, is there any chance the patches are needed on the current SRLE LotD?

I have not looked at them but i don't see why we can't use some of them as Paul's and my guide does overlap in key areas.

in fact he's got some mods in his guide that I will be looking to adding to mine.

Edited by Darth_mathias

I have not looked at them but i don't see why we can't use some of them as Paul's and my guide does overlap in key areas.

in fact he's got some mods in his guide that I will be looking to adding to mine.

I was thinking the same, there are some mods that I liked from his guide. So many mods and yet limited on the engine itself.

What kind of overlap to be exact Darth? Can you give the example?

I put dawn of slytim after the aarthmoor village mods myself. Anyway what are your guys reccomended mcm settings for ASIS/OBIS with the guide as is??

I don't think we need to change anything on ASIS since we only use the perk fix for NPC, with OBIS I don't know but the default works fine unless you wanted more bandit then add the extra spawn to 1

Edited by reddvilzz

I have playthroughs currently with both overhauls.  YASH is really good if you want a 'vanilla the way it should have been from the beginning' type of experience.

While the author says it's basically compatible with everything his definition of compatibility and mine differ...  I find it pointless to load a mod into something without rebalancing it when the base balance for Steel weapons are the same as Daedric for instance.... While there are no true conflicts and the mod is compatible it feels off.  I've begun rebalancing some of my commonly used mods to a YASH setup but it's just so much work that I paused on it and just basically played vanilla with some quest mods added.

Someone that's less anal about things like that could play YASH and enjoy it with all the extra content no problem.

As for Requiem... it's Requiem.  Who does't love Requiem? ^.^

Never tried requiem but I'm sure i will love it like others do. After reading only the manual makes me eager to test it.

I agree with your definition of compatibility, overpowered weapons on an overhaul like that will make things broken. Well OCD on perfect game is something that is hard to resist, I felt that as well unfortunately and that makes us harder to play because of the tweaking and balancing.

But with all of this new guide, I don't know when to play lol. On my LotD I'm still testing the pack while adding more mods slowly one by one and now Requiem pack? I'm gonna need more play time than work please.

Edited by reddvilzz

Never tried requiem but I'm sure i will love it like others do. After reading only the manual makes me eager to test it.

I agree with your definition of compatibility, overpowered weapons on an overhaul like that will make things broken. Well OCD on perfect game is something that is hard to resist, I felt that as well unfortunately and that makes us harder to play because of the tweaking and balancing.

But with all of this new guide, I don't know when to play lol. On my LotD I'm still testing the pack while adding more mods slowly one by one and now Requiem pack? I'm gonna need more play time than work please.

The problem is generally the opposite;  YASH steel is roughly on the same level as vanilla Daedric so when you install a third party thing like Immersive WEapons for instance and the npc loads up with an IW daedric sword by the time you roll into late game he's essentially hitting you with the equivalent of a foam paddle...

Don't get me wrong, YASH is a GREAT experience and the stuff he's working on for the new version sounds really nice.  Unfortunately it seriously needs something like Requiems Reqtificator.

Regarding play time vs mod time... IDK what to say :D  Pick one guide and do a playthrough before switching.  Even if it's just 20-30 hours.