SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

OK, finished the mod load list and doing a second check list.

Came to the Legacy or the Dragonborn Patch Central, I noticed that we are installing "DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp" as well as

"DBM_HeavyArmory+IWIA_Patch.esp"

It is not that redundant?

Nope, they do two different things completely. Also, you must have DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp loaded before DBM_HeavyArmory+IWIA_Patch.esp or you will get errors.

Nope, they do two different things completely. Also, you must have DBM_IWIA_Patch.esp loaded before DBM_HeavyArmory+IWIA_Patch.esp or you will get errors.

I do not have the individual patches, I have installed following the load list "Version: 1.7 (Install the LOTD Patches Merged in the Miscellaneous section)"

This install has an unique .esp (LOTD Patches Merged.esp)  Hopping I am doing it correctly

Also noticed that the patch for Men of Winter it is not included in that merge. It is that OK?

Edited by richardo11

I do not have the individual patches, I have installed following the load list "Version: 1.7 (Install the LOTD Patches Merged in the Miscellaneous section)"

This install has an unique .esp (LOTD Patches Merged.esp)  Hopping I am doing it correctly

if you used everything from SRLE Extended LOTD guide then this is the patch you need. If you skipped mods then look in the guide for what patches you need to skip and do the merge yourself.

Yup I know, I made that file.   :^_^:

If you are using LOTD Patches Merged then you have nothing to worry about.

Also noticed that the patch for Men of Winter it is not included in that merge. It is that OK?

As for Men of Winter, I think it only covers one NPC. If MOW isn't in this guide you may want to add the patch if you use it. If MOW IS in this guide, then your NPC CR patch likely covers it.

Edited by sirjesto

Hey guys and gals. Little update, started new play through of the unstable version page(or under development), and the game is purring along nicely. Played approximately 10 hours before ctd...but then i had been really pushing the game. Really love the new land and environment landscape, and all seems beautiful in towns with sexy and authentic textures(suggested by Sirjesto on LOTD page awhile back). Only thing and its small is when swimming in lakes etc, underwater now appears bland...any texture replaces that might be suggested...to Darth, Paul and team thank you and great work

Berndaroy

Edited by berndaroy

Hey guys and gals. Little update, started new play through of the unstable version page(or under development), and the game is purring along nicely. Played approximately 10 hours before ctd...but then i had been really pushing the game. Really love the new land and environment landscape, and all seems beautiful in towns with sexy and authentic textures(suggested by Sirjesto on LOTD page awhile back). Only thing and its small is when swimming in lakes etc, underwater now appears bland...any texture replaces that might be suggested...to Darth, Paul and team thank you and great work

Berndaroy

Realistic Water Two

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/41076/?

further update on crashing northern part of world, Tried disabling sections of the install one at a time still havnt found the issue.  never seen a crash that blocks off half the game for me... going over install guide and integration guide with a fine toothed comb as well now.. looks like i havnt missed anything

If there is ANYTHING log or info wise i can share to help diagnose this issue please let me know. I am not computer litterate at all and have spent 3 weeks doing this install.  It looks amazing in the areas i can play you guys have done great work.  

Edited by Hodegar

further update on crashing northern part of world, Tried disabling sections of the install one at a time still havnt found the issue.  never seen a crash that blocks off half the game for me... going over install guide and integration guide with a fine toothed comb as well now.. looks like i havnt missed anything

If there is ANYTHING log or info wise i can share to help diagnose this issue please let me know. I am not computer litterate at all and have spent 3 weeks doing this install.  It looks amazing in the areas i can play you guys have done great work.  

What exactly does "Crashing in the Northern part of the world" mean? What locations are you crashing at? Specifics please.  Have you tried going to many locations or is it a specific location in the north?

There is no way anyone can help you with such a vague description of a problem.

Just this morning, I had a similar problem - coming near Whiterun caused a repeatable CTD.  However, Crash Fixes caught it and pointed me to a bad LOD mesh, which I discovered was actually missing.  Somehow, my DynDOLOD resources merge had vanished, along with all it's meshes and textures.   Rebuilding the merge and then DynDOLOD it fixed my problem.

I find it odd that Crash Fixes isn't catching anything.  Have you *ever* had Crash Fixes catch a CTD?  Do you have the latest version?  Have you set all the right options in the ini - most notably, UseOSAllocators=1 and RecordCrashInfo=1?  Keep in mind that silent CTDs are a norm when SKSE runs out of memory, or a SKSE dll is the source of the crash.

If I was in your shoes (and I have been, many times), I'd make sure CF is up to date, try to repeat the CTD, and see if it gave me a clue.  If still nada, then I;d go through the install guides with a fine-tooth comb, seeing if I missed anything, or have something out of date.   Finally, if still nothing, I would create a new profile in MO, reinstall everything according the the guide, and test that the build works after the full SRLE build, then again as I added stuff from this guide.

BTW, DynDOLOD's MCM meuu will give you up-to-date info on your position in the world, and what's loaded.  If you have a repeatable CTD at a location, then go into DynDOLOD MCM just before you get to that location, and note stuff down.  At the very least, that will give you (and anyone who wants to help you) a target location to reach in order to try to re-create the problem.

What exactly does "Crashing in the Northern part of the world" mean? What locations are you crashing at? Specifics please.  Have you tried going to many locations or is it a specific location in the north?

There is no way anyone can help you with such a vague description of a problem.

sorry. I posted locations in a post on page 210, prob should have quoted it but here is the section about where i crash.  " exact spots I crash when walking on foot are just past the farm north of rorikstead,  going cross country north from whiterun I crash by the bandit camp crossing the  river about 5 mins south of dragonsbridge.  Going from whiterun down road towards dawnstar crash shortly after entering dawnstar hold.  Cannot take carriage or fast travel succesfully to solitude, dawnstar, or morthal.  have sucessfully tested traveling to all other hold capitals without an issue."

to make best description if you open the world map and draw a straight line from just north of rorikstead to dawnstar, I crash when I cross that line heading north.  

Just this morning, I had a similar problem 

I find it odd that Crash Fixes isn't catching anything.  Have you *ever* had Crash Fixes catch a CTD?  Do you have the latest version?  Have you set all the right options in the ini - most notably, UseOSAllocators=1 and RecordCrashInfo=1?  Keep in mind that silent CTDs are a norm when SKSE runs out of memory, or a SKSE dll is the source of the crash.

If I was in your shoes (and I have been, many times), I'd make sure CF is up to date, try to repeat the CTD, and see if it gave me a clue.  If still nada, then I;d go through the install guides with a fine-tooth comb, seeing if I missed anything, or have something out of date.   Finally, if still nothing, I would create a new profile in MO, reinstall everything according the the guide, and test that the build works after the full SRLE build, then again as I added stuff from this guide.

BTW, DynDOLOD's MCM meuu will give you up-to-date info on your position in the world, and what's loaded.  If you have a repeatable CTD at a location, then go into DynDOLOD MCM just before you get to that location, and note stuff down.  At the very least, that will give you (and anyone who wants to help you) a target location to reach in order to try to re-create the problem.

Allocators is set to 1.  coudnt find a record crash info setting so entered it in th ini.  however I have had crash fixes notify me when a bad nif file caused a crash a couple weeks ago.   Testing the different profiles in MO, SLRE BASE is still working no problem, its just the extended LOTD profile causing the issues.  

Edited by Hodegar

sorry. I posted locations in a post on page 210, prob should have quoted it but here is the section about where i crash.  " exact spots I crash when walking on foot are just past the farm north of rorikstead,  going cross country north from whiterun I crash by the bandit camp crossing the  river about 5 mins south of dragonsbridge.  Going from whiterun down road towards dawnstar crash shortly after entering dawnstar hold.  Cannot take carriage or fast travel succesfully to solitude, dawnstar, or morthal.  have sucessfully tested traveling to all other hold capitals without an issue."

to make best description if you open the world map and draw a straight line from just north of rorikstead to dawnstar, I crash when I cross that line heading north.  

That's a very good description, thanks.

Do you have ANY other mods loaded besides what is listed in this guide? Specifically Location overhauls (ETaC), Village mods or major Landscape mods?

On the flip side, do you have any patches (CR or otherwise) that you may not have the masters or correct file versions of?

Edited by sirjesto

That's a very good description, thanks.

Do you have ANY other mods loaded besides what is listed in this guide? Specifically Location overhauls (ETaC), Village mods or major Landscape mods?

On the flip side, do you have any patches (CR or otherwise) that you may not have the masters or correct file versions of?

I had installed imaginator to tweak the enb colors, as well as organic enb instead of vividian, Dynavision to replace the fps eating enb DOF effects, and true wolves of skyrim texture replacer for wolves.. but deactivated all of them first to see if any of them were causing crash.  Everything else is letter to letter according to the sept.4 stable guide.  CR file is version 1.27. all other patches and mods are the version number called for in guide.  just relaunched game and screenshotted my dyndolod coordinates approx 4 steps away from where I crash on the north side of rorikstead.  they are as follows. x-84345.085938, y-21387.242188, z-5556.863281. cell -21.5  block-4.0 subblock -3.0.  then to verify entire portion of world inaccessable I ran towards dawnstar in a straight line.  I have stable game as long as I stay south of the imaginary line.  tried crossing it in several locations, instant crash with no message from crash fixes.  no missing masters are showing in MO either.