SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

So uh, I just tried downloading the new unofficial smim, elfx, enb patch and for some reason the "download with manager" button ends up spamming nxm link handler(or something like that) and causes my memory to overload, forcing me to restart my computer. This has never happened before so I'm wondering if it's just me or if others have encountered this issue or perhaps knows the cause?

uh... what?

Thats an interesting observation but its all good here.

OK guys/Ladies time for a little announcement as many of you are aware a few weeks ago my lovely Wife Lexy gave birth to our twin girls and they are a right handful I can tell you. Also a few days ago my boss called a somewhat unexpected meeting (but not totally unexpected to me) and announced he would be leaving the theatre I work at in October, since i am his deputy he has recommend me for a promotion. Now this means my already busy schedule will become even busier and I won't have as much time to look after things as much as i already do. So I have decided to take a little break from things. With that in mind I have pretty much handed things over to Paul he done a awesome job over the past 6 months to make sure I don't screw things up so badly I break everyone game. I have also now granted him access to the Nexus Page so can keep the CR up to date in my absence.

Never fear I am not gone for ever and I will be poking my head in when I can.

Edited by Darth_mathias
  • +1 2

Looking at things in xEdit, and came across some oddities with No Dragon LODs:

1.  Why do we have both 'No Dragon LODs v2 full.esp' and 'No Dragon LOD - SRLE Extended LOTD.esp'?  It looks like the SRLEX LOTD version overwrites some records in the base version, but not all.  Why not copy the base records into the SRLEX version, and free up a load slot?

2.  In dragons defined by ogDiverseDragons2.esp, additional VMAD data is added by 'ogDiverseDragons2 - Deadly Dragons Patch.esp' (from DDC2 Deadly Dragons Patch), but these VMAD values are not carried over into 'No Dragon LOD - SRLE Extended LOTD.esp'.  Why not?

3. 'No Dragon LODs v2 full.esp', 'No Dragon LOD - SRLE Extended LOTD.esp' and 'ogDiverseDragons2 - Deadly Dragons Patch.esp' are all pure patches with no new records, and so can be safely merged.  Why aren't they in the 'Animals Merged' merge?

4.  BTW, record 00009772 in Animals Merged.esp does not propagate the XLCN Location value from USLEEP (though SIC does), and my LOOT sorts Animals Merged last, so that data is lost.  This probably ought to be addressed in the Conflict Resolution.

The reason I noted all the above problems is that I was debugging an unexpected animal-related CTD in my (pretty pure) SRLEX LOTD build.  Specifically, when travelling along the main road just south of Morthal, I run across a couple of Frostbite Spiders on the road - and get a repeatable CTD as soon as they enter combat with me (e.g. spitting).   Has anyone else had a problem like this?  Any suggestions as to where to start looking?

Edited by GalenZ