SRLE Extended: Legacy of The Dragonborn

After getting Access Violation Error on the Merge Plugins now I've lost the merge.json all of my Merge List is gone. Is there anyway to recover this? or the only way is just to do all of the merges manually?

Not here [emoji14]

3a2IMvb.png

Why are we still worried about strings?

This was fixed in Crashfixes V10 and is no longer an issue. Im surprised that summerset hasnt been included.

As for the others here, I dont think there would be an issue but one I'd look at closely would be Rigmor as it is quite large and I don't know what it actually touches.

What about scripts though? One thing I'm afraid of tbh

Edited by reddvilzz

Wow. The LotD rewards are completely ridiculous. On the one had we have Morrowloot, room rental, you hunger, trade and barter, etc cutting back on the monty haul treasure-fest, and then LoTD dropping infinite charged, highly damaging weapons

Right ? the first hammer makes you have infinite stamina rofl.

Yes, that's what I was remembering. Looking at the documentation it makes all vendors and Quest giver NPCs essentials.

On the other hand, Essentials Are Protected (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78110/?) that was suggested previously seems to work the other way around. It makes all the already essential NPCs only protected so the player can kill them.

Yeah, I realised that last night when I 1-shot Maiq the Liar :P  I'll try out the DD MCM setting.

Renaming shouldn't be an issue for script fragments but the SEQ is minor and can be easily regenerated.

Facegen, voice, LODGen Billboards, translations, and possibly others are affected by changing the esp name.

Does ReLinker now fix all these issues?

Caranthir Tower Reborn?  Have this in my build already, just won't recruit Inigo until a patch comes out :)

Clockwork?  Got it installed in a seperate 'dark fantasy only' build to keep script load down on this build

Summerset Isles? Had it installed, removed it as my script latency overall was too high so several large mods had to go.

Wyrmstooth?  Got this installed with all the necessary patches and tweaks

Vilja?  Had it installed, liked the idea of it (interplay with Inigo, etc) but Darth convinced me to get rid of her. Didn't like the 'sit on my knee' thing but seeing as you're asking about OSEX as well you probably will

Arissa? Got this installed

Rigmor of Bruma? Got this installed and working well

If you're sensible with what you pick you can ramp this build up from it's already monumental scale.  I currently have around 450 esps merged down to 252 at present.  A lot of them are just compatability patches, weapons and armors, but I have a load of new locations, quests, expansions, new worlds and gameplay mods too.  It has taken me four months to get it stable and playable, and to get script latency to an acceptable level, but it is now pretty solid.  Check out my modwat.ch if you want an idea of what's in there.  I can link to a list of the merge contents as well if you're interested.

Yeah, I realised that last night when I 1-shot Maiq the Liar :P  I'll try out the DD MCM setting.

Does ReLinker now fix all these issues?

If you're sensible with what you pick you can ramp this build up from it's already monumental scale.  I currently have around 450 esps merged down to 252 at present.  A lot of them are just compatability patches, weapons and armors, but I have a load of new locations, quests, expansions, new worlds and gameplay mods too.  It has taken me four months to get it stable and playable, and to get script latency to an acceptable level, but it is now pretty solid.  Check out my modwat.ch if you want an idea of what's in there.  I can link to a list of the merge contents as well if you're interested.

Yes, please!  I love building on other people's hard work, rather than re-inventing the wheel - especially when mods have unexpected script interactions, and just plain old script load.

Ordinator merge - I've just remembered why this wasn't an issue for me.  I have left it named Ordinator Merged.esp and edited the master names in the headers of any other plugin that requires Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp as a master.  As the main plugin is always first in the merge and therefore doesn't have any renumbering this is perfectly OK to do.  Like I have said before, renaming merged esps is never a good idea.  Which makes me wonder if we need to look at the RS Children merge and any others the guide(s) instruct to rename post merge?

Your load order sounds a lot like mine.  :cool:

https://pastebin.com/8egSVRPp

Anna's NPCs?   This seems like a nice set of quests and NPCs to add, like Interesting NPCs but smaller.

I'm using Anna NPCs (and KFollowers and Companions and Followers, along with the obligatory Interesting NPCs and Inconsequential NPCs) in my current playthrough.  I've had a hiccup with one of Anna NPCs characters (Mareen in Dawnstar Windpeak Inn).  I've got a quest marker to talk to her, but when I try to do so, there is no dialogue.  This is my first time using Anna NPCs, and from the research I've done, this may not be a bug.  I may not have completed some necessary prerequisites for the dialogue for her quest to progress.  Other than that everything seems to be operating as it should.

nope..Just finished the ebony mail quest as I'm obsessed by the sound effect that I hear everytime an enemy is near and wanted to see if it's the same sound that makes the ebony mail...so I wanted to craft some ebony gear at Lakeview manor :D..

Finally found where the effect came from..it was from the warrior standing stone that I chose near Riverwood.

Ordinator merge - I've just remembered why this wasn't an issue for me.  I have left it named Ordinator Merged.esp and edited the master names in the headers of any other plugin that requires Ordinator - Perks of Skyrim.esp as a master.  As the main plugin is always first in the merge and therefore doesn't have any renumbering this is perfectly OK to do.  Like I have said before, renaming merged esps is never a good idea.  Which makes me wonder if we need to look at the RS Children merge and any others the guide(s) instruct to rename post merge?

Re: Ordinator Merge: editing headers in esps?  Doable (I've done it, mostly for ELE variants), but definitely error prone, especially when new versions come out.  Certainly not something I would ever recommend in a build guide.

Re: renaming the ESP for RSChildren: This is a holdover from SRLE, which I think is unnecessary, as I know of nothing that uses 'RSChildren_CompleteUSKP.esp' as a master - everything uses RSchildren.esm, as they should.  It's also benign, since the merge is basically a merge of patches, with no scripts or textures or meshes or SEQ files that depend of the esp name, so it totally doesn't matter if you rename the resulting esp or not.  I think the only reason that SRLE renamed the merge was so that save files that used the 'Complete' patch wouldn't complain about a missing esp when it got merged into something else in the middle of a playthrough.  I'm pretty sure the rename of the merge is purely a holdover based on 'we've always done it that way', and there's no longer any reason to keep doing it.