Skyrim Remastered =D

Thank you Greg =) 

I'm with you on all fronts. I can see the good that could come from it I just really hope things pan out. I started this channel initially as a distraction and it turned into me dedicating my life not only to it but to the community for over two years. It's crazy how you "fall" into the community, how many good people are involved in it and how many real life "digital" relationships you develop because of it. I constantly step back and tell myself "its just a game" lol but really... it's not even about the games it turns into being about the people who are about the game..

@Oeolycos ... Mod Organizer 2 and future 64bit version are doing away with BSA extraction (the "Have MO manage archives option). It actually caused some issues with specific tools even in the original Mod Organizer but is proven difficult if not impossible to do for Tannin regarding MO2 with how the new games are laid out. I don't personally know all that is going on with it but that's pretty much the sum of things. I personally don't see this as being a bad thing just an adjustment. The major perk to me in using MO is being able to see all of the conflicts between mods and then the ease of asset load order (left pane) to plugin load order (right pane). If those are still working and 3rd party utilities can still be launched from MO I'm a happy guy. The rest can be worked around. .. just my opinion.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please clarify your statement regarding BSA extraction? Have I missed something and this process has been changed with relation to MO and SR:LE (or in general)? Cheers!

I believe what @Nebulous112 meant to refer to was: BSA management. MO v2 has dropped the entire BSA management feature so that the order they are used by the game is based on the order of the plugin that calls them. This also means we will need to re-enable the so-called 'dummy' plugins such as those for the HRDLC.

EDIT:

Ninja'd by @GamerPoets

Ahh... thanks GrantSP and GamerPoets, I was unaware of the existence of MO v2. I just switched to MO from WryeBash last week and it seems I am already behind-the-times again  ::O:! Cheers

If you are only concerned with modding Skyrim then I suggest you stay with MO 1.3.11 for the time being. MO v2 is in active beta development and users that install it are asked to participate in bugfixes and error-reporting. If those tasks are not what you want to do then let it mature before migrating to that version.

If you are only concerned with modding Skyrim then I suggest you stay with MO 1.3.11 for the time being. MO v2 is in active beta development and users that install it are asked to participate in bugfixes and error-reporting. If those tasks are not what you want to do then let it mature before migrating to that version.

Yeah I think I'll stick with v1.x for now. I enjoy beta-testing but have my hands full ATM. Thanks for the info!

• 3 months later...