Fallout Not working - Troubleshooting

mcshame

Question

:( Guess it wasn't going to be so easy....

Completed the guide, ran FOSE and got the "Windows has stopped working" error message.  So far I have done the following.

Selected profile Core fixes and base UI, works perfectly.

When I did my build, I followed all instructions but didn't put 20th century weapons.  I couldn't put in the The Wasteland Patch Collection STEP patch because it used 20th century... so I selected the loose ones in the installer

In the Mod Changes to Support MMM, I did (or didn't do) the following:

DCInteriors Project - I installed the MMM_DCinteriors Patch as instructed

Fallout 3 Redesigned - Formerly Project Beauty HD - I DID NOT install the Blackended patch here but in the patch section later on I installed the
Blackened FWE - MMM - EVE - Project Beauty patch

FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition - installed as specified
Breezes FO3 Males, MMM must be installed before this - not used
Glowing Ghouls - FO3 - Hadd used the MMM one

The reason I mention this is I noticed in the batch patch creation, the Project Beauty deselected mods were not the same as mine. I have:

schematics2.esp
project Beauty-Point Lookout.esp
project Beaty-Broken Steel.esp

Guide said:

Project Beauty - Point Lookout.esp and
if MMM is used, Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

I don't have Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp anywhere in my plug-ins. 

the only place I see it is in Fallout 3 Redesigned - Formerly Project Beauty HD deactivated, plugins look like this:

Optional ESPs:

FOOK - DIK - Project Beauty.esp

FOOK2 - Project Beauty.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

Project Beauty - Fallout Character Overhaul.esp

Active ESPs:

Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp

Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

Project Beauty.esm

This is exactly the way they came in when I loaded the mod (reloaded just to make sure).  Should have any more activated?  I do have the merged patch

Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty.esp later in my load order

The only other deviation I can think off is I merged the TWPC plugins as suggested in the guide.  In troubleshooting, I built a bashed patch with them merge and without them merged and loot sorted them accordingly.  Both scenarios gave the same result.

When I built the bashed patch, I followed the instructions without changing the default Locked time (it was selected).  After reading the instructions again, I deselected it and sorted by load order.  That is my current setting in Wrye Flash.

I have no warning for missing plugins.

Appreciate any help and guidance how to troubleshoot and let me know what I need to provide.  I'm not sure how to output my Mod load order and Plugin order but I'll try to figure that out.

4 answers to this question

Here's a clip of the FOSE.log, there is a "reported as incompatible during query" for a NVAC - New Vagas Anti Crash

FOSE runtime: initialize (version = 1.3.2 01070030 01D1743920A1C8E3)

imagebase = 00400000
fallout root = D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\
config path = D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\fose_config.ini
plugin directory = D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\Plugins\
checking plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\Plugins\\nvac.dll
plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\Plugins\\nvac.dll (00000001 NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash 07020100) reported as incompatible during query
checking plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\Plugins\\sr_Fallout_Stutter_Remover.dll
unknown QueryInterface 00000000
plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\Plugins\\sr_Fallout_Stutter_Remover.dll (00000001 sr_Fallout_Stutter_Remover 00004124) loaded correctly
checking plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\Plugins\\ui_organizer.dll
plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\Plugins\\ui_organizer.dll (00000001 UI Organizer Plugin 01020020) loaded correctly
checking plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\Plugins\\nvac.dll
plugin D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Fallout 3 goty\Data\FOSE\Plugins\\nvac.dll (00000001 NVAC - New Vegas Anti Crash 07020100) reported
as incompatible during query

And the nvac.log

01230807 _ NewVegasAntiCrash Fallout3.exe

01230807 _ 0BD20000 07020100 nvac.dll
01230807 ! UNSUPPOR TED_EXE_ Fallout3.exe
01230808 ! UNSUPPOR TED_EXE_ Fallout3.exe
01230814 h 0062B572 8B4481FC Fallout3.exe
01230814 h 0062B576 8B40383B Fallout3.exe
01230814 h 00501CC2 8B417085 Fallout3.exe
01230814 h 00501CDD 8B413CC3 Fallout3.exe
Edited by mcshame

hmmm, deactivated all the optimized textures mods that I created, game loaded fine! then turn on each one to see which one will crash it, got to the end with all of them on, no crash! Defies logic.  Anyway, I headed outside and it looks beautiful. Then got killed by 2 creatures waiting for me.  Still need to config it but not tonight, more evaluation tomorrow. 

Whenever I find I have a problem with setting this modlist up, it's almost always the Fallout Stutter Remover.  I've only managed to get that thing installed ONCE and not have it be the mod that won't even let the game start up.  Disable it and see if that fixes your problem.  

:( Guess it wasn't going to be so easy....

Completed the guide, ran FOSE and got the "Windows has stopped working" error message.  So far I have done the following.

Selected profile Core fixes and base UI, works perfectly.

When I did my build, I followed all instructions but didn't put 20th century weapons.  I couldn't put in the The Wasteland Patch Collection STEP patch because it used 20th century... so I selected the loose ones in the installer

The 20th Century Weapons aren't critical. They are included for those who like a lot of weapon choices or have some favorite weapons that are not included in other mods.

In the Mod Changes to Support MMM, I did (or didn't do) the following:

DCInteriors Project - I installed the MMM_DCinteriors Patch as instructed

Fallout 3 Redesigned - Formerly Project Beauty HD - I DID NOT install the Blackended patch here but in the patch section later on I installed the
Blackened FWE - MMM - EVE - Project Beauty patch
The wording will be changed so it is clearer that this is installed later.
FWE - FO3 Wanderers Edition - installed as specified
Breezes FO3 Males, MMM must be installed before this - not used
Glowing Ghouls - FO3 - Hadd used the MMM one

The reason I mention this is I noticed in the batch patch creation, the Project Beauty deselected mods were not the same as mine. I have:

schematics2.esp
project Beauty-Point Lookout.esp
project Beaty-Broken Steel.esp

Guide said:

Project Beauty - Point Lookout.esp and
if MMM is used, Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

The instructions in the guide changed on March 9 to using the merged Project Beauty plugin which includes all the DLCs so these individual DLC plugins aren't used.

The Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp plugin isn't needed at all; the Blackened patches handle this.

I don't have a NoMerge tag on schematics.esp. Where did this come from?

I don't have Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp anywhere in my plug-ins. 

The Bashed Patch section of the guide will be updated.

the only place I see it is in Fallout 3 Redesigned - Formerly Project Beauty HD deactivated, plugins look like this:

Optional ESPs:

FOOK - DIK - Project Beauty.esp

FOOK2 - Project Beauty.esp

Mart's Mutant Mod - Project Beauty.esp

Project Beauty - Fallout Character Overhaul.esp

Active ESPs:

Project Beauty- Broken Steel.esp

Project Beauty- Point Lookout.esp

Project Beauty.esm

No. Use the merged esm as per the more recent guide instructions.

This is exactly the way they came in when I loaded the mod (reloaded just to make sure).  Should have any more activated?  I do have the merged patch

Blackened FWE + MMM + EVE + Project Beauty.esp later in my load order

Correct.

The only other deviation I can think off is I merged the TWPC plugins as suggested in the guide.  In troubleshooting, I built a bashed patch with them merge and without them merged and loot sorted them accordingly.  Both scenarios gave the same result.

They don't provide the same result on my system. The bashed patch will undo some of what they change if you look in FO3Edit. There are always issues with any large patch on whether the whole patch should be used, along with all the equired mods, or whether to make a customized version.

When I built the bashed patch, I followed the instructions without changing the default Locked time (it was selected).  After reading the instructions again, I deselected it and sorted by load order.  That is my current setting in Wrye Flash.

It should already use the load order in MO, but you change this as desired if you unlock the times.

I have no warning for missing plugins.

Appreciate any help and guidance how to troubleshoot and let me know what I need to provide.  I'm not sure how to output my Mod load order and Plugin order but I'll try to figure that out.

They are available in the loadorder.txt and modlist.txt in each MO profile folder.