ATI drivers issue.

PaperSalad

Question

14 answers to this question

You don't want to force Vsync through drivers in Skyrim. Just use the standard Vsync provided and disable mouse acceleration to get rid of the mouse lag.

i.e., set CCC to force vsync (and optionally triple buffering) if you are not already using CrossfireX (which should force this regardless).

You don't want to force Vsync through drivers in Skyrim. Just use the standard Vsync provided and disable mouse acceleration to get rid of the mouse lag.

i.e., set CCC to force vsync (and optionally triple buffering) if you are not already using CrossfireX (which should force this regardless).
I think that's the opposite of what Besidilo said.

Ahh, you are correct ...

In that case, I have to disagree that there is any problem with forcing vsync through the drivers. I agree with Mothergoose on this one, as I have ATI and can verify that tearing is fixed by doing this.

Is there a "standard vsync" provided by the game engine? If so, I am not aware of it ...

Ahh, you are correct ...

In that case, I have to disagree that there is any problem with forcing vsync through the drivers. I agree with Mothergoose on this one, as I have ATI and can verify that tearing is fixed by doing this.

Is there a "standard vsync" provided by the game engine? If so, I am not aware of it ...

I can't remember the name, but there's a value for Vsync in one of the INIs.

iPresentInterval=1

That forces the in-game vertical synchronisation on.

I think it was on this forum where I found out about issues when V-sync is disable in Skyrim.ini and other issues related to timescale and such. There was a big discussion thread on Bethesda forums IIRC, but it was a while since the last time I wandered there.

iPresentInterval=1

That forces the in-game vertical synchronisation on.

I think it was on this forum where I found out about issues when V-sync is disable in Skyrim.ini and other issues related to timescale and such. There was a big discussion thread on Bethesda forums IIRC, but it was a while since the last time I wandered there.

OK, I'll see if I get any patterns as I continue testing. thanks

This is the problem I was talking about in the post'Trouble with the sky' except It didn't start happening untill I got a new CPU and MB. I switched from AMD to Intel then this problem started. I'll check out the v-sync first then maybe I'll role back the drivers for my 7870. Thanks guys. Happy days are here again!

I for a fact Know this has nothing to do with Vsync or the game it is the ATI drivers. Anything above 12.8 you get the crazy tearing across the sky. This is a knowen issue and is being talked about on the AMD forums and the AMD devs are working on the fix for the next driver version