Why did you guys choose XP32 over XPMSE3?

uncleseano

Question

I found that the MCM was great for setting up the different Styles, is XPMSE3 Compatible with STEP Extended?

EDIT: Just so I don't make another thread can someone explain to me also what does the -forcesteamloader argument do in M.O?

I've seen it mentioned a few times but I can't figure out what it does

Edited by uncleseano

7 answers to this question

Ok thanks for the heads up on XPMSE. Do ya think it would be ok to replace mid save? XP32 doesn't have an .esp.

As for forcesteamloader, I'm guessing a bunch of pirates are loving that lil tweak. I threw it into the M.O argument section for SKSE for the craic but I could still use the steam overlay and get achievements etc. Guess I did something wrong.

Getting back to XP Skellington (har har), which one are you using?

I'll give a test out so. Will have to go back to my 'man cave' and strip down to the waist and make a name hard save so I can fall back if it goes wonky.

Removing mods is generally a bad idea but it can be ok if done properly. XPS doesn't even have a .esp so upgrading to XPMSE should be fine.

Regardless I want to install Elephant latency checker (I use immersive horses over convenient horses) so I can do some proper testing with the papyrus enabled and perf monitor doing it's thing.

Yes It's all sorted. It's a much better set up, being able to easily change between the different styles in the MCM is amazing.

Plop a knife on your ankle? Sure why not.

Jump between frostfalls quiver or vanilla? Go for it

Choose which sword goes on which side (or back) done.

Very handy, I did notice at the beginning my load/save times increased, not by much and seems to have 'calmed down' if that makes any sense but it feels worth it..

One small issue,  taking a shield and sword off the back works fine but when I go to sheath them the sword it placed back normally on the hip and then magically teleports to the back.