merging esms with esps

I assume you are merging using Renumber Conflicting and then for record copying you are using the Override method, right?

So what exactly the problem is?

When merging the moonpath.esm + moonpath_quests.esp (in general I am very much against of merging together esms and esps) you have FormIDs renumbered and the ones that are renumbered are conflicting with the non-renumbered ones from your patches? 

Why don't you then merge all into one file and then esmify it?

This way whatever FormID get's renumbered that is referenced to the patch then the patch's FormID will get renumbered as well.

Also do not forget that if the supplementary plugins (i.e. patches or the quest. esp) contain navmeshes then you need to delete the NAVI record form you merged esp nad regenerate it in CK.

I do not know what's inside moonpath.esm or the other plugins you mention as I am not using this mod but it looks to me that what you are trying to accomplish may lead you into heavy troubles.

Why don't you consider leaving the esm intact (always a great idea) and then merge the rest together as a separate esp?

Edited by Astakos
Using Moonpath to Elsweyr as an example:

moonpath.esm + moonpath_quests.esp = new moonpath.esm

dialog fix patch + dead mans drink clean fix + rrr fix + forwarding patch = new moonpath_patches.esp

I've merged this..without the esm file...everything was ok..

Seems I forgot to add the deam man's drink fix...so I have to redo the merge

LE: Merged quest+rrr+typo+dead...everything seems to be in order

Edited by mavanaic

I am aware that just combining the ESPs is not an issue. I am simply stating that if you attempt to merge with an ESM, the utility will always set everything to new FormIds, even if there isn't a single conflict.

I think if you try o merge that esm file you will have to rebuild the navmesh in ck..i don't remember..but if you're looking to win some plugin slots maybe these will help you:

[spoiler=Here are more merges that I use:]merge1 (FixesEtc)

DragonShoutVoice.esp

JiubQuestMarkers.esp

SPTConsistentOlderPeople.esp

Appropriately Attired Jarls Redux.esp

BarenziahQuestMarkers.esp

Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp

KrittaKitty_horses_uniqueFrost.esp

draugrEnglish.esp

TTR_Oghma_Infinium_A_Training_Station.esp

ViewableFactionRanksBothDLC.esp

TimingIsEverything.esp

Thieves Guild Requirements.esp

Lock Overhaul.esp

Nausicaa's Tweaker.esp

merge2(LandscapeEnvironment.esp)

Chesko_Step418_SN.esp

high hrothgar overhaul.esp

HoldBorderBanners.esp

PilgrimsDelight.esp

SkyrimImprovedPuddles-DG-HF-DB.esp

Gildergreen Regrown.esp

Understone Keep Repair.esp

MoonGlow.esp

Footprints.esp

BFSEffects.esp

Moss Rocks - Legendary.esp

AshRocks.esp

SulfurRocks.esp

merge3(WeaponsArmors)

NightingaleArrows.esp

dawnguardruneweaponsfxsreplacer.esp

BlockSparkles.esp

Faction Crossbows.esp

ElementalFuryFix.esp

Mage Outfit Texture Overhaul.esp

Light_Elven_Armor-Merged.esp

Daedric Reaper Armor.esp

Merta Assassin Armor.esp

RougeArmorHD.esp

Northgirl.esp

Tembtra Thief Armor.esp

InsanityEbonySword.esp

Ghosu - Weapon Pack 1.esp

AncientTonguesGreatSword.esp

AncientTonguesSword.esp

Contractor Armor.esp

Mavari Armor.esp

LustmordVampireArmor.esp

EC Clothes.esp

zzArmormashups.esp

NoldorArmor.esp

El_WayfarersCoat.esp

ArmorOfIntrigue.esp

ESO Nord Armor by NewerMind43.esp

ESO Daedric Armor by NewerMind43.esp

ESO Altmer Armor by NewrMind43.esp

Insanity's Steel Shortsword.esp

ESO Breton Knight by NewrMind43.esp

TheLily.esp

merge5(HudExtUI)

AHZmoreHUD.esp

iHUD.esp

Extended UI.esp

AMatterOfTime.esp

SleepMenuExtender.esp

[spoiler=..and some small merges]ELFX - DLC.esp(ELFX - Dawnguard.esp,ELFX - Dragonborn.esp) exteriors could be added too if merge is named ELFX – Exteriors because of dependencies

Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp(Immersive Sounds - Compendium.esp, ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp, ISCompendium CCO Patch.esp, ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp)

High Level Enemies - SIC.esp(High Level Enemies - SIC.esp,High Level Enemies - SIC Falskaar.esp)

OBIS.esp(OBIS.esp,OBISDB.esp)

Book Covers Skyrim.esp(Book Covers Skyrim.esp,Book Covers Skyrim - Lost Library.esp)

moonpath_questdata.esp(moonpath_questdata.esp, TreaclemanMoonpathPatch.esp, Moonpath_StartupDelayed.esp, Moonpath-RRR Patch.esp)

hearthfireextended.esp( hearthfireextended.esp,HFE-iNeed-Patch.esp)

InteractiveWashBasinsCOMPLETE.esp(InteractiveWashBasinsCOMPLETE.esp,InteractiveWashBasinsAllHFHomes.esp)

Beyond Reach - Patches.esp(Beyond Reach - Notice Board.esp,Beyond Reach - Notice Board Main Quest Start.esp,Beyond Reach - Shields and Cloaks.esp,Beyond Reach - Skyrim Border Tweak.esp,Beyond Reach - TES5Edit Error fixes.esp,Beyond Reach - Typo Fixes.esp)

DSAMG - Greybeard Fix.esp(DSAMG - Miraak Music Fixes.esp, DSAMG - Greybeard Fix.esp)

Combat Evolved merged.esp(Combat Evolved - Core.esp,Combat Evolved - Damage.esp,Combat Evolved - Magic and Spells.esp)

Convenient Horses.esp(Convenient Horses.esp,ORM-Arvak.esp,ORM Convenient Alsvid.esp)

Skytest Patches.esp(SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dawnguard.esp,SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators-Dragonborn.esp, Skytest Immersive Creatures.esp, Skytest USKP.esp)

UniqueBorderGates Merged.esp(UniqueBorderGates-All.esp, UniqueBorderGates-All-BetterDGEntrance.esp, UniqueBorderGates-All-PointTheWay.esp)

Hunterborn.esp(Hunterborn.esp, Hunterborn Campfire Patch.esp, Hunterborn-Skytest Patch.esp, Hunterborn_WearableLantern-Patch.esp)

YOT - Merged.esp(YOT - Your Own Thoughts.esp, YOT - Better Vampires.esp, YOT - Frostfall Module 3.0.esp)

Bathing in Skyrim Merged.esp(Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp,Bathing In Skyrim - Followers Only.esp, Bathing in Skyrim - Hunterborn.esp,Bathing in Skyrim - Interactive Wash Basins.esp,Bathing in Skyrim - Realistic Room Rental.esp.CACO_Bathing in Skyrim.esp)

Well, here it goes..I'm using a custom merged version of UNO (Ultimate NPC Overhaul+1% of Inhabitants of Skyrim)..which has a lot of dependencies (ApachiiHair.esm+females,males,LovelyHairstyles,SGHairpack,KShairdos,EyesOfBeauty)...So I'm 99% sure about this.. but I want to be 100%..so:

1.remove ONLY the master dependency from UNO with TES5edit

2.merging all the Hair, Eyes, Beards, Brows, Scars, Tattoos, Warpaints plugins into one

Will I need to do any more steps?..if so..please say...or forever hold your peace :D

Alternatively, you can merge UNO with his masters. That way you won't have any possible problems with renumbering IDs.

yeah..but I wanted to merge UNO's masters with the other hair/eyes/scars/..mods and setting the new merge as master for UNO..

All of the NPCs UNO edits are already present in the game if I'm not mistaken (it doesn't add any new one). So oyu can :

1) Merge UNO With all of its masters

2) Copy all of the NPCs records into a new plugin

3) Delete all the NPCs records from the original merge

This way you'll have a plugin with everything but the NPCs changes, and and other one with just the NPCs changes. Not 100% of the reason why you would do this, but since it look lie this is what you're trying to do.