Question

System Specs:

Intel Core i7-4700MQ @ 2.40 GHz

16.0 GB RAM

64 bit OS

1 TB HDD

I have 2 Nvidia Geforce GT 755M cards

Load order is attached

I'm assuming I have too many follower and quest mods.  Would it be worth it to invest in an SSD or would that not help at all?  Load times are usually in excess of 1 min such as going from Whiterun to outside with DynDOLOD disabled.

loadorder.txt

10 answers to this question

Do you think buying a 120 GB SSD on Amazon and putting MO on that would solve the problem or am I going to continue having massive load times unless I get a new comp with a better processor?

Shouldn't make too much difference with the MO program installed on the SSD, as once it starts it releases the code to the game engine and no further disk activity from MO takes place.

However you can place the "mods" folder, which holds all the files used by the game on a SSD and that might help... a little. TBH though, I don't reckon it will be that much.

From what I see, honestly, the chip you have is likely the biggest culprit. A 2.4Ghz chip is, frankly, pretty underpowered for gaming in general. Not that it won't work - it obviously does - but at a speed that slow, you have to accept that things aren't going to be anything resembling lightning fast. Combine that with the load orders pieces mentioned already, and yeah... I also notice you don't mention how long your load times are, as Neo did for his. More data?

INPUT! NEED MORE INPUT!

Honestly the processor isn't the problem it exceeds the specs of my laptop's processor and I didn't have much load time with it. Hands down an SSD will decrease your load time dramatically. I don't even use any of the loading screen mods anymore  because that's just excess stuff I don't even get to see loading screens anymore.

From what I see, honestly, the chip you have is likely the biggest culprit. A 2.4Ghz chip is, frankly, pretty underpowered for gaming in general. Not that it won't work - it obviously does - but at a speed that slow, you have to accept that things aren't going to be anything resembling lightning fast. Combine that with the load orders pieces mentioned already, and yeah... I also notice you don't mention how long your load times are, as Neo did for his. More data?

INPUT! NEED MORE INPUT!

I don't think this is really much of an issue because Skyrim isn't nearly as CPU intensive as some people claim. I rarely see Skyrim using more than 20% CPU on my system. The biggest bottleneck (by a wide margin) is disk I/O and then GPU.