MOD S.T.E.P. fix plugin order with LOOT failed exit code 3221225477

aba42

Question

Having played Skyrim with 252 mods (using NMM only for load order), I decided to "clean up" the experience, and use the guidance in the UserNeovalen S.T.E.P. guide Skyrim Revisited Legendary Edition.  Got a clean, no mods, Skyrim install (i.e., Skyrim, Update, Dawnguard, HearthFires, Dragonborn, HighResTexturePack 1, 2, and 3. That's it, nothing else.  I began going through all of the S.T.E.P.s.  I put Mod Organizer, SKSE (select files), LOOT, TES5Edit, and WryeBash all in the root directory of <Steam><steamapps><common><Skyrim>, per several online suggestions that they ALL be located there (that wasn't clear from the S.T.E.P. guide).  I began going through the MOD Organizer setup.  I got to the <LOOT><Run><Sort> instruction.  That puppy hums for a few seconds, then generates an error window "loot failed. exit code was: 3221225477".   The little messages at the bottom of the Mod Organizer screen say "no more processes in job".  I have been unable to find ANY solution to this problem, other than suggestions that ALL of these programs associated with Mod Organizer need to be in that Skyrim Root Folder (i.e., on the same level as the<Data> folder, NOT inside the <Data> folder).  So, what the heck am I doing wrong?   Yes, I have Norton Security Sweep.  No, the Firewall AND the Anti-Virus are both disabled during this process, JUST in case Norton tried to be too helpful.  Suggestions welcome, especially if they resolve the problem and I may continue?  Thanks!  Allen

post-8660-0-58562700-1452638062_thumb.png

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

A quickie this time.  I downloaded the Optimized Vanilla Textures and the Optimized High-Resolution Textures.  After I unzipped the master files, Mod Organizer installed the Texture Packs just fine.  I installed them as bsa's, I did not unpack the bsa's.  I then reordered them in the left pane of MO.  There is also a HotFix download, for people who have Skyrim installed on a Drive (i.e., D:\) other than the Windows Drive (C:\), which is my case.  When I attempt to use MO to install the HotFix, it says "No Game Data on Top Level".  The HotFix contains two files:  Textures Install.vbs and Textures Uninstall.vbs.  Do I need to unpack the bsa's in order for the HotFix to be applied?  OR, what do I need to do in MO to get these files installed correctly?  OR, where do I need to physically move these two files?  Thank you!  Allen

Crap, I need to back up a step.  I THOUGHT I had downloaded both the Optimized Vanilla Textures - SD and the Optimized HighResTexturePack 1, 2, and 3.  My mistake.  I now have Optimized Vanilla Textures - SD, Optimized Dawnguard Textures - SD, Optimized HearthFires Textures - SD, and Optimized Dragonborn Textures - SD.  I ALSO have Optimized Dawnguard Texttures - HD, Optimized HearthFires Textures - HD, and Optimized Dragonborn Textures - HD.  I THINK I should have only EITHER SD versions OR HD verstions, correct?  OR, are the HD versions actually the HighResTexturePacks 1, 2, and 3, just renamed and optimized?  IF NOT, where may I find the Optimized HighResTexturePacks 1, 2, and 3, since I was advised on this list, above, to NOT optimize the Unmanaged HighResTexturePack 1, 2, and 3 ESP files.

Depending on the response, I'm sill going to need a response about the HotFix, above.  Thank you!  Allen

The files for the High Res stuff are from "Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized", located here:  https://tinyurl.com/z56a2ee

There's the Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized - Universal, Update Pack, and Unofficial High Resolution Patch - Compatible Version

As you can see, I'm a tad confused as to which "optimized" files (SD or HD) and from which source I should be using!  Allen

I mean, whether I should use those packs or the ones located at "Optimized Vanilla Textures" or if I am supposed to be using a combination of both?

It's the Optimized Vanilla Textures that have that HotFix file you asked about.

For SOME reason, the Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized does NOT contain a Hi-Res Optimized VANILLA pack.  I cannot find one of those.  Just the three DLC Hi-Res Packs at that Bethesda Hi-Res Nexus site.  So, is it safe to assume that I should use the Optimized Vanilla Textures - SD, Optimized Dawnguard Textures - HD, Optimized HearthFires Textures- HD, and Optimized Dragonborn Textures- HD ONLY?  Then, do I still load the Unmanaged HighResTexturePacks 1, 2, and 3 after those?

Those are not part of the STEP install. You also didn't answer my question about the "Hotfix". Any download that says you need to run a VB script to make textures work on games installed on the D: drive, is just ridiculous and I advise you to NOT RUN those VB scripts.

Are you following the STEP guide as the title of your topic seems to indicate?

The optimized files mentioned in SR:LE comes from doing it manually (or well, partially with scripts I suppose) with ddsOpt, but from looking at the Bethesda Hi-Res Optimized - Universal on the Nexus page you linked it contains several vanilla textures so if you want to use that mod all you have to do is sort it after the unmanaged vanilla (base game and DLC) textures and the optimized textures (base game and DLC, inluding the Hi-Res DLC). 

The HotFix, as I stated above, is found on the Optimized Vanilla Textures Nexus site:  https://tinyurl.com/z4b84yn

I'll try to address the apparent confusion.  Yes, I am using STEP.  Yes, I created Optimized Vanilla, Dawnguard, HearthFires, and Dragonborn Textures - SD.  I was subsequently told, in these two discussion/help pages, to NOT optimize the Unmanaged HighResTexturePack 01, 02, and 03 files.  BUT, in the STEP, it shows the following order (which is NOT what mine show, as I have NO optimized HD textures):

• Vanilla Optimized
  • Dawnguard
  • Dawnguard Optimized
  • HearthFires
  • Hearthfires Optimized
  • Dragonborn
  • Dragonborn Optimized
  • Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch
  • HighResTexturePack01
  • HRDLC1 Optimized
  • HighResTexturePack02
  • HRDLC2 Optimized
  • HighResTexturePack03
  • HRDLC3 Optimized
  • Unofficial High Resolution Patch

NOTE the three HRDLC1, C2 and C3.  This is the order I'm SUPPOSED to have, but I was told to not optimize the HighResTexturePack 01, 02, 03.  SO, I tried to find them on the Internet, and that's where I found the Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized Nexus page.

So:

1.  Am I or am I not supposed to have optimized the HighResTexturePack 01, 02, and 03 pages so that I have the HRDLC01, 02, 03 Mods, as shown in the STEP?  OR, am I supposed to follow the guidance from Greg, at the top of this page?  Do you understand my confusion?

Just to be clear on this matter. The TinyUrl link in the first post is not the same as the one just posted.

https://tinyurl.com/z56a2ee takes me to the Bethesda Hi-Res DLC Optimized page.

https://tinyurl.com/z4b84yn takes me to the Optimized Vanilla Textures.

As for the VB script, well now that's a different matter altogether, that's specifically for NMM users and since you are using MO, you don't need it. 

He DID provide a link for the Optimized Vanilla, Dawnguard, HearthFires, and Dragonborn Textures - SD.  I used those from the link, rather than use DDSopt to create my own.  However, I did not see a link to the HRDLC01, 02, and 03 files so that I could obtain those.  IF I should have them, as the STEP order clearly shows, then I guess I'll try to figure out DDSopt to create my own...unless someone DOES have them for download?  hint, hint.

Ah, yes, I did not provide a link to the HotFix, I just mentioned at the end of that message where I'd found it.  Sorry 'bout that, Chief.  And I will now toss it, as I am using both STEP and MO.

I disagree.  The "High Resolution Texture Pack" listed there is the file that's listed last on the STEP order I provided above.   Unless I'm REALLY missing something, I do not see any links to any of the three HRDLC01, 02, and 03 Optimized Patches.  I only see the STEP Optimized vanilla Textures, I WISH that the STEP Optimized High-Resolution Textures was the next listing on that table.   Unfortunately, it's not.  DRAT!!