Too Dark For Me

Mercyflush64

Question

With the official move over to STEP v2.2.9.1 there were a couple of additions to the 2.D. Fixes section.

Enhanced Lighting for ENB-LITE

Relighting Skyrim

I understand the logic of being almost forced to use a torch inside of a cave but that is not my playing style. Not to mention with the intro you almost don't come across one to use.

Is there a way to brighten it up a little to see what is going on without using the brightness option that just ruins the whole game outside?

I did plenty of installs when this was still a pre-release but these two were thrown in at the last minute upon release.

11 answers to this question

These two mods are basically just lighting corrections. If you don't like them, you don't have to use them. ELE may be a part of the STEP Patch though. We really should rethink that decision since many users will be using different lighting mods.

Or maybe provide another ELE Patch ("STEP Extended ELE Patch" or something) that gets loaded after the STEP Patch, since there would be conflicts without either including ELE edits in the STEP Patch or having a separate ELE Patch for STEP - that's why Ess included ELE in the STEP Extended patch.  Personally, I think it would be better to have it be its own patch.  Yeah, it adds an extra plugin to the list by doing it that way...  I for one would prefer to have it separate, since I don't use it.

Set the in-game brightness level to a desired visual inside of any dungeon, once the desired value have been reached implement it into ELE files you are using.

Use TES5EDIT to alter the Dungeon designated Imagespace Brightness value to a value you think is decent.

I'm wondering if it is the Relighting Skyrim mod. That is the one that moves the lighting bulbs around. It all looks fantastic but with the lighting I have in my house and the sun behind me it is too dark for me too make anything out. It's just a good thing I have done the intro a hundred times or I would have been lost.

RS handles as you light bulbs and only covers a small radius of a location in light. ELE on the other controls the ambient, directional lighting as well as fog. So adjusting ELE is what you want to do, if you're having doubts just deactivate ELE and you should see what is being affected and you should also see a much brighter interior.

A good demo on both mods as well as ELFX and RLO;

https://imgur.com/a/7F9pc#0

Hmmm. I think I'll pop in to revive this thread to share an opinion on the ELE and Relighting Skyrim inclusion. While it does a good job in making me use Candlelight (I'm not a very magic-prone player) in interior dungeon cells, the unfortunate side effect is that Hjerim (I tried both vanilla and the TNF mod) is in near-pitch black conditions. Although I don't particularly use Hjerim that much, it does seem awkward to find this player home majorly enveloped in darkness. That said I'll stick to ELE and Relighting, until the masters of STEP find or think of something better.

Edited by trackho