cardinalix

Followers never heal - just crawl and crawl.

Question

Hello all! 

Finished my install and L-O-V-I-N-G it! Having three followers, all mounted, following me through the now BEAUTIFUL mountains of Skyrim makes me smile. 

I have run into a weird thing and I could use some help diagnosing whether it is intended behavior or a bug... The only deviations from the guide: I skipped Frostfall, iNeed and Bathing in Skyrim mods.

So, here is what is going on. I have my followers follow me into battle, they get wounded (I think it is called the Bleedout stage?) and are ignored by the enemies. I mop up; and my followers crawl behind me. And crawl, and crawl. They will not heal no matter what. I give them healing potions, nothing. I try Healing Hands, nothing. I wait for hours, nothing. However, if I dismiss them from my service, wait several days and then go find them at their homes, they will rejoin my service at full health with no issues. Until the next time they are wounded.

Anyone else experienced this? Did I screw up my install somehow? So far it is not a deal-breaker, I can dismiss them and re-recruit them later of course but I was just wondering if there was a simple Mod Configuration setting or workaround that would solve this minor issue or if it was a true bug. Thanks so much!    

4 answers to this question

NPC Knockout Overhaul also doesn't seem to play very well with follower mods like Arissa, whether the No Follower KO option is checked or not. Or this might be another problem on my end. Do you happen to have installed any follower mods like that? (Sofia, Arissa, Inigo.. etc)

Edited by Pretendeavor

I've noticed similar things happen with followers and NPC Knockout Overhaul when I checked the No Follower KO option. With this checked they stay in the 'crawl stage' once they get wounded. With it unchecked they can be knocked out (but I find this really annoying because you have to wait for an hour for them to stand up again). Maybe you also have this option checked?

Hey all, 

Sorry for the extreme delay in responding... I was called abroad for work. Really cuts into play time ya know? Pretendeavor, you hit it right on the head first try. It was exactly the No Follower KO option was checked. After it was unchecked, the behavior returned to what was expected. Thank you so much! Back to enjoying the game! 

Edited by cardinalix

• Similar Content

• By GatlingGauntlet
      Hi, there. I'm a moderately experienced gamer/modder. I am currently using FO4Edit, not having to many issues. Infact, more of a question.
      The question is, What are the commands or values that need entered into the FO4Edit spreadsheet to make the npcs leveled AROUND your LEVEL. Say 40<50<60?

If i were level 50, how could I make the leveled list for a mod I'm using spawn NPCs around my level? I want to make it challenging but I don't want large level gaps above 15+ levels

I am currently using UNLEVELED WASTELAND
      What script or value do I enter in the command line to give that npc ability.
      Currently it says;     "Calculate from all levels <= players level"

Do I need to make a new list? or do I just change the command?
    • By ThreeTen
      Hey everoyne, I heard this is where all the cool kids hang out, so I figured I'd say hello by releasing the beta version of:

NPC Visual Transferer  Skyrimorphs? Actormorphs?
      (crappy title, but can't think of much else atm).

Now out on the nexus!  Get It Here!

The concept is pretty simple.  Take any humanoid npc you find in-game and perfectly transfer its visuals onto any other NPC by creating an override and modifying its record info. (Which is saved to a single esp which I control).
      My hope is that users who are not familiar with CK and who prefer a different visual style can populate the NPCs of their world by using visually similar standalone npcs provided by the nexus.
      This also allows users to enjoy any fully fleshed out NPC mod (custom voices/quests etc.) without worrying about the visuals as they can change it to whomever they want.

Even better is that at any point in time you can change/remove these visuals without any risk to your savegame.

MO\NMM users get full facegen management:
      Handle all FaceGenData management, so you don't need to manually extract/move/rename/remove any FaceGenData. Remove the need to keep the plugin of the NPC who has the visuals you want (although you will have to keep the modfolder active, but that can be merged). ---(ex. Used the visuals of NPCA inside of PluginA.esp - After patching, PluginA.esp can be disabled as new records referencing all of NPCA's assets were created).  
      If you wish, you can technically turn lydia into a dragon,  or a goat, or a mudcrab,  but I haven't implemented the ai data for them to move around just yet.
      As I am trying to gear this for everyone I have utilized the .tes5pas method as I can then utilize the NMM download button rather than having users manually move files themselves.

Instructions on how to install and how to patch is provided as a text file.
      Note:  You may have to set Tes5edit and ModOrganizer to run as administrators for .tes5pas scripts to work.  If all else fails you can move all of the .pas scripts into your "edit scripts" folder and run it the old fashioned way.

you can download the github repo: here and can treat the zip file as a mod.

Thanks for taking the time to read and test this out!
      -ThreeTen

Added Since Posting:
       - Ability to choose the override record of the NPC you want your visuals transferred to.   
      This allows:
       - Ability to Transfer the same NPC's visuals from another esp to itself.  Useful for when you have certain non-visual enhancements on your NPC that you don't want to lose because of a mesh/texture override. (or you just want to make sure that your NPCs have their non-visual modifications applied to them.)
      -  Set up an automatic facegen replacement system for NMM users.  So now as long as you remove the npcs I manage with my script before modifying them any further through NMM then the system is now automated for you as well!
    • By Zaybren
      Hello to all and thank you for any help in advance. Also, this is my first post so I apologize if anything is incorrect and I do not post correctly. 
      My problem was my PC was handling the game well (I was holding FPS above 55 most of the time). However I was getting constant stutter doen into the single digits and it made the game unbearable to play. Therefore, I went ahead and downlaoded and ran BethINI. The game now works terrific except for this one large issue, in my opinion. My companions now only fight with their fists or any melee weapons they find. Before installing and running BethINI I was using Companion Infinite Ammo and UNbreakable Power armor and I had no issues. However, as soon I ran the game this issue started. I figured it was because I downloaded BethINI mid-game and needed to start a fresh save. So I started a new save but the issue persisted. Then I went ahead and reinstalled every mod in my load order to see if that would fix the issue, it did not. However, my companions will use guns if I give them ammo for it but that defeats the purpose of how I want to play and makes it tedious, especially on Survival mode. Also they will not even use their default weapon, it is either fists or a melee weapon. I really wish I could have come to the solution on my own so I would not have to bother anybody with this but I have reached a wall. Thank you in advance to anybody who is willing to help me.

Also, yes I do know that my LOOT is fairly large but I would like to point out that I had no issues before installing BethINI. The only mod on this list that is out of place is "Better Companions" I placed it there manually because I got rid of "Infinite Ammo and Unbreakable Power Armor" because the mod author reported it did the same thing without any conflicts. That being said except for my one issue with the followers BethINI has worked great! Thank you very much for any help.