Nearly done installing, couple of questions

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! It's probably the light I'll see right before I enter the next tunnel. Some questions:

1 - Better Make Up for SKSE

Version: 1.8 (High Res Female Face Makeup For SKSE + High Res Male Face Makeup for SKSE + High Res Vanilla Male and Female Blackblood Warpaints for SKSE)

The files mentioned only have a 1.0 and the only 1.8 are high res lips. Have I misunderstood something?

2 - The final step in the conflict resolution section reads :

Add To Load Order

Now that a properly made SR Conflict Resolution.esp has been created, it needs to be sorted properly by BOSS. To do this, follow the Updating Guide to sort SR Conflict Resolution.esp TOP Bashed Patch.

The section that follows immediately is about running LOOT again for sorting masters etc. Is it safe to assume I can ignore the BOSS stuff?

3 - Should I consider making a merge patch in TES5edit before making a bashed patch as per the instructions? What is the difference between the 2 anyway?

4 - My original plan was to do SR:LE + REGS + Perma. With this in mind, should I want to do these patches until after I've installed those? What about Dyndolod? Does anything from REGS add stuff that would need LODS? (I don't think it does).

5 - Does SUM still require BOSS? I couldn't find an update date on the SUM documentation so I figured I'd ask.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Just install the files asked for, ie the male/female makeup files and the blackblood one.

2) Just a old instruction. LOOT tends to put the Conflict Resolution patch pretty much right where it needs to go anyway.

3) If you're going to add REGS and Perma as per your query below, wait till you've added all those mods before doing the bashed patch anyway.

4) See above pretty much.

5) Nope, you can just get into the SUM options and turn LOOT/BOSS sorting off anyway.

Thanks again Nozzer.

So what is the best way to go about installing REGS? Go down the list and, where it applies, use instructions from the compatibility guide instead? Also, for mods than I've already installed from SR:LE, can I skip over those? eg Falskaar, Cutting Room Floor, Provincial Courier Service etc 

Edit: Found where it says there's no need to reinstall. Replacement question: At the end of the REGS install, should I use the metadata thingy in LOOT to ensure that the REGS-SRLE patch.esp always loads after Conflict Resolution.esp? It reads like that is the correct thing to do but this compatibility guide was updated 2 months ago and still says to use BOSS >.>

Edited by Tempest

It would be safest to load it after Conflict Resolution.esp yeah. Even though I don't think it touches any records that SR Conflict Resolution touches. Also, be sure to carefully check the appropriate patches for ETaC. You will probably need a lot of them :P They can be merged! The ones that do not contain the Navmesh Info Map record can be safely merged with the Merge Plugins script. If you want to include patches that do have that record it gets a little complicated, but it can still be done. More about that can be found here. Not sure at what page exactly. All of this is assuming you are actually reaching the esp limit and I'm not sure if that is the case with a pure SRLE-REGS setup without additional mods.

About Farmhouse Chimneys, I assume that is indeed the correct version. It's the one I'm using currently anyway

Thanks for clearing those things up Pretendeavor. I just got done with the ETaC install and I'm sitting at 172 esps so good call on the merging. Is this the navmesh fix you were referring to?

In TES5Edit, just delete the Navigation Mesh Info Map record from your merged plugin and save it, load it into CK, and then just save it. By doing this, CK will rebuild the Navigation Mesh Info Map for all of the merged NavMesh records in the plugin.

Follow up question regarding merging: In order the merge the patches, I need the missing masters first. So once I've installed them, should I reorder the patches and then merge them? Iirc, merging requires that they are contiguous right? Or should I disable the patches (from left pane) until after I've installed the missing masters?

Edited by Tempest

Yeah pretty much. I never use the CK though so this step was a bit intimidating. Also, there should be a longer explanation near that post about 'esmifying' the master files. I did this by starting up Wrye Bash and right clicking every master of the merged patch and click 'Esmify self'. After this you can load the patch up in the CK. It's pretty easy actually, the only really annoying thing was the amount of error messages you have to click through when you do the CK thing. As far as I understand the errors are relatively harmless but there were so many of them.. Once the CK is done saving you'll have to 'espify' the master files again and make sure the Merged Patch gets placed after all its masters in your load order.

A few final things that I just thought of..

I'm not sure if the ETaC patch installer contains a patch for Holidays. It used to have a patch for holidays when it was still part of Wet and Cold, but I'm not sure the new patch is included. I think the Holidays Nexus page has an ETaC patch available. I also merged this with the other patches.

Then there is a patch called 3DNPC - Alternative Locations. I forgot if this was mentioned in the compatibility guide, I recall installing this myself afterwards. It basically patches a few minor issues with NPC placement from Interesting NPCs and a few of the starting options from Alternate Start - Live Another Life. It can be found on the Interesting NPCs nexus page. You could choose not to install this to save a esp slot but I think this was the cause of the fighting noises that I sometimes heard in the Alternate Start starting prison cell. Another example that I experienced is the option 'I am a warlock's thrall', where without the patch a fight would immediately break out once you started the game between said warlock and a npc added by Interesting NPCS.

Edited by Pretendeavor

Thanks for the heads up about the patches. I had noticed the lack of mention of Holidays in the ETaC patch but I figured it didn't matter since I didn't have Wet and Cold - Holidays installed (I'd forgotten that Holidays was a thing in my load order). The stuff about the CK esmify/espify sounds a little intimidating to me too. Hopefully doing it all is a little easier than it all sounds.

if you'd be so kind as to post how you did the srle+regs install, I was hoping to do that (just without JKs) but it simply doesn't make sense to me (with the bit older SRLE+REGS guide)?

Any guide lines would be greatly appreciated :)

-Do I have to learn how to do conflict resolution?

** Oh and I noticed that the ELE version in the SRLE guide doesn't correspond to the version available?

I haven't done anything special really. I did all of mods listed in SRLE. I skipped over the last few steps for the Wrye Bash bashed patch, Dyndolod etc thanks to advice higher up in this thread and then made a new MO profile that was a copy of the SRLE profile (called SRLE+REGS).  I've been going down the REGS list 1 by 1 and with each mod, I check the compatibility guide to make sure I don't miss any patches, options etc.

With regards to conflict resolution, I watched the video and did one or 2 so that I atleast understood the process. There are pre-built conflict resolution patches at the end of both, SRLE and REGS compatibility guides. You can just download those and go from there. It seems to me like you shouldn't need to do any additional conflict resolution if you plan to stick to the SRLE/REGS modlists. Hopefully, someone who is actually qualified to answer your question will pop in here.

As for ELE, I didn't notice the version # thing until you mentioned it. I downloaded the 0.9.5b version and all the options matched up with the instructions in SRLE guide. Oddly enough, even though I installed the b version, my MO says I have 0.9.5a installed so I assume everything is ok.

Then there is a patch called 3DNPC - Alternative Locations. I forgot if this was mentioned in the compatibility guide, I recall installing this myself afterwards. It basically patches a few minor issues with NPC placement from Interesting NPCs and a few of the starting options from Alternate Start - Live Another Life. It can be found on the Interesting NPCs nexus page. You could choose not to install this to save a esp slot but I think this was the cause of the fighting noises that I sometimes heard in the Alternate Start starting prison cell. Another example that I experienced is the option 'I am a warlock's thrall', where without the patch a fight would immediately break out once you started the game between said warlock and a npc added by Interesting NPCS.

Did you have to do anything special to make this work? The addition of this esp is making LOOT crash.

Did you have to do anything special to make this work? The addition of this esp is making LOOT crash.

Not that I can remember. Try restarting MO, that fixes the occasional LOOT crash (blank screen on startup) for me. I have not added a LOOT rule for it. If you're 100% sure it is this patch causing the crashes I guess you will have to play without it.. Perhaps try placing it after 3DNPC before starting up LOOT but I don't think that should matter.

Lol SRLE isn't for the fainthearted, but for SRLE+REGS you need a heart of stone and nerves of steal xD (as I see above) My biggest concern is that the conflict patch in REGS includes JKs (hoping it doesn't), which I really don't want, it's to much of a performance hit for my system (details in the newcomer thread)

** As I can see on the SRLE+REGS page there is no mention of using the REGS patch only that the patch from there doesn't conflict with the SRLE one

I'm lost on what to do and how :(

Oh and Tempest did you install the IL only version of ELE or the default one? (If I give up on the regs part...)

Edited by bekcicandrej

@Pretendeavor I think LOOT is just getting tired of being run every 30 seconds. It crashed a few times after I posted that but then it magically worked so npnp.

@bekcicandrej So you're saying you want to use REGS but not use JK's Skyrim? It might be possible but you will have to try it yourself or wait for someone to confirm. Basically, the REGS patches that you are worried about is 3 seperate esps. So maybe you can not use JK's and then not load that particular patch?

Edited by Tempest