Nearly done installing, couple of questions

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now, a question about merging mods.

• Are there any criteria about what mods can be merged? I know about the Navmesh info map thing thanks to Pretendeavor but are there more touchy things like that to keep an eye out for?
  • Alternatively, can I merge completely disparate mods (for example, 2 swords + 1 armor and then something completely unrelated like Disparity?
  • For these completely disparate merges, how well do tes5edit, wrye bash and skyproc patchers like patchusmaximus handle them? Does it work a-ok? Do you have to do more stuff to make it work?

Thanks for all the info (Ill ask around on the forum thread over on REGS about JKs).

So just to verify, you did the SRLE guide including conflict resolution.esp then the REGS with the patches (having the SRLE+REGS as a guideline) then the patch from SRLE+REGS?

Hoping that MO isn't going to be to complicated, used NMM till now xD (and that I can save the downloaded mods on my hdd and the installed ones on my sdd)

And now, a question about merging mods.

• Are there any criteria about what mods can be merged? I know about the Navmesh info map thing thanks to Pretendeavor but are there more touchy things like that to keep an eye out for?
  • Alternatively, can I merge completely disparate mods (for example, 2 swords + 1 armor and then something completely unrelated like Disparity?
  • For these completely disparate merges, how well do tes5edit, wrye bash and skyproc patchers like patchusmaximus handle them? Does it work a-ok? Do you have to do more stuff to make it work?

I would look at at mod's description page/readme first to see if the author has something to say about merging. Personally I avoid merging any mods that contain scripts and any mods that have their own MCM menu. You can go look at esps in TES5Edit and see what they are changing. Some mods are relatively small (as in, they only contain only a few records). They are probably the ones that you should look at first. Other than that I search for topics on these forums about what esps were succesfully merged by others. Generally speaking a lot of armor/weapon mods can be merged safely. Some contain scripts/quests, so I avoid them, and I look through the records of the esps to see if they conflict with any other mod that I have already installed. Also, post-merge you might want to right click on the merged plugin and select 'Check for Errors'. You might also want to do this check for every esp you are planning to merge before the merging process.

Examples: I have one esp for 22 armor/weapon addons. You will need to keep the mods checked in MO or else the merged plugin won't have access to the meshes/textures but you can move the merged plugins to 'Optional Esps' like you have probably done a couple of times while installing the 2 guides. I keep the merged plugin in its own mod folder and added a notepad file in which I list all currently merged esps. I find this useful because I tend to forget which ones I merged and which ones I didn't.

I have one merged plugin for the following files:

Ashrocks.esp

Moss Rocks.esp

Sulfurrocks.esp

NightingaleArrows.esp

paralyze.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp

Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp

Elemental Staves.esp

WAF_CCF_SIC Patch.esp

Lastly I have another personal patch esp in which I merged some plugins and do my own conflict resolution. It contains these esps:

FixCombatMusic

EpisodeParallax

Moss Rocks_DB

WM Trap Fixes

CWINPCImprovements

360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust

BettterQuestObjectives-PaardilemmaPatch

BettterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc

ORM Convenient Alsvid

BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch

RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix

Prometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock

BetterQuestObjectives-PersidRRentalPatch

DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix

dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged

3DNPCEFF

BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch

BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch

BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch

BetterQuestObjectives-EFFPatch

moveit (not installed)

Clothing & Clutter_3DNPC_Patch

ETaC Complete Temporary patch

GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp

780 - NPC Knockout Overhaul - Thieves guild requirements (STEP Extended) patch (from MMO pack)

Skysan_ENBHorseThrough.esp

xone Fix Those Wyrms.esp

MagicArmorVisuals_Dragonhide_NoAnim

ImprovedLightSpells

Skysight-simply-bigger-trees-slower-branches

MoonGlow

Immersive Weapons OBIS Patch

Disease Descriptions

DD_Dawnguard Additions

DD_Dragonborn Additions

Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix

BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions

nomorestupiddog

Realistic HD Beverages

As you can see it's relatively random. Both plugins seem to work well though.

EDIT: I didn't run into any trouble with skyproc patchers. At the moment I just use ASIS and DSR. I let Wrye Bash handle leveled lists, so I mostly don't merge mods that contain those either. All merging is mostly done with the Merge Plugins script with the recommended settings from SR:LE. Some records are just copied into my general patch, like you would do when manually going through the conflict resolution page from SRLE. If you are not sure when you can just copy records I recommend just sticking with the Merge Plugin Script.

Edited by Pretendeavor

Thanks for all the info (Ill ask around on the forum thread over on REGS about JKs).

So just to verify, you did the SRLE guide including conflict resolution.esp then the REGS with the patches (having the SRLE+REGS as a guideline) then the patch from SRLE+REGS?

Hoping that MO isn't going to be to complicated, used NMM till now xD (and that I can save the downloaded mods on my hdd and the installed ones on my sdd)

Yep, this is exactly what I did. If you are new to using MO, I'd recommend watching Gopher's or Gamerpoet's tutorial series on youtube. They are both pretty long series but you can increase the playback speed and get through them pretty quick. I'll be happy to let you know when it all works :P

I would look at at mod's description page/readme first to see if the author has something to say about merging. Personally I avoid merging any mods that contain scripts and any mods that have their own MCM menu. You can go look at esps in TES5Edit and see what they are changing. Some mods are relatively small (as in, they only contain only a few records). They are probably the ones that you should look at first. Other than that I search for topics on these forums about what esps were succesfully merged by others. Generally speaking a lot of armor/weapon mods can be merged safely. Some contain scripts/quests, so I avoid them, and I look through the records of the esps to see if they conflict with any other mod that I have already installed. Also, post-merge you might want to right click on the merged plugin and select 'Check for Errors'. You might also want to do this check for every esp you are planning to merge before the merging process.

Examples: I have one esp for 22 armor/weapon addons. You will need to keep the mods checked in MO or else the merged plugin won't have access to the meshes/textures but you can move the merged plugins to 'Optional Esps' like you have probably done a couple of times while installing the 2 guides. I keep the merged plugin in its own mod folder and added a notepad file in which I list all currently merged esps. I find this useful because I tend to forget which ones I merged and which ones I didn't.

I have one merged plugin for the following files:

Ashrocks.esp

Moss Rocks.esp

Sulfurrocks.esp

NightingaleArrows.esp

paralyze.esp

dD - Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

Atlas Compass Tweaks.esp

Chesko_LoreBasedLoadingScreens.esp

Elemental Staves.esp

WAF_CCF_SIC Patch.esp

Lastly I have another personal patch esp in which I merged some plugins and do my own conflict resolution. It contains these esps:

FixCombatMusic

EpisodeParallax

Moss Rocks_DB

WM Trap Fixes

CWINPCImprovements

360WalkandRunPlus-RunBackwardSpeedAdjust

BettterQuestObjectives-PaardilemmaPatch

BettterQuestObjectives-DBForevertoMisc

ORM Convenient Alsvid

BetterQuestObjectives-ThievesGuildRequirementsPatch

RBB - Row Boats - Hearthfire Hotfix

Prometheus_NSUTR Falskaar Dock

BetterQuestObjectives-PersidRRentalPatch

DeadlyCombat_GiantsAIFix

dD-No Spinning Death Animation Merged

3DNPCEFF

BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch

BetterQuestObjectives-TheChoiceIsYoursPatch

BetterQuestObjectives-CRFPatch

BetterQuestObjectives-EFFPatch

moveit (not installed)

Clothing & Clutter_3DNPC_Patch

ETaC Complete Temporary patch

GQJ_DG_vampireamuletfix.esp

780 - NPC Knockout Overhaul - Thieves guild requirements (STEP Extended) patch (from MMO pack)

Skysan_ENBHorseThrough.esp

xone Fix Those Wyrms.esp

MagicArmorVisuals_Dragonhide_NoAnim

ImprovedLightSpells

Skysight-simply-bigger-trees-slower-branches

MoonGlow

Immersive Weapons OBIS Patch

Disease Descriptions

DD_Dawnguard Additions

DD_Dragonborn Additions

Skyrim Particle Patch for ENB - Flame Atronach Fix

BLESSINGS - Altar Descriptions

nomorestupiddog

Realistic HD Beverages

As you can see it's relatively random. Both plugins seem to work well though.

EDIT: I didn't run into any trouble with skyproc patchers. At the moment I just use ASIS and DSR. I let Wrye Bash handle leveled lists, so I mostly don't merge mods that contain those either. All merging is mostly done with the Merge Plugins script with the recommended settings from SR:LE. Some records are just copied into my general patch, like you would do when manually going through the conflict resolution page from SRLE. If you are not sure when you can just copy records I recommend just sticking with the Merge Plugin Script.

Thanks for this. This is basically what I had in mind but there are obviously a lot more possibilities than I had considered. Luckily, I only really want to add 10-15 mods so hopefully it won't be too rough.

You can right click on the mod in question and select to reinstall it and when asked to merge or replace select replace. The mod will stay in the current position. This also works for double clicking on the archive in the download pane.

I'm nearly there guys. I've spent some time wandering ingame and I was wondering how much of a pain it would be to re-install Vividian ENB in order to get darker nights and interiors? Looking at the SRLE guide, I can see that after reinstalling Vividian, I'll have to redo the merge that creates Vividian ENB Merge and then I'll have to reinstall Vivid Clouds and Fogs and merge those esps into Vividian ENB Extended Weathers. Have I missed anything?

So, one last thing. Dual Sheath Redux is malfunctioning (or I did something wrong). I'm sword surfing if I dual wield (one on hip, one between my feet). I'm tried the following:

reinstalling FNIS > XPMSE > DSR > FNIS patch > DSR Patch. Very weird thing is, in racemenu, I have no options for Weapons. I've tried this with a brand new character as well an existing one. Any suggestions?

So, one last thing. Dual Sheath Redux is malfunctioning (or I did something wrong). I'm sword surfing if I dual wield (one on hip, one between my feet). I'm tried the following:

reinstalling FNIS > XPMSE > DSR > FNIS patch > DSR Patch. Very weird thing is, in racemenu, I have no options for Weapons. I've tried this with a brand new character as well an existing one. Any suggestions?

Sword surfing generally means that the skeleton is doing something wrong... now that weapon positions are scripted perhaps your Race Menu isn't up to date to go with the XPMSE plugin?

Well, so far I have re-installed all the parts of the equation with no luck. Race Menu is up-to-date as are the plugins.

Edit: For clarification, I'm using all the versions that are specified in the SRLE guide.

Edited by Tempest