Stealth Boys problems

CreamyRaccoon

Question

I finally got around to using a stealth boy and the device itself works fine. The problem is hotkey or alternate activation option doesn't turn it off or on. I've tried equiping one and waiting an hour so it wears off and putting a new one on but that didn't work.  I also tried messing around with the settings but that didn't work either.

6 answers to this question

The ''In Game Settings'' section of the guide covers game configuration. As part of this section there is a Control Panel Menu Settings guide that covers the parameters for the game and mod devices mentioned in the guide. It's likely the discussion of configuring the Stealth Boy in this guide will cover the problem you have; if this doesn't provide the solution let us know.

I'm not sure what you mean by a Stealthboy hotkey. If you set the Stealth device mode in FWE to 1 (vanilla) then stealth boys work as they do in vanilla, and there is no hotkey in vanilla. You click it and it starts and it stays on until is done. FWE has a hotkey (Sneak button) which only works if you use the FWE stealth device mode. For me this mode works fine for stealth armor, and is problematic with stealth boys.

In the guide I suggested using stealthboys as vanilla devices, which does not include a hotlkey.