CTD on startup after install of Project ENB

Espiem

Question

After following the instructions on the Nexus page for installing Project ENB, my Skyrim no longer loads. When I try and launch from within MO it seems to crash before even opening the game. I found that dropping in the enblocal.ini file to my Skyrim main folder seems to be what's causing the issue, and when I searched on here I found another post suggesting someone set EnableProxyLibrary=false in the enblocal.ini file, which seems to have fixed the issue. The game now loads properly again, and it seems to have the ENB effects. My question though is what is that setting in the ini for? Is it part of Project ENB, and if so am I missing out on some of the Project settings as a result of this change? I've attached my enblocal.ini file if that helps.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Espiem/SystemSpecs

enblocal.ini

5 answers to this question

After following the instructions on the Nexus page for installing Project ENB, my Skyrim no longer loads. When I try and launch from within MO it seems to crash before even opening the game. I found that dropping in the enblocal.ini file to my Skyrim main folder seems to be what's causing the issue, and when I searched on here I found another post suggesting someone set EnableProxyLibrary=false in the enblocal.ini file, which seems to have fixed the issue. The game now loads properly again, and it seems to have the ENB effects. My question though is what is that setting in the ini for? Is it part of Project ENB, and if so am I missing out on some of the Project settings as a result of this change? I've attached my enblocal.ini file if that helps.

https://wiki.step-project.com/User:Espiem/SystemSpecs

The setting is for loading additional graphic effects. Here are your settings:

[PROXY]

EnableProxyLibrary=true

InitProxyFunctions=true

ProxyLibrary=d3d9injFX.dll

You are trying to load an addition library called d3d9injFX.dll. If you do not have any additional libraries to load then EnableProxyLibrary=false. You can check if d3d9injFX.dll exists by going to your actual Skyrim directory and looking for the file.

The attached file is the one that came with Project ENB. I've edited it so that EnableProxyLibrary=false in order to make my game run. I guess I was wondering if anyone knew what specifically the Project ENB .dll file added to determine if I should continue to look for a fix to using it or not, or if anyone else had any ideas as to why it might not be working for me and how I might fix it.