GeForce GTX 970 specifications

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think I said something about DoF and blur effects being costly a while back! :) 

Those are just not worth maxing out... even in the witcher two they are just brutal. Mainly because high width blurring cost so much when you increase resolution that it is just too crazy. You can also see that when using ENB in skyrim with the more pretty bokeh DoF´s. Pretty for screenshots.. but brutal on the performance. 

Argh, sorry guys I know this is frustrating. I'm going to RMA (again), the card started putting out a high pitched sound when frame rate goes over 60 (old games and benches) and crashes even at stock settings. Likely be another 4-5 days to get the new card. *sigh*

I just have no luck with this upgrade. On the (plus?) side, I now know why it was such a dud for overclocking.

Argh, sorry guys I know this is frustrating. I'm going to RMA (again), the card started putting out a high pitched sound when frame rate goes over 60 (old games and benches) and crashes even at stock settings. Likely be another 4-5 days to get the new card. *sigh*

I just have no luck with this upgrade. On the (plus?) side, I now know why it was such a dud for overclocking.

So are you sticking with the same card? Coil whine was one of the issues I read about in reviews with the Gigabyte GTX 980 4GB G1 along with sagging due to weight, and arriving with a bend back board causing some fans not to work. To be fair only a small percentage of people complained, so it might be luck of the draw. When it comes time for me to upgrade (soon), I was leaning toward the EVGA, I have never had issues with their cards and owned quite a few.

Only in america.... Any issue pop up and bang... law suits left right and center. 

Funny thing is that it is the middle men who are going to sit with the loss... they are the ones who have to accept returns and provide full refunds without being able to sell the card as new getting their expenses covered. One could imagine that lawsuit between people like amazon and Nvidia.. but not the consumer and Nvidia. Simply does not make much sense. 

This "middle man" you speak of in about all cases is still a mega-corporation, so I think the few million they loose is not gonna break them. Though they would never take a profit loss, they'll pass it on to the consumer some how. I do agree we sue way too much in this country, but this is a case where the people need to do more then being good little sheep. Just my two cents though, I don't have the card. I do buy nvidia though.

Newegg is my favorite source for anything electronic, they are fantastic.

And by the by Neovalen, your DSR mod is outstanding. Just completed a STEP:Extended + RV ENB hybrid and your mod is one of my favorite parts. And to boot, this new rig is banging out 45-60fps with these hammer mods installed. ;)

I am glad Newegg are supporting you. Let's hope the replacement is a good overclocker!

Here in the UK I use Scan for the same reason. I have shopped with them for about fifteen years and they have always stood by their warranties and RMA procedures. They also have an affordable optional Accidental Damage policy if you are ever unsure about putting a build together. It covers the odd "Whoops!" that can happen when building.

Edited by DanielCoffey