Conflicting graphics profile question.

Thenatural

Question

Hello community, I have a (hopefully ::):) relatively simple question regarding conflicting graphics, and new profiles. I am still relatively uninformed when it comes to how MO handles the overwriting of texture mods. 

I guess the best way to start out is just to explain my situation, and the result I am attempting to achieve. 

I have my default profile, with all of the highest possible resolution versions of the STEP recommended texture and graphics mods in the conflicting graphics section, downloaded and installed in the order suggested, and the game run flawlessly, and I am more than pleased with the results.

I am going to begin recording my antics around skyrim and I would like to setup a profile using lighter versions of the graphics mods so I can record at 60fps and keep my PC happy. Now, If I were to create a new profile, would it be as simple as downloading the lighter versions of all of the conflicting graphics mods and checking the boxes in the left mod pane in the correct order in order to achieve the STEP desired result? And would this work on an existing save that has already used the textures? 

I would like to manually add a very early (just outside of helgen) save to a new profile and use the same mods I have installed, just with lighter textures. Could I actually just copy my current profile, disable the texture mods in the left pane, and D/L and activate the lighter versions in the correct order? 

I hope this was all clear, it was actually very hard to articulate through text. I did a relatively thorough search, but was unable to find what I was looking for, I even watched all of gopher's MO vids, but got no answers when it came to the overwriting of and install order of the graphics mods.

Thanks! 

5 answers to this question

I'd install and position the lower res versions next to their higher res versions and and de/activate as needed in each profile. That is of course they cover exactly the same files, I'm assuming that's the case.

I'd say the way you describe it will work perfectly.

• +1 2

Fantastic, this will mean I'll be able to use some decent LODs and a nice safe ugrids setting to make it a little nicer for others viewing. I personally only care about what is in my immediate area, depth of field usually takes care of my gross LODs haha.