Papyrus Compiler Fix For 64-bit Systems???

This is my first question, so forgive me if it is a bit dumb.

I am having great difficulties with the Papyrus Compiler Fix For 64-bit Systems. Windows SDK will not install correctly on my system. I installed VS 2013, but no matter what I do I cannot seem to get corflags.exe installed correctly with all relevant files.

The command will not execute, and I am at a standstill here.

So, I was wondering if I can simply put PapyrusComplier.exe in XP compatibility mode instead? That should throttle it back to 32 bit, right?

Thanks for your help.

This is my first question, so forgive me if it is a bit dumb.

I am having great difficulties with the Papyrus Compiler Fix For 64-bit Systems. Windows SDK will not install correctly on my system. I installed VS 2013, but no matter what I do I cannot seem to get corflags.exe installed correctly with all relevant files.

The command will not execute, and I am at a standstill here.

So, I was wondering if I can simply put PapyrusComplier.exe in XP compatibility mode instead? That should throttle it back to 32 bit, right?

Thanks for your help.

With VS2013 are you using the Visual Studio Command Prompt? It wont work with a standard command prompt. Using this method you simply go to where the PapyrusCompiler.exe is located and do the command as it will automatically know how to execute corflags.

I think the reason why it didn't work in your first try is because the path to the compiler contains a 'space' and therefore should've been contained in quotation marks. Whereas it worked in the second attempt because, I'm assuming the path is stored in your PATH environment and the shorter command to just the executable's name is correct.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Question:

As I do not have VS installed (any version), specifically what SDK should be downloaded? I tried the one for .Net 4; but it would not install. Errors seemed to be for other components it was looking for; but were not present. The install prompts don't really look like Neovalen had on his SR page, either...

What, specifically do I download for Win 7, 64-bit? What version of .Net redistributables or full versions does it expect you to have? (In other words, what exactly did Neovalen use in his build?)

For Windows 7, this one should do the trick:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279

When the installer gives you options on which components to install, just choose the .Net section of the file tree (unless you need or want the other tools for some reason).

If the installer fails, uninstall any versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable and then try again (per this MS support article).  You can reinstall these afterwards.

These steps worked for me, using Windows 7 64-bit.

• +1 1

No.  That's not correct.  I have Windows 7, and I tried the one Adnaone linked over and over and never got it working.  The reason is because that's for .NET version 4.  Most of us should be on .NET 4.5.x, and therefore, that one won't work.  Instead, use this one:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/bg162891.aspx

That one says it's for Windows 8.1, but if you look at the prerequisites, it says Windows 7.  The important part is the .NET version.  You need the SDK for the version of .NET you have installed.  When I tried the one I linked, it installed perfectly, the first time.

I do have a question though.  Steam has updated my Creation Kit twice in the past couple of weeks.  Do I need to do this fix again?