Papyrus Compiler Fix For 64-bit Systems???

No.  That's not correct.  I have Windows 7, and I tried the one Adnaone linked over and over and never got it working.  The reason is because that's for .NET version 4.  Most of us should be on .NET 4.5.x, and therefore, that one won't work.  Instead, use this one:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/bg162891.aspx

I have .NET 4.5.2 installed and the 4.0 SDK works just fine for me.  If installation of the 4.0 SDK failed for you, it was probably due to the C++ 2010 Redistributable conflict.  The version of .NET does not necessarily matter.  You can have multiple versions of .NET on the same machine at the same time.

However, you're absolutely right that the Win 8.1 version says that Win 7 is supported.  I hadn't caught that before.  So in that case, yeah, the Win 8.1 version is indeed the one to recommend. 

To anyone installing the Win 8.1 .NET SDK, you'll need to have .NET 4.5 installed first.  I think the older SDK came bundled with the necessary redistributable package (I could be wrong), but the newer version states that you must install .NET 4.5 separately.  On the Win 8.1 .NET SDK page, scroll down to the System Requirements section and there's a download link for .NET 4.5 (only needed if you don't have it installed already, of course!).

**Edited to add note about the prereq for the Win8.1 .NET SDK.**

Edited by Andaone
  • 4 weeks later...

For Windows 7, this one should do the trick:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8279

When the installer gives you options on which components to install, just choose the .Net section of the file tree (unless you need or want the other tools for some reason).

If the installer fails, uninstall any versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable and then try again (per this MS support article).  You can reinstall these afterwards.

These steps worked for me, using Windows 7 64-bit.

Thanks for the tips it worked great.