Mator

[WIP] Mator Smash

Question

Nice to see you found the xEdit forum Mator. Glad to see you're still working on Smash.

I'll give this a try with a couple installs that I have laying around.

Cool!  Looking forward to hearing from you on how that goes!

Nice to see you found the xEdit forum Mator. Glad to see you're still working on Smash.

Yep, fireundubh told me to use it, so I'm using it.  :)

Smash kind of went to the back burner so I could work on Merge Plugins v1.8, but that's basically done now so Smash is now the center of my attention again!

Edited by Mator

I'll do some testing with both Skyrim and Fallout 3. I've been primarily working with FO3 lately, so I'll likely concentrate on using it there.

I'll do some testing with both Skyrim and Fallout 3. I've been primarily working with FO3 lately, so I'll likely concentrate on using it there.

I haven't done any testing with Fallout 3 because I don't have it, so I can't provide any guarantees for functionality.  You may have to adjust record/subrecord exclusion settings (probably not, but maybe).

Hi & welcome here at the STEP forums, Mator!

As you can probably guess, I've been super busy in RL lately - not much time for testing, but I promise I'll try my best when I can squeeze it in.

I've also updated the Nexus Forums Mator Smash thread OP, including your rapid pace of updates since 0.8 earlier today!

Hi & welcome here at the STEP forums, Mator!

As you can probably guess, I've been super busy in RL lately - not much time for testing, but I promise I'll try my best when I can squeeze it in.

I've also updated the Nexus Forums Mator Smash thread OP, including your rapid pace of updates since 0.8 earlier today!

Thanks keith! :D

OK, right when I started it up and before I started patching I saw that you have very flexible system. That is cool and all but for some plugins, I know exactly what records I want included/forwarded but I dont know what the syntax is. Maybe have a system where one can see a tree of all the records so I can check/tick exactly what records I want.

[spoiler=Incomplete example because xEdit is tied up]

For example, Aceeqs, Fantasy Soundtrack Project contains some nice music but there is an optional file which is "Unique Towns and Locations" the it edits ___ and ___ so I only care about the ____ and ____ sub-records respectively and all the other don't matter

Do you understand what I'm saying because it is hard to explain?

So I decided to shove the entire STEP Core and Extended as well as the WAO part in the Weather and Lighting pack so that I can fully observe what Smash does and doesn't. It might look quick but geez is takes a long time. Could it be a MO thing? Would it be possible to do a caching system for some of the plugins that are NEVER edited.

Well, this looks like its going to take awhile because I'm almost and hour in... 

I'm at the hour and 15min mark and the text in the log looks like it is stuttering but it may the weather records but it doesnt seem like it.

I am now regretting shoving the entire LO down Smash's throat. :/

OK, right when I started it up and before I started patching I saw that you have very flexible system. That is cool and all but for some plugins, I know exactly what records I want included/forwarded but I dont know what the syntax is. Maybe have a system where one can see a tree of all the records so I can check/tick exactly what records I want.

[spoiler=Incomplete example because xEdit is tied up]

For example, Aceeqs, Fantasy Soundtrack Project contains some nice music but there is an optional file which is "Unique Towns and Locations" the it edits ___ and ___ so I only care about the ____ and ____ sub-records respectively and all the other don't matter

Do you understand what I'm saying because it is hard to explain?

So I decided to shove the entire STEP Core and Extended as well as the WAO part in the Weather and Lighting pack so that I can fully observe what Smash does and doesn't. It might look quick but geez is takes a long time. Could it be a MO thing? Would it be possible to do a caching system for some of the plugins that are NEVER edited.

Well, this looks like its going to take awhile because I'm almost and hour in... 

I'm at the hour and 15min mark and the text in the log looks like it is stuttering but it may the weather records but it doesnt seem like it.

I am now regretting shoving the entire LO down Smash's throat. :/

If you're running on your entire load order please do the following:

Disable all debug booleans in the constants section of the script (it's at the very top)

Don't click Show Details while the script is running

Doing those two should cut down on execution MASSIVELY.  Like it should reduce it by 70% or more.

If you're running on your entire load order please do the following:

Disable all debug booleans in the constants section of the script (it's at the very top)

Don't click Show Details while the script is running

Doing those two should cut down on execution MASSIVELY.  Like it should reduce it by 70% or more.

That really sped things up :/

Ok, it finished and it does a lot incorrectly, actually a majority BUT I  did leave everything default and just jumped in with out really doing anything other than hitting smash.

Maybe it would be best to skip the official plugins, I'll give that a try. Cant skip em'.

I'll try some really specific things then

As a side thing, would it be possible to add like a random plugin naming thing because that wouldn't cause trouble because it is at the end of an LO plus it would be hilarious.

My patch is called Hulk Smash because why not.

I tried it with mods that edit pretty much the same groups. Yet again, I left everything on default and went with it

Here is the hulk smash plugin. If you want me to patch the LO so you compare then I can do that.

Here is the LO smashed

PuRXEQF.png

There are more than a few things wrong. Here are some images. 

22iiFjg.png

I9gfFUo.png

JhDg6Xo.png

rC2e3Yc.png

This one has a few thing correct but others that are wrong.

GNAM and Static Attenuation are fine but everything else is incorrect.

J5EOjzs.png

Here are some records that have no need to be patched...

o3IrQ7w.png

Ku9269m.png

KDvufsE.png

None of those issues are ones that I'm not aware of.  This is very WIP right now, there's a lot of work that still needs to be done to get things working correctly.

I understand its a WIP...

I guess I should ask, what are you looking for in having other people test it?

I understand its a WIP...

I guess I should ask, what are you looking for in having other people test it?

Exactly what you did, reporting issues.  I'm also looking for ideas on features and people's perspectives.  The thing is I already got a lot of feedback from a lot of people (on the thread on Nexus Mods and the thread on AFK Mods), so right now I'm in the stage of "I've got all this feedback, know about all these issues, and now I need to fix things/develop some stuff."

I guess the issue here is I need an issue tracker and don't have one, so I'm getting multiple reports of the same issues from different users.

I guess I will wait until those big issues are taken care of because they make looking for other issues difficult.

I guess I will wait until those big issues are taken care of because they make looking for other issues difficult.

Yeah, I gotta do work! :D