Real Shelter help

Now I'm stuck and afraid to do anything.

I install the first two MODs of real shelter, then I install the script.

Then I run TES5edit, select all the files, (like the guide said) and click create patch on RSPATCH.esp.  *BOOM* big error.  I try to exit out, but I'm afraid I've already done damage.

Then I notice the warning in the script (a little late)

WARNINGS  \_________________________________________________________________

One or more the following files have been detected:
SUM.esp
ReProccer.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp & Modules
ASIS-Dependency.esp

-----SkyRe and All SkyProc dependant mods have had a long history of corrupting files when you try to copy their records in Tes5Edit.  If you have any weather mod that requires any of the mods above then I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY suggest restarting tes5edit and not loading them in.

Really?

No mention of this at all in the SR:LE guide? none!  The guide tells me to install ASIS and then select ALL mods in TES5edit which is counterindicated in the patcher script.

Now I think I messed up my game and I don't know what to do from here.

Help anyone?

... The Skyproc patchers generate slightly different plugins than what Tes5Edit expects.

Robinsage is recommending that you disable those patches because it can sometimes mess up Tes5Edit.

They dont add any weathers, so they are not needed for the patcher.

Simply uncheck 

SUM.esp
ReProccer.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp & Modules
ASIS-Dependency.esp

and then run the RS patcher again.

After the patcher is done, re-enable those mods you previously disabled.

I guess neo says the warnings dont matter. *shrugs*

BTW, you didn't mess anything up. No files were written. There are only a handful of people that have sever issues on STEP. I participating in most of the troubleshooting for the past 4 months. 

Sometimes things don't work 100% correct but its all good. 90% of the time its a simple solution.

The warning is outdated and doesnt affect anything. It actually should have been removed according to the author but apparently hasn't been.

From the changelog:

2. R.S.Patcher should not give out any errors anymore! No need to deselect mods!

So in short, you messed up nothing and can rest easy.

Okay, sorry for freaking out.

And i was about to give up my hopes of Skyrim modded bliss and go play checkers... but I'm trying again.

Okay, now I've disabled ASIS in MO and launched TES5edit.  I noticed it automatically selected skyrim.esm this time (it hadn't when I ran TES5edit with ASIS checked in MO, I thought it was weird at the time but just did a 'select-all' to open TES5edit)

This time I got an error AOS.esp cannot be added to the RSPatch.esp because it has a higher load order.  I go and drag and drop the RS mods above the Audio Overhaul mod in MO.  Run TES5edit again.  (I notice that skyrim.esm is NOT checked by default this time, so i select-all).  Run the script.  Same error.

EDIT: Found out that the Real Shelter mod has just been updated a couple days ago, (which is the version I just downloaded today) maybe the updated version needs more love.  I'll keep researching.

Edited by FreeMortal

Update again...

I deselected the 2 Real Shelter mods in MO and proceeded through to the end of the guide. 

Got to the conflict resolution guide way at the end (yea!).  Rather than spend another hour doing conflick resolution line by line, I downloaded the pre-made esp. (call me lazy)  Then I tried to sort the masters in SR Conflict Resolution.esp. I couldn't do this because I had (intentionally) left out three mods from the guide (RS Children, Courier Service, and Alternate start). They didn't seem all that necessary and I didn't want to complicate the game more than I had to (yes, I'm way beyond that point now anyway :p )

So I put those mods in, according to the guide. When I run TES5edit, skyrim.esm is now selected by default.

(hmmmmmmm)

I sort the masters and exit out.  TES5edit doesn't complain....

I go right back into TES5edit and notice, again, skyrim.esm is (still) selected by default.  So i run the RSPatch and it zooms along with no errors.  (just lots of dialog boxes to click "OK" on)

[Apply Script done]  Processed Records: 204, Elapsed Time: 05:31

So how did I fix it?  I prayed a lot... Not so sure how neglecting any of those three mods would have caused the RSPatch (or TES5edit) to fail.

Thank you both for taking the time on this New Years Day to help a nerd. 

Good on ya. and Happy new year!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm having an issue with BOSS Userlist Manager and Real Shelter.
The guide says:

BOSS Masterlist Update Required: (Updating Guide)

• Real Shelter.esp AFTER ELFX - Dragonborn.esp
  • RSPatch.esp BOTTOM Extra Late

I have RealShelter.esp enabled but when I run BUM I can't find the esp in the lowerleft pane. (I can find RSPatch.esp but not RealShelter.esp)

Did I do something wrong or cna I just skip this BUM rule?

You need to find it in the right pane and create an override then. Type 'RealShelter.esp' in the right search bar and click 'find next' (without a spacebar inbetween, unless you renamed your esp to 'Real Shelter.esp' instead of 'RealShelter.esp'. In that case it should probably just show up in the left pane though). Then in the right panel, right click RealShelter.esp and select 'Create Override'. Then it will appear in the left pane and you can sort it after ELFX - Dragonborn.esp