Looking to buy a Computer...

phosphor

Yeah to be honest I didn't know about the one year warranty on PNY (haven't bought one in ages). EVGA 760 4GB all the way then unless you can get a EVGA 770 4GB for about the same price as the PNY one. Onboard audio especially on the ROG series such as the VI Hero is pretty good. The only reason I'd see getting a sound card is for voice recording (and even then it's a maybe since I haven't tried recording audio on it) as for otherwise (when I'm not messing with the onboard) I use my graphics cards HDMI port as my audio and since it supports bitstreaming it's perfect for my surround sound (what my PC is hooked up to).

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only suggested a sound card because I have nothing but trouble with the onboard audio of my motherboard.  It's an MSI Z87-G45, utilizing Realtek onboard audio.  It gave me nothing but trouble, so I bought and installed an ASUS Xonar DGX which I've been nothing but happy with.  I love the simulated 5.1 Dolby; especially in Battlefield 4.  ::):

I only suggested a sound card because I have nothing but trouble with the onboard audio of my motherboard.  It's an MSI Z87-G45, utilizing Realtek onboard audio.  It gave me nothing but trouble, so I bought and installed an ASUS Xonar DGX which I've been nothing but happy with.  I love the simulated 5.1 Dolby; especially in Battlefield 4.   ::):

I have the same Mobo with no problem whatsoever. But I don't use 5.1.

I have the same Mobo with no problem whatsoever. But I don't use 5.1.

Well, I didn't mean to insinuate that everyone with the same motherboard as I would have the same problems.  The Realtek chip on my motherboard is obviously faulty.  I could have it fixed via warranty support, but that would require sending my motherboard off to MSI for however long it takes them to complete the RMA process, and I'd rather not be without my PC.  So, I decided to just buy an aftermarket sound card.

It's not necessary that Phosphor do the same thing should he choose not to.  More often than not, onboard audio will more than suffice.  I merely suggested it in case it was something he wanted to include in his machine, but forgot to include.  ::):