MO only loads profile every other time I run SKSE.

Aboogie1

Question

The first time I run SKSE through MO to start the game my profile isn't loaded, or at least there is no continue or load game options available front page. I quit, reopen MO and try again and it works, options to continue and load games are available. If I quit and repeat it is gone again and so on. Is this a known issue? It's not game breaking, just annoying that I have to load the game twice to play. I use the feature that stores saves to specific profile so that's why I'm guessing that the profile isn't loading.

My Specs:

CPU: i5-4670k

RAM: 2x4GB 1866

GPU: 4GB AMD r9 290

7 answers to this question

Do you have RaceMenu installed? It seems to be a problem with the .tri files it places in the Mod Organizer/overwrite/meshes/cache folder, which need to be deleted before starting a MO session.

Edited by myztikrice

Do you have RaceMenu installed? It seems to be a problem with the .tri files it places in the Mod Organizer/overwrite/meshes/cache folder, which need to be deleted before starting a MO session.

Are you sure about that? I have Race Menu installed and as far as I can tell those files get created with each launch and are harmless. Do you have specifics on why those files need to be deleted instead of just ignoring them to be overwritten?

Re- the original question, I use SKSE 1.7.1 and launch four profiles wit local saves for different characters, I don't encounter the issue you mentioned. You can check the Saves tab on the right side of MO to verify the local saves after selecting you desired profile in the drop down menu above the left side of MO.

Are you sure about that? I have Race Menu installed and as far as I can tell those files get created with each launch and are harmless. Do you have specifics on why those files need to be deleted instead of just ignoring them to be overwritten?

Re- the original question, I use SKSE 1.7.1 and launch four profiles wit local saves for different characters, I don't encounter the issue you mentioned. You can check the Saves tab on the right side of MO to verify the local saves after selecting you desired profile in the drop down menu above the left side of MO.

I believe they are harmless and largely useless. I asked expired (author of RaceMenu) about the reason for their existence but wasn't really given an answer, and for a reason I forget are deleted only on subsequent game starts. It may have something to do with large load orders which is why some people report no issues with local savegames + RaceMenu.

See https://issue.tannin.eu/tbg/modorganizer/issues/574 for more info

Regardless, deleting the files before starting the game through MO causes it to recognize local savegames every time.

Edited by myztikrice

About the tri files, I make a mod out of them and open the mod in Windows explorer and set them to read only. The next time I just copied any generated files to the mod and did the same. The last time I ran the game none were generated and I did not have any problems.

If someone else can try this and verify if they get the same results?

Interesting about the Racemenu tri files. I will try deleting them and see if that works for me. It would be strange if that is the issue though because I only started having this problem after migrating my Skyrim to my new computer. I think I did upgrade Racemenu after that though. Maybe I had removed the tri files before but they were regenerated when I updated Racemenu.