Would like some help with a new install

Razorsedge877

Question

I am starting a new playthrough and have a few questions. I basically Combined STEP, Skyrim  Revisited LE, And some of my own mods. I ran Tes5edit and everything loaded fine. When I start the game it loads to the main menu. When I load a clean save in Helgen cave it crashes Loading in all the mods. What are some reasons for this. I haven't tried to make a conflict patch yet but have made the bashed, Sum and FNIS Patch. I am just goofing off right now to see if my mods will at least load in together. My main question for now is how do you make the spoiler icon so I can put my install list up because I would like for the more experienced to give me their input on the mods I have chosen so far. I also understand you have to uninstall mods till you find the ones that are crashing the game but for not I'm just looking for info. I think in the end I want to come up with a list where I can load a new game up and play countless play throughs with it.

5 answers to this question

This is why I love MO compared to previous STEP guides. Try scaling back and deselecting some. Sounds like a script heavy run, which is a common issue. Looking at your sig for the computer setup, large texture mods would be a guess, something I have hit before with a STEP guide on my own 1GB GTX285

Get safety load:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46465/

as well as SKSE 1.7.0. You must have "skyrim/data/skse/skse.ini" file (inside MO works) present containing something along the lines:

[Memory]DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=768 //try 1024ScrapHeapSizeMB=256   // try 512

This should solve most stability issues regarding resource allocation. As for your mods that's a whole different story.

I suspect that "safety load" is no longer required, but just to be safe.

Edited by ntnssc

This is why I love MO compared to previous STEP guides. Try scaling back and deselecting some. Sounds like a script heavy run, which is a common issue. Looking at your sig for the computer setup, large texture mods would be a guess, something I have hit before with a STEP guide on my own 1GB GTX285

Woah, and what display resolution are you playing at?