I can't use the download function after (hopefully) a succesful update to 1.2.1 of MO

Halde

Question

Hi all!

Well the very long title basically says it all. When I attempt to download a mod, I get this message from Mod Organizer:

failed to download
https://fs-7.nexusmods.com/FS/Libs/Common/Managers/Downloads?Download&nid=100&fid=1000105927&ngn=12|2|3: could not open output fiile: C:/Users/<User>(ignore the text between these "()" I just wanted to stay anonymous)/Desktop/ModOrganizer/downloads/Hypothermia - DLC - IA Patchs Mergerd-53232-.7z.unfinished

I just picked a random mod, to see if I would be able to download with Mod Organizer(which is one the reasons that I updated in the first place, the other being able to update Mod Organizer through the integrated "Update"). 
What I did when I updated was:

The workflow is as follows:

• Delete the following in your current ModOrganizer directory:
    • All files EXCEPT ModOrganizer.ini, nxmhandlers.ini, and categories.dat
    • All directories EXCEPT downloads, mods, overwrite, and profiles
  • Now download the latest archive(s) (There may be important optionals you need to install, so read the instructions.)
  • Copy the contents of the latest archive(s) into your ModOrganizer folder, overwriting all.

(Taken from https://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Mod_Organizer_Advanced#Updating_Mod_Organizer)

Except I didn't delete first, I just directely overwrote everything in the folder with the 1.2.1 version of Mod Organizer(the !Beta! one) that I downloaded from the Nexus page. 

On another note. After this update, will I have to redo the FNIS and Skyproc patches? Because if I have to, at least the Skyproc Patcher is messing with me.

~Sincerely

Halde

7 answers to this question

So I've just went through the Mod Organizer "start up" logs(the notes at the bottom when you open Mod Organizer). I think two of these multiple errors might have something to do with it "localization file NMMImport_da-DK not found"While I suspect this is not the cause, just because Nexus(albeit it's NMM and not Nexus site) is mentioned I thought I'd post it. "QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: C:/Users//Desktop/ModOrganizer/downloads"I suspect this is the one that is causing it. Now surprise surprise, I'm no Wiz at modding, pathing or computing in general. So if this is the cause, how to fix it? ~Sincerely  Halde

The first message only tells you that MO doesn't have a Danish translation. I assume that's your system language hence MO tries to load it. No problem here, it uses English as a fallback. The second message probably has the same cause as the download problem, neither is the reason for the other.Both error messages tell you that MO can not open the directory C:/Users//Desktop/ModOrganizer/downloadsThat directory doesn't exist or MO isn't allowed to access it. Please double check that there isn't a typo in that path like a wrong letter in the user name or maybe your MO path on disk has a space between "Mod" and "Organizer"?

One more thing, though I doubt it would cause a problem: Does your username by any chance contain any funny letters not found in the english alphabet, like an Ã˜ ?

• +1 1

I always copy the new and betas of MO over my working install of MO. I have never had a problem doing it this way. As long as you do not overwrite the three files you mentioned you are good to go.

On another note. After this update, will I have to redo the FNIS and Skyproc patches? Because if I have to, at least the Skyproc Patcher is messing with me.

The update will not affect this. That is more a add or delete mod situation.

MO can't open the file it's trying to write to. This is most likely because the output directory doesn't exist or because MO has no write permission to the directory.

If MO was simply missing the "downloads" directory it would have created it, more likely something is wrong with the path "C:/Users//Desktop/ModOrganizer" (btw. / or doesn't matter)

So I've just went through the Mod Organizer "start up" logs(the notes at the bottom when you open Mod Organizer). I think two of these multiple errors might have something to do with it

"localization file NMMImport_da-DK not found"

While I suspect this is not the cause, just because Nexus(albeit it's NMM and not Nexus site) is mentioned I thought I'd post it.

"QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: C:/Users/<User>/Desktop/ModOrganizer/downloads"

I suspect this is the one that is causing it. 

Now surprise surprise, I'm no Wiz at modding, pathing or computing in general. So if this is the cause, how to fix it?

~Sincerely 

Halde

Edited by Halde

Thank you @Tannin! 

I can't believe that little space was so troublesome!

It's working fully now!

And thank you all for being so responsive!

~Sincerely

Halde

Edited by Halde