Is there a sorting Mod that you guys would endorse?

ShadowNirvana

Question

I'm searching for an item sorting mod after seeing that swords, arrows, books etc are all over the place in my inventory.But the ones I found were pretty unsupported. I use Step extended(witth CCOR instead of ars metallica), requiem, a bit of REGS.

6 answers to this question

There are Compatibility Patches between Book Covers Skyrim and Enhanced Better Sorting, REZ Sorting Mod and Another Sorting Mod.

You can find the patches in the Book Covers Skyrim - Compatibility Patch Collection on the Nexus. Be aware that the patch included in Enhanced Better Sorting itself for books is out of date which is why I have just provided a new one.

I use the another sorting mod myself, but I don't think any sorting mod covers all the mods you've mentioned.

A small bit of advice though (to save yourself from having to patch stuff): Put whatever sorting mod you choose to go for at the bottom of your load order. Uncheck its plugin, then use Wrye Bash to give it a Names tag, then rebuild your bashed patch (still with the sorting mod esp disabled).

That will effectively copy the names of all items in the bashed patch without overwriting changes done by other mods to the items, or using more plugins.

• +1 1

Better Skill and Quest Book Names adds the (Skillname) and (Map Marker) type indicators to the books (but no other objects). EBS just deals with the (Skillname) but also affects a broader set of items than books.

But here's the good bit...

In my Compatibility Patch Collection there is a patch between BCS and BSQBN which does not require you to actually have BSQBN in your load order. You could install Book Covers Skyrim, Enhanced Better Sorting and then the BCS-BSQBN patch. You would get the BCS covers with the EBS names for book (and everything else) AND the BSQBN-style skill, quest and map marker labels too.

Does that make sense?

You would need the main BCS and EBS mods as well as the Compatibility Patch for BCS-EBS and BCS-BSQBN.

You could profitably combine the BCS-EBS and BCS-BSQBN patches in TES5EDIT into one if you were familiar with the tool.