ini question

Razorsedge877

Question

4 answers to this question

Yes, simply delete them and launch the game. A new "vanilla" set of INIs will be created by the game when it sees them missing. Note that you'll have to reset the settings in the launcher. It's best to simply backup your INIs before doing any editing to them. That way you'll always have a clean set of INIs to restore if needed.

Also note, MO uses its own internal INIs that are unique to each MO profile and not the ones stored by the game. To edit those, you'll need to use the INI Editor within MO.

Since if you change the INIs in MO and it doesn't affect the actual Skyrim INIs I should be able to delete my INIs in each of my profiles and when I relaunch MO it will put the vanilla Skyrim INIs in each profile? Or do I not even have to delete my INIs in each profile? Also do I have to launch the Skyrim Launcher from Steam or MO to change the MO INIs back to default (did any of that make sense lol)? The reason I ask is because I want to change my settings from High to Ultra.

When first created MO takes the ini files from the default skyrim dir. 

All other profile ini´s are created from this template. So the easiest way to get from high to ultra, is to just create a new set of vanilla ones from steam, then copy them into your profile folder afterwards.