Is there a mod that fixes Candlelight spell

I use STEP Extended with skylight ENB with ELE and ELFX lighting mods as recommended by Skylight ENB. I don't know how torches are modified by theese mods but they work much better than the spell candleligt imo. With these mods and ENB dungeons can at times be really dark and i prefer to use spells to light the room but the spell candleligt doesn't work really good. First of all it produces much less light than the torch, which to me is strange since it's a spell and a magic light should at least light up the room as much as a torch does. Secondly, candlelight look completely different in first person and in third person view. In first person it lights the room a little, but not as much as a torch. In third person in almost gives nightvision making me see much further than the light it produces. Is there a fix for theese problems?

Thanks PlanetExp, of course I can google candlelight mods myself. My question and thoughts was more like if anyone else thought this a problem and found a good mod to replace vanilla candlelight. I know one was recommended by one of the enb's that's recently become popular here on the step forums, maybe vividian, but this only increses the radius of the light, just like some of the mods you googled. It doesn't seem to fix the big difference between first and third person view that doesn't occur when lighting a room using a torch.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

If i was a mod creator, I would create a new spell that, when cast, would function like candlelight but with a radius like that of a torch and similar lighting in both first and third person view. Maybe instead of a floating ball the light can come from the casters hand. When engaging combat, the light would burst into a much larger radius and cast a buff spell, like rally, and drain the caster of a proper amount of magicka. So if anyone reads this and gets inspired :)

Just like for torches then it is rather simple to alter how much light the spell produce. Find the relevant effect in tes5edit, and crank it up.

Since there already are mods that do this then it is simply a matter of altering those without having to search for all the right forms.

The reason I did not implement such a thing is that I already think candlelight is bright enough.... I like the idea that a torch is better then a simple little magic trick. Also you can get the upgraded version where you throw the ball and it sits on a wall and produce light, forgot its name.

It's called magelight, if I remember correctly. I'll check tes5edit and change it myself. The difference in first and third person bugs me and after thinking about i think maybe it's first person that should be altered rather than third since the light produced by the light ball looks like it should be cold.

I definitely thing magic light should be brighter than that from a torch but it's probably because I'm used to d&d where magic is more powerful and eccentric than in tes.

• 2 months later...

I use the ELE torch module that also affect the Mage light, works wonderful with the other ELE modules and relighting skyrim, both together has replaced ELFX for me.

Both torches and magelights look perfect to me.

Edited by Garfink

The magelight with ELE is much brighter than torches and the light is much more natural than the bluish light in the vanilla. The torches are very warm as expected with a limited but reasonable and useful radius.

Sounds perfect. Magelight should be MUCC brighter thna torches imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I use realistic lighting overhaul with a very dark ENB. my dungeons are pitch black so I use wearable lanterns. you might consider trying wearable lanterns because you can specify the radius of the light and with a single keypress of the keyboard you can turn your lantern on and off with a subtle sound effect. it's very nice