[Q] MO with Creation kit and script

masterchief24

Question

10 answers to this question

I am not sure if this is your problem' date=' but the script compiler in the Creation kit is 64 bit and will not run under MO. There is a workaround in the creation kit section of the WIKI third party programs tab, if that is the case.

Thank you for reply.  probably It was 64 bit problem.

I'll try below workaround.

Thank you for your help.

This is probably a silly question, but ... I've got a 32 bit CPU and presumably a 32 bit papyrus compiler. Is there any reason why I shouldn't be able to compile scripts under MO?

(I know ...  64bit would be a much better choice, but my mobo and CPU are getting on a bit and 64bit architectures were a bit under-supported back when I bought them...)

Having experimented a little, it looks like I can. Which is to say the compiler appears to execute, but fails to find the script files. Which is odd since the CK can see them just fine.

I'm guessing this is in some way because I'm running the compiler from the CK and not from MO directly. The prospect of setting up MO to compile a single script file is a little daunting, however.

I can't edit the script with notepad++ when launched from the CK either - file not found.

What I could do with is a command line option for MO to run remaining arguments under the VFS. Or set notepad++ to compile into the appropriate mod folder under MO. Except that wouldn't give access to the SKSE scripts and so forth.

That Wrye Bash workaround sounds like more trouble than it's worth, but I can see it might end up being the only way forward :(

Edited by DocClox

The compiler is probably a "universal" binary, that is: the exe actually code for 32bit and 64bit and runs whichever matches the system.

When running the creation kit via MO, the compiler should run but it will not see the vfs. It should however see the mod directory that contains the script to be compiled!

This means that it should compile scripts just fine as long as the script doesn't depend on anything in a different mod.

I couldn't reproduce the crash you are seeing either.

The compiler is probably a "universal" binary, that is: the exe actually code for 32bit and 64bit and runs whichever matches the system.

Makes sense. A lot of the STEP docs seem to assume everyone is on a 64 bit architecture. Which doesn't bother me particularly, although it is sometimes tricky working out what is generally true and what only applies to 64bit systems.

When running the creation kit via MO, the compiler should run but it will not see the vfs. It should however see the mod directory that contains the script to be compiled!This means that it should compile scripts just fine as long as the script doesn't depend on anything in a different mod.

I was getting simple "file not found". I'll have to try it again and see which file it is that's not being found.Of course, given the number of vanilla scripts changed by SKSE, almost everything is going to depend on something in another mod. (Although that said, I think I still have a copy of the SKSE scripts in data).

I couldn't reproduce the crash you are seeing either.

The compiler errors, you mean? I'll try and post again with a bit more detail if you're interested. I should add that my posts above were based on v1.1.2, since I've been having problems getting some tools to launch from 1.2.*, but I can try the CK again with the beta and see if I still get the same problem.

Forgive the bump, but I'm still stuck on this one.

I've been working using a Wrye Bash maintaned version of the data fodler. That works well enough, but I'd really like to use MO. I can solve the compile problem by editing and compiling from a command window (which is pretty much my preference anyway to be honest.

The trouble I have is that I can't set script properties. I start CK, load my mod, choose the main quest, go to the scripts tab and choose edit properties, and this happens.

Posted Image

Also I can't edit script or compile them, but I'm not worried about that.

For the record: the script does exist and it shows up in the data tab in MO. I can't think why I shouldn't be able to do this, but I can't. Anyone have any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Running v1.2.9

You mean this bit?

The script compiler does not work in Mod Organizer, because it is a 64-bit application. To compile scripts, you will have to temporarily move the scripts to the data directory....NOTE: Compiling scripts in the Creation Kit under MO is not possible as the script compiler is a 64bit application, which Mod Organizer does not support at this time. The following is a workaround.

Only, like I said above, I'm not running a 64 bit system, and even if I was I'm not trying to compile under CK.

Did I miss something?