MO downloads handling and the new Nexus subdomain system.

Dynalisia

Question

Hello,

I can't seem to download mods from the Nexus with MO using the 'Download with NNM/Manager' option on the Nexus. When I do it, it either says 'Download started' or there is no response for a while and then MO says: Failed to request file: Nexus info: invalid response". I've run through the installation guide again, and searched through the various FAQ's and forum threads, but it's not even mentioned anywhere. This leads me to believe I'm either unlucky and found a very specific exception, or, and this is probably most likely, I'm doing something wrong that 99,9% of the users get right. So please excuse me if that is so, but could you please help me with this?

Thank you!

Addendum: Ok, so I just found out that today the nexus is doing some maintenance and network changes. While the stuff they're doing should theoretically not cause problems like mine, I think that considering the type of issue I'm having the connection is not a far fetched one. For now I'll just park this one and chalk it up to "picked the worst possible day to begin modding Skyrim".

Nexus website is down today, on and off all day pretty much. They are making a major change to their domain system, see here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/news/12217/?

EDIT: Ah, sorry, just seen your P.S.

Your problems may be due to the domain system change, see here: https://forum.step-project.com/showthread.php?tid=4282&pid=59906#pid59906

Not sure how MO will behave in this situation, Tannin or one of the MO support guys would have to confirm. I'm moving this back to the Support forum for their attention.

I'm new to Mod organizer and I am having the same issue after downloading some mods yesterday. The domain change has made browsing the nexus hit or miss at the moment. Can anyone using NMM say if they are having similar issues?

just reinstalled skyrim after some mod troubles, thought I would swap NMM for Mod Organizer. But I also picked the wrong day to do that.

NMM users are reporting problems as well, just check some of the forums. It has to do with the way the website changed its urls from skyrimnexus.com/xxxx..... to nexus.com/skyrim/xxxxx....

Just wait till the nexus gets their **** together or download manually and move stuff into the download directory then query info.

I went on new vegas nexus and all my tracked mods, like 12 pages, are gone. Same thing happened when the servers migrated a couple months ago. Just gotta wait and hope it works itself out.

I checked this yesterday: The Nexus interface for programs does not return anything on the new URLs and a redirect to the regular html site for the old URL. So either they have broken that component or they have chosen to lock out non-NMM tools completely or they have changed the interface.

But the current NMM version seems to be the same story, at least I wasn't able to retrieve information about any mod.

MO will need to be updated since the urls are hard coded but right now Nexus needs to be fixed first because I can't even test if stuff works with the updated urls.

In the last five the Nexus had disabled NMM as stated in the Nexus news by DarkOne. As in the services which handle the update/download request are disabled. They have found the cause and have released a new NMM 0.46.0 which uses a different url. It looks as if the old url is still de-activated. For more info see the spoiler beneath. It indeed seems as if Tannin has to change MO for this.

[spoiler=Nexus news 7th of december 2013]One of the main reasons we've had to disable NMM over the past 5 days is because it directly calls our web services from the sites themselves. When too many requests occur, or those requests are bad for whatever reason, it directly affects the performance of the sites and that's obviously not good.

One of the beauties of our new cloud setup is that we can setup new "servers" instantly (technically they're now "nodes"). We decided it made practical sense to set up a new server that's sole purpose is to handle the requests that NMM makes. The reasoning should be quite obvious: if this happens again, if NMM brings down a server, it won't be a server that handles the sites and the sites will still work fine. We don't want a repeat of the recent situation and I don't think the popularity of NMM should negatively affect the people who don't use NMM.

We've released an update today, 0.46.0 that changes the connection settings in NMM so it no longer calls our web servers but instead calls the dedicated NMM node. To put it simply, the more people who update to 0.46.0, the less load there'll be on the web servers and the faster the sites will load.

On top of that we've launched NMM support for X Rebirth in this latest version. We recruited the help of Azhwkd on the Egosoft forums, who has worked on his own Mod Manager for X Rebirth, to help us get support for X Rebirth in to NMM. I'm very happy about this as it's allowed the two dedicated programmers we have for NMM to get on with their work while Azhwkd worked, with some pointers from us, largely on his own to get this code into NMM. It not only means we can keep our focus on current project but it also means that someone who knows the games well is working directly on that game's support. It makes sense. We're very thankful to him and he's been compensated accordingly.

This is something I'd love to see more of in the community: we've released NMM as open source not just so we're totally transparent about what's being installed on your PC, but also so that developers are able to help us out in a wide range of ways if they so wish. This includes the potential to get more games supported in NMM and I'm happy to compensate those developers for their time. Anyone can download the source code for NMM from our Sourceforge page.

At the moment the X Rebirth support is simple enough, it'll download the files from X Rebirth Nexus and place the files in the correct folder. In the future, if necessary, we'll be happy to work with Azhwkd again to get some more complicated functions into NMM for X Rebirth.

We continue to work on the sites and NMM over the weekend. Downloads might work sporadically or just not at all and service might be intermittent but it'll be fixed eventually. But in the meantime your best bet is to download this latest version of NMM as soon as possible, if you use it.

Any news on the progress of getting MO to download off the Nexus again? Like you pointed out, I haven't been able to do so since the big site update. I know Tannin is probably working on it, I'm just curious if it's something he can even do on his end, or if he's still waiting for the Nexus to sort its sh*t out! :D