is there a chat or something like that ?

schrecksekunde

Question

i was searching the forums for some kind of channel and found one posting that said it existed - and that it was removed again.

so is there maybe an irc-channel or anything where someone could ask some quick questions, talk about step and modding and so on ? would for sure be a lot of help and not so much effort.

thx in advance,

schreck

8 answers to this question

An IRC channel would be a good venue, I guess; the UESPwiki folks have one or two of them. Except for the threat of channel invasions and trolls, a channel can be a good place to ask questions. The drawback is that it's not very newbie-friendly in terms of operation; anyone used to MSN style IMs will likely get hit with culture shock.

If you have a proper IRC admin who knows what they are doing you won't have to worry about invades and trolls. I used to fansub and was the driving force behind getting some of the groups I worked with to use IRC and administrated the channels and dealt with the bot upkeep. I could set one up if you decided which IRC network you'd like to use. Then whenever the mods and admins joined I'd give them the proper privileges and setup some chat filter bots.

I was asking for a chat once :)

There was something like a chat available for a while. It was removed though, and as far as I remember the decision was based on the fact that there was no traceability and the possible important information was lost. With forums and threads the conversations just stay here for people to search and access them whenever required.

Well if you want an IRC channel let me know and I can set it up. IIRC there was a sticky feature in either Freenode or Rizon I'd have to check.

An IRC channel would be pretty sweet. Hopefully I can run IRC at work without my laptop bugging out or blocking it. We'll have to see about that.