General Support Thread

Solist

Question

Figured it might not be a bad idea to just start a general SR support thread for help since the feedback thread is focused on actual SR feedback. I'll start this off.

So was playing earlier today, then went and made today's latest changes:

- Updated Lanterns of Skyrim to use Realistic Lighting Overhaul optional preset.

- Added SkyTEST - Realistic Animals and Predators. Removed More Village Animals and Roosters At Dawn

- Updated Apahii Skyhair Natural Retexture.

I also added Grass on Steroids and it's associated INI changes.

I now CTD every time on the menu load. I reversed the INI changes, unloaded SkyTest and Grass on Steroids and still CTD.

What would be the first steps I should in debugging this?

Thanks!

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [08] BetterQuestObjectives.esp

[00:05]                     Parameter #2 ->

[00:05]                     Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST

[00:05]                   Above errors were found in :CTDA -

[00:05]                 Above errors were found in :Condition

[00:05]               Above errors were found in :Conditions

[00:05]             Above errors were found in :Target

[00:05]           Above errors were found in :Targets

[00:05]         Above errors were found in :Objective

[00:05]       Above errors were found in :Objectives

[00:05]     Above errors were found in :CW02A "The Jagged Crown" [QUST:0002D75C]

[00:05]                     Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: QUST

[00:05]     Above errors were found in :CW02B "The Jagged Crown" [QUST:0002610B]

[00:06]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "QUST"

[00:06] Above errors were found in :[08] BetterQuestObjectives.esp

Hi, I have followed all the steps for Skyrim Revisited except the installation of the Alternate Start mod but for some reason after using the Sparks spell tome and playing for a while, whenever I hover or try to read a regular book, the game simply CTDs. Has anyone experienced this before?

P.S. Found the problem, it was the latest Book Covers Skyrim that had problems for me. Deactivating it solved it for me.

So I had a weird hiccup today and I'm still trying to fix it so I'm open to ideas. I re-ran Wyre Bash and SUM after uninstalling Immersive College of Winterhold as I think it was causing a problem (I'd added it last night and ran SUM this morning before I found the problem while playing) anyways it gets to the end of running Automatic Variants and then craps out and says "Failed to properly run Automatic Variants: continue patching?" so I go in and as is usually the solution I delete the previous SUM file and the Automatic Variants, ReProccer and Dual Sheath Redux .esp's and after doing that several times which I sometimes have to do and it still didn't work I deleted my consistency files and am still stuck. Now I think it's hitting it's 750MB RAM allocation. As when I look at it in task manager it's ~1260MB so I tried increasing the RAM it's allowed to use and that didn't help any.

hs_err_pid5872.7z

Alright so just an update I finally fixed it. Apparently the import mods on startup option in the Automatic Variants menu decided to break itself between the patch I did this morning and this afternoon. Unticking that seemed to fix it.

[00:00] Checking for Errors in [08] BetterQuestObjectives.esp

[00:05]                     Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference' date=' expected: QUST

[00:05']                   Above errors were found in :CTDA -

[00:05]     Above errors were found in :CW02A "The Jagged Crown" [QUST:0002D75C]

[00:05]     Above errors were found in :CW02B "The Jagged Crown" [QUST:0002610B]

[00:06]   Above errors were found in :GRUP Top "QUST"

[00:06] Above errors were found in :[08] BetterQuestObjectives.esp

Sorry it took so long, but all of the above are normal (and would also show up if you checked skyrim.esm for errors*), I don't see any sign of corruption there.

On my copy of that ESP' date=' checking for errors only results in showing null references for the two Civil War quests, both of which are ignorable.[/quote']

Yeah I know the file in the archive is fine, somehow I managed to corrupt it twice on my end. I believe at the time I was copying vmad properties from Moonlight Tales + Werewolf Mastery to make them compatible. I had forgotten there was a patch already included in EBQO. Then you updated the mod so I picked that this time around.

It was just a strange thing that happened, that took me a while to track down. Figured it might help in this case but I guess not. :)

*Not recommended ;)

I installed SR one week ago for the second time and after some fine-tuning everything runs fine apart from occasional CTDs and freezes. Now I want to add some mods and would like to ask you all about compatibilty:

- I want to replace Realistic Lightning Overhaul with Enhanced Lights and FX including the Unofficial Sounds of Skyrim and Enhanced Lights and FX Patches,

- add Dynavision - Dynamic Depth of Field and Ultimate Lighting Overhaul instead of any ENBs and

- add High Level Enemies because I forgot it during the initial installation.

I'm also using SkyRe, ASIS and Immersive Armours and during the installation had some problems with the final patching for Automatic Variants, ASIS and Reproccer. Do I have to patch everything again or are the additions fine without it? And what are your thoughts on save game compatibility?

Thanks for your answers!

Posted by justfun - Today 11:31 AM

I installed SR one week ago for the second time and after some fine-tuning everything runs fine apart from occasional CTDs and freezes. Now I want to add some mods and would like to ask you all about compatibilty:

- I want to replace Realistic Lightning Overhaul with Enhanced Lights and FX including the Unofficial Sounds of Skyrim and Enhanced Lights and FX Patches,

- add Dynavision - Dynamic Depth of Field and Ultimate Lighting Overhaul instead of any ENBs and

- add High Level Enemies because I forgot it during the initial installation.

I'm also using SkyRe, ASIS and Immersive Armours and during the installation had some problems with the final patching for Automatic Variants, ASIS and Reproccer. Do I have to patch everything again or are the additions fine without it? And what are your thoughts on save game compatibility?

Thanks for your answers!

You can replace RLO with ELFX as long as you disable all the RLO specific patches etc. Also there is a major incompatiblity with SOS, but seems like that has been fixed by now, otherwise it is "simple" to do. 

Dynavision you can just plug in it conflicts with nothing, I am currently using it. ULO you can use with no issue since it does not alter any ingame attributes, it is pure post processing of only the colors. 

High level enemies is also compatible with SR in its default form with no apparent conflicts, at least I am running with it, and my limited testing showed no issues. 

However since you are using SkyRE then there might be some issues, you have to check Iroha´s thread for better support. The same goes for ASIS, I personally stopped using it because everything it does is just too unstable. 

And yes EVERY time you add a new .esp you have to rerun every patch since all patches require an updated load order... even if they do not seem to use said order for anything. Then it is better to be save then sorry. 

As for Save game compatibility, then in general no. However if you only add mods that have no scripts then it is "safe". If you just add stuff like ULO then it is perfectly safe since it has nothing to do with your save game data at all. 

But still to save yourself from alot of grief and issues, always make a mod list, and then play the game with that mod list... if you want to try new stuff, make a new profile in MO and start a new game again. If you do not want to play up to the same level, then just use the console to provide yourself with the gear and level/perks you had before! 

Skyproc (SUM) aint working for me. It starts, when I go over the arrows settings appears, but I can't click it. I already re-installed Java and Sum, but that didn't work out. I also tried to change the Binary in MO for SUM to the 64bit part, but MO says you can not do that?

Can someone help me?

So I tried to run the jar files of automatic variants and dual sheet separate, but that didn't work out either. I get a error message in skyrim about dual sheet redux patch??

edit. got them both working by adding both jar files as executables to MO. Run them both, afterwards run boss, and it is working.

Skyproc (SUM) aint working for me. It starts, when I go over the arrows settings appears, but I can't click it. I already re-installed Java and Sum, but that didn't work out. I also tried to change the Binary in MO for SUM to the 64bit part, but MO says you can not do that?

Can someone help me?

So I tried to run the jar files of automatic variants and dual sheet separate, but that didn't work out either. I get a error message in skyrim about dual sheet redux patch??

edit. got them both working by adding both jar files as executables to MO. Run them both, afterwards run boss, and it is working.

yeah theres nothing technically "wrong" with doing it that way but of course would be nice to be able to use SUM

@Aiyen

Thanks for the detailed answer! I added various mods, applied the various patches once more as laid out in the SR&ASIS/SkyRe thread and everything works fine. Its good to be able to rely on the experiences of a lively community!

Finally started playing this weekend.

I got a few problems. I have freezes in open outside spaces when I'm under attack and I use my fire spells. In villages and dungeons everything works fine. And when I just use my swords everythings works out also. I think its in the BFS effects mod. Gonna test that this week. I also read on these forums more people had freezes in the Wild. Maybe someone has an idea what to do?

And I got a problem with the eagle eye perk in the markmanship (archery) tree. Upgraded to it last night, but the zoom didn't work. I reassigned the block key before I started my game, because some vampire mod used the same key. Maybe it has to do with that? Maybe its something in SkyRe? I don't know.

(I found a solution online, gonna try that tonight when I level up again (could reload a save game to upgrade something else))