Error: OpenGL: framebuffer objects unsupported

Kattmandu

Question

Persistent OpenGL error.  Not always on the same file however.

[02:04] Error: OpenGL: F:\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\largeimperialtentlod framebuffer objects unsupported.

[02:06] Error: OpenGL: F:\Tools\DynDOLOD\TexGen_Output\textures\lod\whtrimstone1lod framebuffer objects unsupported.

image.thumb.png.f4c96f646b3f3eedf7a933fab7229f21.png

Clicking on links in error message window does not open anything.

Clean installed Nvidia graphics driver v565.90 (WHQL) without any "bloatware".

image.thumb.png.d472b65d6a0263b0d61817b799febd7f.png

image.thumb.png.baefefc6560488466972364c0413a8be.png

Restarted computer twice.

Using:

DynDOLOD DLL NG and Scripts 3.00 Alpha 33

DynDOLOD Resources SE 3.00 Alpha 53

DynDOLOD 3.00 Alpha 181

Log files:

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

TexGen_SSE_Debug_log.txt

Edited by Kattmandu

2 hours ago, sheson said:

If you have the same problem as OP, then the same solution OP reported as working should apply.

I expected that as well you are right, but I wanted it to be known that I had the issue too which could mean a issue between the latest driver update and Texgen.

As a update the solution above also worked for me. Specifically for anyone reading this and a little lost please navigate to the following folder:

-Where you unpacked Dyndolod start by going to the "Edit Scripts" folder > DynDOLOD > TexGen_SSE.INI (Note: if you are doing this for a different game edit that games ini. Since I am doing this for Skyrim SE I edited the SSE ini)

-Scroll to the bottom of the ini and add this at the very bottom:

;Fix Errors While Running
RenderSingle=1
RenderTexturesSingleThread=1

As a side note. I noticed that Texgen does NOT work on some 4k monitors, specifically the start button is hidden. It of course will depend likely on your monitor type etc. but for my monitor the default scale is 300% and this is where the actual problem and solution lie. If you have issues seeing the entire popup window for Texgen and cant even run it because the button is hidden on you, right click your desktop and select "display settings" Change your scale to a lower number. For reference my default scale is 300 but I change it to 200 to run texgen. This allows me to see the entire window. Without changing the scale I cannot see or select the run button in Texgen.

Im not sure if you will read this Seshon but out of intellectual curiosity when we add the two ini lines above are we just processing using a single thread meaning its no different from multi processing just slow? What would be the cause of this and can you explain to me why you thought (correctly so) that would be the solution?

hello, been using dyndolod forever, never had any problems until now, updated to alpha-182 and getting this error about opengl now.
log
debug_log

i have geforce 565.90 drivers and im on win 11 pro build 26100.2033

reinstalled drivers, no change

i can provide further information if needed

Edited by mrmalin

Hello again!

I would like to report that I have successfully generated a TexGen_Output.zip! Thank you for all your help. The solution appears to have been adding RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 (and commenting out ;RenderSingle=1 as it didn't resolve the issue). I may also have inadvertently reverted several cleaned plugins to their original dirty state, and cleaning them once more was done between running TexGenx64.exe but by this time I'd added the Render[...] settings to the .ini files, so cleaned plugins may very well have been the only fix that was needed, but the changes to .ini's didn't hurt.

It's strange that none of my searches brought these past posts up. Sorry about dredging up what appears to be a problem that's been solved several times over.

For what it's worth, years ago I did some modding for Baldur's Gate 1 and 2, and answering the same questions over and over was certainly something we ran into a fair amount. I truly appreciate your patience and dedication, sheson!

34 minutes ago, mrmalin said:

hello, been using dyndolod forever, never had any problems until now, updated to alpha-182 and getting this error about opengl now.
log
debug_log

i have geforce 565.90 drivers and im on win 11 pro build 26100.2033

reinstalled drivers, no change

i can provide further information if needed

Moved to the appropriate thread for the message. See https://dyndolod.info/Official-DynDOLOD-Support-Forum#Use-Search

See if setting RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 in D:\MO2\Tools\DynDOLOD\Edit Scripts\DynDOLOD\TexGen_SSE.ini as explained above makes a difference.

On 10/13/2024 at 5:07 AM, sheson said:

If you do not select tree LOD billboards it runs through?

Add GLListDebug=1 to the TexGen INI and upload new logs.

I wonder if using driver version 561.09 makes a difference.

I deselected the Tree lods and still got the error
Added the line and here are the new logs
Not sure about the driver version but since I was able to get everything running with version Alpha 180, I dont want to go through the trouble of rolling back by display driver. I current have 565.90

https://ufile.io/o94kc084

TexGen_SSE_log.txt

Edited by LordIceWolf

27 minutes ago, LordIceWolf said:

I deselected the Tree lods and still got the error
Added the line and here are the new logs
Not sure about the driver version but since I was able to get everything running with version Alpha 180, I dont want to go through the trouble of rolling back by display driver. I current have 565.90

https://ufile.io/o94kc084

TexGen_SSE_log.txt 271.93 kB · 1 download

The log shows RenderTexturesSingleThread=0 and RenderSingle=0 is being set. Try to set it to RenderTexturesSingleThread=1 and RenderSingle=1

Upload new logs if problem persists.